Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

I hate cases that hang on the existence of connections that aren't there. I didn't find much in your argument that was worth addressing as most of it involved conspiracy theory about me and Reyne.

*snort* Sorry, I know you've addressed this, but I couldn't resist. Your cases (day 1, I know) have been entirely based on theoretical connections.

I believe 100% that we need to lynch Stokeworth.

Anyone have any reason we should NOT do so?

Not a specific reason, per se, but I hate the idea of losing a large part of discussion just because someone is the 'obvious' lynch. I don't want to drag out the day for the sake of it, but I also want it to be a bit of a fight rather than being a foregone conclusion.

I need to see the lynch CF and the night results, then I will be able to move on. Sorry, but it is hard for me to judge things in a vaccuum.

And if Stokeworth comes up innocent, what judgment will you take away from that?

Compared to Stokeworth, I think he's been playing pretty good. :P I understand that you've a case on Connington, and I think it's pretty good, but you're letting Stoke go on account of being too meh? Why is it so suspicious to pick a lynch, especially with some 20 hours left in the day, based on how useful a CF result would be?

Stokeworth - aside from the reveal - doesn't read all that scummy to me anymore. I know the reveal is kind big, but I can justify it in my head and it's not an automatic strike for me. Maybe I've become immune to poor/fake reveals over time. And really, you have to ask why picking a lynch with T-20 hours is a bad idea?

Now please do tell me what profound insight you gleam from my, again, EARLY DAY ONE suspicion or drop it already. I guarantee that unless you're the symp you're wasting your time.

My insight is that you don't pay very close attention. As Greyjoy said, I am looking for the specific quote where Bracken symped Tyrell.

I don't get the logic behind the idea that Stokeworth is guilty. How many FM's confess on day 1? Really? My first assumption on reading it was that it was a joke. But it being a tactic is fine too.

All the people who instantly jumped on it are suspicious IMO. Too keen to find an easy excuse to lynch.

I agree with the first paragraph, but diagree with the second. When I read Stokeworth's resignation I fortunatly had the oppportunity to scroll down the next few posts to see that it was a fake. It's hard to say what I would have done had I been around during the reveal.I probably wouldn't have voted Stokeworth, but I would have had some doubts for sure before thinking over the whole situation.

Right now I'm convinced that the sheep is innocent. I don't think that he was faking his anger, it sounds very genuine to me. Of course FM can get angry too, but they wouldn't confess when they have a partner who is still alive. Everyone here has a special responsibility for his teammates, and that relies even more to the FM. No, no one can be that pissed that he abansons his possibly only partner. And IIRC Stokeworth's resgnation came at a point when the discussion hat already cooled down.

Very well, I assume you mean this one?

Besides, there were a few questions adressed to you that you didn't care to answer. Care to do so now? In particular, why do you think that if Stokeworth turns out guilty Grandi would be close on the lynch list?

People look for connections everywhere and there's been several people --well, OK only Rayne comes to mind-- who brought up Grandi as a possible companion.

I didn't say I agreed with the assessment of Grandi... or maybe I did, it was too long ago for me to remember :P

And if Stokeworth comes up innocent, what judgment will you take away from that?

Stokeworth - aside from the reveal - doesn't read all that scummy to me anymore. I know the reveal is kind big, but I can justify it in my head and it's not an automatic strike for me. Maybe I've become immune to poor/fake reveals over time. And really, you have to ask why picking a lynch with T-20 hours is a bad idea?

There is no justifiable reason for an innocent to "pretend" a temper tantrum and claim evil. If he comes up not a killer, I will think he was a symp.

You make it sound like this mess is my fault. I was not the one who made a claim. The mess and all the fall out from it is to be laid at the feet of Stokeworth. If he is innocent then maybe we can discuss what being part of a team means in spoiler heaven (and rule B1)

edit the rule

Stokeworth is the obvious choice because he will be a distraction for all the game, but I didn't find him suspicious till the reveal, and after rereading him, I still don't think he was more suspicious than many of the other players. And I hate to lynch someone for those reasons alone.

I want to reread Stokeworth. I don’t know what to make of him, but if he’s innocent I think it was a horrible move, enough to want to lynch him today. Because I’m afraid I will regret it if we don’t, unless Stokeworth can somehow prove his innocence.

Say what?

Poor wording on my part, sorry. I meant that I didn't think that reasoning for a vote was so bad for early day 1. If you want to put a non-RP vote down, that's as decent reasoning as any at that point.

In any case, I see where you're coming from.

My insight is that you don't pay very close attention. As Greyjoy said, I am looking for the specific quote where Bracken symped Tyrell.

Of that we can agree I am very much indeed guilty.

I don't know if there's an exact quote. I felt the back and forth was suspicious. Even Tyrell commented later on --I presume seriously-- that it looked like Bracken was symping him.

I have to look a bt closer at Connington apparently, since a certain train seems to roll into his direction. For now I only want to comment this:

For those who are around right now' date=' any opinions on the Tyrell/Bracken exchange? Is it just innocuous banter? The lack of commentary on the subject makes me feel like I'm missing something.[/quote']

For me it looks like Connington found the interaction between Bracken and my humble self weird and wanted to know if he was hunting ghosts or if someone else had the same feeling. SO he made a comment and wanted others to comment. I see no problem with that and I don't connect this with typical FM behaviour.

For me it looks like Connington found the interaction between Bracken and my humble self weird and wanted to know if he was hunting ghosts or if someone else had the same feeling. SO he made a comment and wanted others to comment. I see no problem with that and I don't connect this with typical FM behaviour.

Thank you. Exactly.

Very well, I assume you mean this one?

