Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

I've reread the posts between Stokeworth and Grandison and find they both seem to overreact. They take every comment they say to each other way out of porportion, but they don't carry this behavior to other players---only each other. That bothers me. It makes it look a bit deliberate.

As things stand now, I think they make for partners that are trying a little early distancing and would help lynch either of them.

We should lynch one of them and test this therory. Stokeworth

edit: how the hell did I get the wrong quote?

I think Grandison mainly interacted with Stokeworth, so there's not much to say about our hidden lion.

What you're saying here about Stokeworth supports my theory. Why did Stokeworth react in a different way? Because he had been provoked. Did Wythers provoke him? No, and that's probably why Stokeworth reacted differently here. And that's also why I think Grandison appears like if he didn't care about Stokeworth's contribution, but to set him up as a lynch.

edit: spelling

Can you elaborate on this if you still believe this has some truth to it?

I think I explained it already when I was comparing Grandison's discussion with you to that with the Swyft/Connington discussion. It's that Swyft tried to get Connington to post some substantial stuff instead of using Connington's comments to draw him in a bad light only. So when I read Swyft's post I get the feeling that he is genuinely interested in Connington's well-being.

Tyrell, I think you're wrong. We can't know who are the right people to suspect if we don't eliminate people through conversation/attack/defense?

Um, didn't you do essentially the same thing with this ...

I did not say that I think Swyft is not unlynchable but really he is and I'm only saying he's unlynchable to prevent him being shot at night.+

Swyft has made a rather good post. I won't vote for him today, but he's still (at the bottom though) on my suspect list.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Connington (Strokeworth, Crakehall, Martell)

2 votes for Martell (Greyjoy, Grandison)

2 votes for Strokeworth (Wythers, Reyne)

1 vote for Bracken (Vyrwel)

1 vote for Grandison (Tyrell)

1 vote for Swyft. (Bracken)

1 vote for Tyrell (Baratheon)

2 players have not voted: Connington, Swyft..

Your Mod is going to bed. her brain is frazzeled so there are no guarantees the vote count is correct.

There currently is only one Mod at the moment so if you should lynch early then I suggest people send in PM's a bit like

"If lynched player is not a killer then snog Piddles. If Lynched Player is a Killer then have :smileysex: with Targ"

Please also remember Targ likes spam to post in the spoilers, so PM me your thoughts.

What an atrocious spamfest you’ve been up to while I was having a little shut-eye…

I’m severely dissapointed in you all.

I extremely like this post of Swyft

He points out the flaws in Conningtons posts and also offers a solution to get Connington started. I am satisfied with the cock.

I didn’t like that post from Swyft at all, I actually voted for him because of it. I’m not sure I like mucho of what you’ve been up to lately either… It all sounds pretty non-committal and vague. Tyrell, I love you no longer. They say love won't survive the distance, or the distancing, or something or other.

Regarding your other question, Grandison easily dismisses Martell and I as people he would readily lynch which was pretty early in the game for that kind of sureness, So seeing him diving to defend Martell and then asking for his head I sensed he was trying to distance himself from Martell.

Martell is kind of newbie sounding. So is Baratheon, but he’s more funny. Martell’s latest vote on Connington was quite atrocious. I can’t blame Grandison for not liking Martell, but I disagree with your assessment. Wyther’s Stokeworth case I thought was pretty much spot on. I don’t like Stokeworth, and I’m unconvinced by people’s 180º turn on him. I'd much rather have Connington's doubtful stance than Swyft's. I don't like Swyft and his making long posts clearing people on day one rather than condemning them. That said, the reactions to Stokeworth's reveal or gamble or whatever were rather puzzling, specially COnnington's and Crakehall's (and I quite like Carkehall thus far). I think it's too extreme a circumstance to draw valid conclusions, though, so I personally wouldn't hold it against either of them.

Um, do you want us to test this one out? Because honestly I'm considering it.

Connington on the other hand, is growing on me. Yes, I'd gladly lynch one of Tyrell or Martell today before I'd lynch you. I also agree with your assessment of Grandison.

