Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

I believe this is correct:

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

6 votes for Strokeworth (Wythers, Reyne, Grandison, Connington, Baratheon, Bracken)

3 votes for Connington (Martell, Strokeworth, Crakehall)

1 vote for Grandison (Tyrell)

1 vote for Martell (Greyjoy)

1 vote for Swyft. (Vyrwel)

1 players have not voted: Swyft.

eta: 2hr51min remaining http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=3&month=11&year=2010&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p0=0

I believe this is correct:

6 votes for Strokeworth (Wythers, Reyne, Grandison, Connington, Baratheon, Bracken)

1 players have not voted: Swyft.

eta: 2hr51min remaining http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=3&month=11&year=2010&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p0=0

You just beat me to it but I have the same count.

ETA: I'd hammer if the mods were around. Had a look at Vyrwel and Reyne but not much to add.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

6 votes for Strokeworth (Grandison, Wythers, Reyne, Connington, Baratheon, Bracken)

1 players have not voted: Swyft..

its good that we all have the same count

Grandison, I don't want to have to look back through the thread right now, but what else has Stoke done that you find suspicious on it's own?

It's really not enough for a case. To start with, I had bad vibes.

I wanted to drop a vote on Braken since sheeps dont like much agressive players especially day one but now its totally gonna look like a Symp/FM reaction lol

I know he was still in happy lolstime mood when he posted this (even if the day had already gotten serious), but I think the post, even light-hearted, shows an oversensitivity to what people think of him.

I thought he was being hesitant and lying low at first, which is why I told him to step it up in what he considered the incorrect tone. I didn't have a vote to spare (Martell was more suspicious to me pre Stokegate), so I figured accusing him of lacking balls was the next closest thing to a vote. In this case, voting/tone = poking him with a stick. I don't think I crossed any lines, so I think if he were an RI, he'd have no particular reason to be angry about or react at all to what I said. Yet he was/did, and that behavior seemed strange to me. Would that be enough to vote him? No, it's just a memo I put away for later, thus my vote remained on Martell.

Then, I honestly thought his vote on Martell was both sheepy and not meant in earnest, and I didn't like that he wasn't really putting much new thought into the pot at the time. Yes, it was early, but going with the flow is as good an FM strategy early in the game as it is later. I was, as he so elegantly put it, throwing shit at the wall, though only to see who'd object to the smell, not to see what'd stick. Obviously, now he's tried some innovative tactics, to say the least, all of which I find even more suspicious. In any case, I'm not sure of a Stokeworth-Martell connection, but it looked (and still looks) like a half-assed vote on an FM partner to me. Early game, no real threat, but lumping on a third vote for a serious reason is enough to claim some legitimacy for distancing down the line. edit addendum: Alternatively, it was just a half-assed vote on any innocent in sight, because happy RP timez was obvs over by then. ALl in all, I just didn't like the vote. It seemed scummy and pinged my radar.

That's really about all I've got.

edit: coding fail

In keeping with the spirit of this game, much of this post has been written with a cat curled up on my chair. (I say "much," because no cat would have enough patience to sit through the whole thing.)

I'd started writing a huge post quoting every random comment that stuck out, but it's taking too much time. I'll just stick to general impressions and conclusions.

Before I hit preview, I was actually going to vote Baratheon. (I felt guilty doing this, both because he's an easy target and because I feel bad lynching someone who claims to be in his first game. I think Greyjoy's point about WIFOM was silly, since Baratheon hasn't mentioned the word WIFOM, but I agree that for someone who claims to be a n00b, he seems a little too opportunistic with his votes and quick to attack people. He even used the word "defensive," which is more experienced vocabulary.)

But after checking the vote count, I've realized that ship has sailed.

Martell

Other thoughts:

1) Although I agree with Vyrwel's assessment that it's stupid to lynch someone just because we're worried he'll be a distraction later on...Vyrwel has made me increasingly wary. It's not just that he's under-the-radar; it's that he only makes very easy and obvious one-liners like "You're suspicious for voting and saying" and "You're suspicious." There's no focus or follow-through.