People look for connections everywhere and there's been several people --well, OK only Rayne comes to mind-- who brought up Grandi as a possible companion.

I didn't say I agreed with the assessment of Grandi... or maybe I did, it was too long ago for me to remember :P

Yeah, that one. Except that if you had taken it in the wall-of-text, you would have had the context which was (recap mode on)

Reyne: I think Grandi and Stokey are buddies trying to fake distancing.

Connie: I don't believe that's true. It would be too dangerous to fake such an interaction. And Grandi would obviously be on the shortlynch list if Stokey turns evil.

With your explanation, it becomes sort of circular.

Tyrell: something I don't understand in your last post

Right now I'm convinced that the sheep is innocent. I don't think that he was faking his anger, it sounds very genuine to me. Of course FM can get angry too, but they wouldn't confess when they have a partner who is still alive. Everyone here has a special responsibility for his teammates, and that relies even more to the FM. No, no one can be that pissed that he abansons his possibly only partner. And IIRC Stokeworth's resgnation came at a point when the discussion hat already cooled down.

From Stokey's explanation, he was not really angry but faking it to see how people would react. And please explain me why an angry innocent would claim to be guilty.

Vyrwell

The "we need to lynch him because he'll be a distraction all game" argument is a load of bollocks, as it will only be a distraction if people keep bringing up exactly that argument! We can consider other things, as long as we still have functioning brains.

Unfortunately we had enough examples of such distractions and the damage it caused.

Shhh!!! Master it was obvious I was YOUR symp and not Martell’s :rolleyes:

I don’t have a clue as to why my vote for Martell could be interpreted as a symp clue more or less than any other random/RP vote on day 1, but I find this long post of Tyrell very strange. What were you aiming at with that post? I see your vote is on Grandison and I can see how you can find Grandi nervous, but why go to that extent of analyzing this?

Can you point said symp clue for me? I missed it?

1) I know that the clue was directed at me, but as Stokey had already spilled the beans and we all know what happens to squid sooner or later, I decided not to give away my role. Especially not after lynching lying that blatantly to Bracken. :P

2) Why not analyzing this? There hasn't been that much to comment and I thought Martell was suspected for a wrong reason. The other reason was to start a discussion with Grandison, of course.

3) Of course I can point out the symp clue! :thumbsup:

Say what?

Say what what?

If you take the whole quotes and not just the underlined part it's quite clear. Let me underline it differently:

I want to reread Stokeworth. I don’t know what to make of him, but if he’s innocent I think it was a horrible move, enough to want to lynch him today. Because I’m afraid I will regret it if we don’t, unless Stokeworth can somehow prove his innocence.

Stokeworth is the obvious choice because he will be a distraction for all the game, but I didn't find him suspicious till the reveal, and after rereading him, I still don't think he was more suspicious than many of the other players. And I hate to lynch someone for those reasons alone.

Contradiction between my head (lynch Stokey, or you'll regret it) and my heart/gut (I don't find Stokey all that suspicious and I hate to lynch him only for above mentioned arguments).

From Stokey's explanation, he was not really angry but faking it to see how people would react. And please explain me why an angry innocent would claim to be guilty.

Well, if Stokeworth is innocent he already told us that he hasn't been angry when making that post but he had a plan. He has been pissed before that post though (after Grandison's attack and during the discussion with Wythers). I already said that the discussion ahad already cooled down when he was resigning, didn't I?

You make it sound like this mess is my fault. I was not the one who made a claim. The mess and all the fall out from it is to be laid at the feet of Stokeworth. If he is innocent then maybe we can discuss what being part of a team means in spoiler heaven (and rule B1)

Only the first line was directed at you, the second was for Grandison. Dude, calm down. You're taking things to heart that aren't meant as accusations.

Poor wording on my part, sorry. I meant that I didn't think that reasoning for a vote was so bad for early day 1. If you want to put a non-RP vote down, that's as decent reasoning as any at that point.

In any case, I see where you're coming from.

Um, I'm not sure I follow, but since you have no issue with my reasons, um ... ok.

Of that we can agree I am very much indeed guilty.

I don't know if there's an exact quote. I felt the back and forth was suspicious. Even Tyrell commented later on --I presume seriously-- that it looked like Bracken was symping him.

So you never checked if we were inventing stuff? Never had the feeling that it probably would be helpful to read the possible clue to judge if it really looked like a clue? :thumbsdown:

Did anyone else, beside of Bracken, look for the clue?

Looking back at Stokey's reveal, I had a look at Baratheon. There is something bugging me about him.

like I quoted above, I thought liking cocks instead of cats was suspicious. (and I'm clearly new to the game and have almost no idea what is going on so it seemed like a good a reason as any. I'll catch up soon...)

In his second post Baratheon implies he is new and doesn't really know how to play the game.

yet after Stokey's reveal:

well, see... now you ARE supsicious. you're probably just saying that to make us think your innocent and throw us off the track. so you probably are... wait, I'm confusing myself. nevermind!

Apparently Baratheon has a good grasp on WIFOM.

What bugs me is that he claims to be new, a lot of what he does is in agreement with that yet there are some things in his game play that don't exactly fit. I see he's gone, so I won't have an answer tonight, but I'd like a clarification on this.

Well, if Stokeworth is innocent he already told us that he hasn't been angry when making that post but he had a plan. He has been pissed before that post though (after Grandison's attack and during the discussion with Wythers). I already said that the discussion ahad already cooled down when he was resigning, didn't I?

It's the whole argument I don't get. If you were speaking of earlier, then how does his anger relate to innocence or guilt? You have me confused.

For me, Stokey's anger and the fact he acknowledged he's quick to anger are an argument in favour of his guilt. I've already seen FM getting pissed and giving up.

Archived