As things stand now, I think they make for partners that are trying a little early distancing and would help lynch either of them.

Or anyone else? I agree with the criticisms against this post by Reyne. I don't like Reyne.

Well if you read my previous posts I thought I made it pretty clear. I was in favor of lynching either Martell -- for being the center of two conflicting arguments where he'd be a partner in either case -- or Tyrell -- for a possible symp connection in Bracken.

Which two players do you see as the possible Martell partners?

I did not say that I think Swyft is not unlynchable but really he is and I'm only saying he's unlynchable to prevent him being shot at night.+

Swyft has made a rather good post. I won't vote for him today, but he's still (at the bottom though) on my suspect list.

Is this post a place-holder or something? I'm happy with my vote on Tyrell for now.

I don't get the logic behind the idea that Stokeworth is guilty. How many FM's confess on day 1? Really? My first assumption on reading it was that it was a joke. But it being a tactic is fine too.

All the people who instantly jumped on it are suspicious IMO. Too keen to find an easy excuse to lynch.

If it really makes you happy, Connington. Oh my God, you lazy opportunistic sheep, you're placing a fourth serious vote on someone and putting him in danger of a premature lynch.

Swyft, was this vote from genuine suspicion of Connington? It doesn't really sound like it, from the post.

Baratheon's response below is my dislike of Martell's first vote.

Of course it was random, hardly anyone had posted at that point and you certainly hadn't. He didn't even attach it to a joke about your avatar or anything.

In fact, there was a joke, but very bad, judging by the fact nobody have noticed it. Baratheon is the very first name in player list.

I don't get the logic behind the idea that Stokeworth is guilty. How many FM's confess on day 1?

In that case, I'm an FM too!

In all seriousness, it was obviously some sort of gambit, whether to catch miscreants or to clear himself from suspicion remains to be seen, but the only logical approach is to judge him based on the rest of his gameplay.

To me, it's quite unconcvincing thus far. I agree with Wyther's early case and don't like his vote on Connington.

Connington's reaction seems like slightly dodgy logic, and Crakehall's seems to be hedging a tad too much, but unlike Stokeworth I find their game play pretty solid otherwise, so as I said I'm more willing to overlook their reaction in extreme circumstances.

So, Connington.

During RP stage, states he wants to be voted. Swyft takes that as (unsuccessful) try to start serious stage, but I don't think so, since Connie keeps joking even after serious discussion started. His first game-realted post is #125; rather long post but totally lacking any content. Says he wants lynch me or Tyrell because of coroner finder, it's hardly an opinion.

#129:

For those who are around right now, any opinions on the Tyrell/Bracken exchange? Is it just innocuous banter? The lack of commentary on the subject makes me feel like I'm missing something.

As somebody already noted, asking for comments instead of making ones looks very FMish.

#133, #142: objects theory about Stokeworth and Grandison being partners. Still no opinion on whether each of them is suspicious by himself.

#146: five minutes after Stokeworth's reveal, hopes it was a joke.

#150: 18 minutes after the confession and one minute after Swyft voted Stokeworth, votes Stokey also. I suppose it's worth sheeping I even seen. He is still unsure if it was a joke or not, but he jumps at the train.

#156: wants Stokey to be speedlynched: ("I say we don't prolong the inevitable.") despite of still being unsure of his guit.

#172: after being pressured and voted, suddenly becomes sure of Stokey's guilt. No explanation why.

#198:

And yes, I'll say it: I think Stokeworth is guilty.

But regardless I'll remove my vote for now.I have every intent of recasting it barring some grand revelation, but I don't like the idea of being part of a lynch train in absentia.

Bad reason for removing, I'd say.

Summary: we observe talkative but absolutely non-commitable player who failed to make a stand until somebody confessed and a player foted for confessor... and stepped aback under pressure very soon.

Perhaps, he is even too bad to be truely guilty... but I see no better lynch for today.