2) I've liked some of Wythers' posts, but hated his stance on Stokeworth all game (for some reason, it bothered me more than Greyjoy's). It starts with his first vote on him apologizing if he's innocent, but also REALLY overjustifying what I think is an early vote. Then his stance on Stokeworth's claim is horrible and wishy-washy; he basically says that the claim looks innocent, but that he still wants to lynch Stokeworth anyway because he's suspicious. (Um...shouldn't you be reevaluating in that case if you think the claim is more likely to be true? It's not like you came across as all that confident in your suspicions in the first place.) I think I'll save a case on him for another post, though, since it's already taken me ages to get this one out.

3) Tyrell confuses me. There are times I agree with him (he comes across as though he's looking beyond the surface), and other times as though he seems overly ingratiating and insincere. I see his POV on Grandison's "Rah, rah, CONTRIBUTE!" routine, though.

4) I hated Bracken's first posts attacking me (it felt too theatrical and nitpicky, and I didn't buy his whole "I suspect you, but actually, ha ha, it's a joke, I don't suspect you, it's RP FUNTIMES LOL!" routine), but I'm feeling much better about his more recent contributions. It's kind of the same way I feel about Connington; he's just very casual in his behaviour (for example, how open he is about being wishy-washy).

5) I would definitely vote Martell over Connington or Stokeworth, because he's the only one of the three I suspect. I'm still not 100% confident in my suspicions of him, though (for example, his defence of Stokeworth seemed real-ish).

6) Right now, I'd rate my suspicions like this:

Innocent read: Stokeworth, Connington, Reyne, Crakehall, Bracken (I know, I did a total 180 with the last two)

On the fence: Greyjoy, Tyrell, Wythers

Scum read: Baratheon, Vyrwel, Martell, Grandison

I'd be okay with lynching anyone in the bottom row. But hang on. Still haven't read Grandison or Martell carefully enough.

But that's the irritating thing about being better at picking out innocents than FM, and playing by process of elimination. I can't give players a minus-one vote, just try to push a lynch mob elsewhere on someone I suspect slightly more. Can I permanently ban all lynch mobs on Connington, Stokeworth, and Reyne for the rest of the game? :P

OK, I'm (We?) are going in circles, and I'd like to see the CF before going to bed. Anyone has anything to say before I hammer?

Lynching Stokeworth is a major mistake. Really.

I'm inclined to vote for Connington as I have problems to see an innocent hop on case not knowing what it's exactly about.

I also would like to get some comments about my case against Grandison.

Hilariously, I've just been skimming the past few pages that I've missed, and I've already changed my mind on the rankings I posted above. The bottom two levels are in a state of flux.

I dunno, is there a point for me to correct myself now, or should I wait until Day Two so as to keep my cards hidden?

...You have a case on me? :unsure:

edit: I'm going to go find it so I can respond. Sorry, I would've given you a response for your efforts if I'd known about it. Must've slipped my sights in the Stokegate fuss or something.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

6 votes for Strokeworth (Grandison, Wythers, Reyne, Connington, Baratheon, Bracken)

2 votes for Martell (Greyjoy, Swyft.)

Lynching Stokeworth is a major mistake. Really.

I'm inclined to vote for Connington as I have problems to see an innocent hop on case not knowing what it's exactly about.

I can see it being a mistake if Stokey is innocent but I have a hard time seeing it as a MAJOR mistake. Not lynching would be a major mistake though.

ETA: I also missed Tyrell's case.

In keeping with the spirit of this game, much of this post has been written with a cat curled up on my chair. (I say "much," because no cat would have enough patience to sit through the whole thing.)

I'd started writing a huge post quoting every random comment that stuck out, but it's taking too much time. I'll just stick to general impressions and conclusions.

Before I hit preview, I was actually going to vote Baratheon. (I felt guilty doing this, both because he's an easy target and because I feel bad lynching someone who claims to be in his first game. I think Greyjoy's point about WIFOM was silly, since Baratheon hasn't mentioned the word WIFOM, but I agree that for someone who claims to be a n00b, he seems a little too opportunistic with his votes and quick to attack people. He even used the word "defensive," which is more experienced vocabulary.)

But after checking the vote count, I've realized that ship has sailed.

Martell

Other thoughts:

1) Although I agree with Vyrwel's assessment that it's stupid to lynch someone just because we're worried he'll be a distraction later on...Vyrwel has made me increasingly wary. It's not just that he's under-the-radar; it's that he only makes very easy and obvious one-liners like "You're suspicious for voting and saying" and "You're suspicious." There's no focus or follow-through.