You always were awful at alt-guessing. :)

Meaning you're not a noob? Such a pity... I was going to give you a day 1 pass too :P

I don't dislike your last post about Connington as much as I have disliked other posts of yours, though I don't really agree with it either. Well, in danger of sounding wishy washy I'll say that although I agree on your point on Connington hedging slightly (I wouldn't go as far as saying absolutely non-comittal) I don't see him under the same light, and to avert the wishy washy-ness slightly I'll say I like Connington and would rather not lynch him today and lynch someone else.

People I don't really like are Tyrell, Swyft, Reyne and Stokeworth. I've no special fondness for you either :P

Hi, I'm back and I've not finished my catch up yet. Just reached the point of Stokeworth's "reveal". I don't know if Stoke has come back or not to comment on it, but I think we shouldn't end the day now (if it's not been done yet). 1) because there is a possibility Stoke is just a pissed off innocent, so we shouldn't consider it over. 2) because IIRC there is a player who can only arrive very late to the ball and it would be stupid to end the day before he had a chance to arrive. 3) because selfishly I'd like some time to finish looking at what happened till now.

I have to say that until Stoke's movement my attention was driving me towards Reyne/Connington. Not only because they are quite loud but also because of Connie's call for attention, which I find weird, because of the interactions between Reyne and Connie and because of their theory on Grand/Stoke's interactions which I found quite interesting in respect to the aforementioned theory.

More on that when I have time.

BTW I want to apologize, I won't have a lot of time for the game and may be absent for long stretches of time (though in no danger to hit the modkill limit). Today and tomorrow should be OK, but Thursday will be hard, if I'm still here at that point.

Meaning you're not a noob? Such a pity... I was going to give you a day 1 pass too :P

Give it to Bara instead, he needs it more. :)

I don't dislike your last post about Connington as much as I have disliked other posts of yours,

No wonder, counting that it was my second serious post.

People I don't really like are Tyrell, Swyft, Reyne and Stokeworth.

What exactly you dislike about Reyne?

I agree that Tyrell's last pack of posts was rather empty, but I still don't want him to go now. Perhaps it was just not his best day. He looks like a useful player potentially.

I liked Stokeworth at the beginning of the day, and when I've seen his confession, I was absolute sure it was a joke, he didn't sound that desperate. I just can't imagine a killer to do such a thing (though it helped him in net result, so you can WIFOM it).

I can agree on lynching Swyft, if Connnington's train would stuck. At least, he should explain his too radical change of mind about Stokeworth.The rest of him doesn't look to me terribly suspicious.

Good morning. Remove vote on Martell. Wythers, that vote was serious enough--Martell had been flying under my radar, and I think it's pretty common for FMs to lie low on Day 1, so I wanted to see how he'd react to a vote. And then he basically lol'd at me. <_< In any case, there are bigger fish to fry now.

I was suspicious of Stokeworth even before the reveal, but I'm going to re-read in case any of the reactions to it strike me as even more suspicious. The reveal could be a desperate FM's prayer to the cult of WIFOM, and he's at least made his lynchtrain a pain to analyze. Atm, I don't want to spend time WIFOMing back and forth about this for the days to come. It's already giving me a headache.

I just don't see that Grandison actually wants Stokeworth to say something useful or that he is interested in what the sheep is saying. Especially when I compare this with your own efforts to discuss with Stokeworth or Swyft's attempt to communicate with Connington.

Even were I an FM, I'd want everyone saying something useful, or at least saying something. The game's not much fun otherwise.

The only other thing I have noticed is that Bracken deliberately wrote something that could be read as a symp clue. He seems to be playful, ok, but somehow an innocent shouldn't risk risk a potential case (especially when it's ME who is at the delivering end).

Agreed that you look guilty by association here. With the coroner finder I'm currently most considering you or Martell for today's lynch. (Er, slight favor towards Martell for being in the center of TWO conflicting arguments :P)

Connington, could you explain what the possible symp clue was? And please, I want Connington to answer for himself - I am trying to figure something out.

Archived