2) I've liked some of Wythers' posts, but hated his stance on Stokeworth all game (for some reason, it bothered me more than Greyjoy's). It starts with his first vote on him apologizing if he's innocent, but also REALLY overjustifying what I think is an early vote. Then his stance on Stokeworth's claim is horrible and wishy-washy; he basically says that the claim looks innocent, but that he still wants to lynch Stokeworth anyway because he's suspicious. (Um...shouldn't you be reevaluating in that case if you think the claim is more likely to be true? It's not like you came across as all that confident in your suspicions in the first place.) I think I'll save a case on him for another post, though, since it's already taken me ages to get this one out.

3) Tyrell confuses me. There are times I agree with him (he comes across as though he's looking beyond the surface), and other times as though he seems overly ingratiating and insincere. I see his POV on Grandison's "Rah, rah, CONTRIBUTE!" routine, though.

4) I hated Bracken's first posts attacking me (it felt too theatrical and nitpicky, and I didn't buy his whole "I suspect you, but actually, ha ha, it's a joke, I don't suspect you, it's RP FUNTIMES LOL!" routine), but I'm feeling much better about his more recent contributions. It's kind of the same way I feel about Connington; he's just very casual in his behaviour (for example, how open he is about being wishy-washy).

5) I would definitely vote Martell over Connington or Stokeworth, because he's the only one of the three I suspect. I'm still not 100% confident in my suspicions of him, though (for example, his defence of Stokeworth seemed real-ish).

6) Right now, I'd rate my suspicions like this:

Innocent read: Stokeworth, Connington, Reyne, Crakehall, Bracken (I know, I did a total 180 with the last two)

On the fence: Greyjoy, Tyrell, Wythers

Scum read: Baratheon, Vyrwel, Martell, Grandison

I'd be okay with lynching anyone in the bottom row. But hang on. Still haven't read Grandison or Martell carefully enough.

But that's the irritating thing about being better at picking out innocents than FM, and playing by process of elimination. I can't give players a minus-one vote, just try to push a lynch mob elsewhere on someone I suspect slightly more. Can I permanently ban all lynch mobs on Connington, Stokeworth, and Reyne for the rest of the game? :P

1) I somehow like Vyrwel, probably because he was man enough that he is playing crappy under radar. He has to contribute more for sure.

2) Wythers is someone who I like for his discussion with Stokeworth, but then I can't remember if he did anything else. He had an easy time so far.

3) I try to be nice and to have some fun. And I have little to none clue about who is evil or not at this point of the game. No one has. So I try to ask questions and to make points that no one else has made so far.

4)I like Bracken because I enjoy his posts, but so far he hasn't done much to put him off my suspect list. I have to reread him to get a better picture, but right now I have the impression that his posts lack something. Okay, I HAVE to reread him. Something buggers me.

5) I feel better about Martell after his last posts.

6) I agree that Baratheon should be at the top tier. Lot's of innocent reads, wow. Why is Reyne on that list?

I have to reread Reyne, too. <_<

And hunting the easy game makes you look very useful. Grandison's first post I can see as an attempt to stir some discussion, but the second post gives me the impression that he just wanted to set up Stokeworth as a possible lynch. I just don't see that Grandison actually wants Stokeworth to say something useful or that he is interested in what the sheep is saying. Especially when I compare this with your own efforts to discuss with Stokeworth or Swyft's attempt to communicate with Connington.

Well, I probably should put my money where my mouth is, right?

Vote Grandison

This, I assume, is the case? I don't find it enough to suspect him, especially since there has been much more content in the meantime. If you have other points on Grandison, I missed them.

Hey, Tyrell, can we get a link to your case? Pretty please? I'm feeling lazy.

Case:

you tried to set up Stokeworth as the day 1 lynch

Your answer:

Even were I an FM, I'd want everyone saying something useful, or at least saying something. The game's not much fun otherwise.

You mean not much fun for you? :P

Well, I don't think mocking someone is the basis for more and better contribution. It certainly helps to make that player looking dumb and to force some kind of overeacting.

I can also add that you didn't post that much and that you're focused on Stokeworth and Martell mainly (but of course you're willing to vote for Connington if necessary). You didn't take too many risks. Taking risks makes the game more funny, you know?

Archived