Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

Anyway, my poking and prodding at you Connington has not been pointless and has been productive, for me at least. I have no desire to go after you today. Your complete carelessness is hard for me to reconcile with an evil. I still find your opinions extremely safe and middle of the road, but right now I'm ok with you.

That leaves Martell at the top of my list. I should look at Grandison as well. I don't think the nightkill's suspicions are a reason to start suspecting someone, but it never hurts to take a look.

It was very confusing to me and that's why I kept asking for you to answer the question. I was trying very hard to make sense of the whole mess.

So wait, all this time that you've been riding my ass for some sort of explanation, you yourself have been uncertain as to what the explanation is yourself? :rolleyes:

I believe that Tyrell's only reference to having a role was a joke. If not, then please point it out to me.

Again, I'm not sure what he was alluding to. The fact that people were all over me for not being aware of *something* led me to believe that I was missing something big. As it stands, I think we've both succeeded in making a big deal out of nothing whatsoever. *sigh*

For what it's worth the person I trust most in this game right now is Swyft. I'm also starting to come around to Crakehall --though I doubt the feeling's mutual-- even though their reaction to the Stokeworth reveal still alludes me.

So wait, all this time that you've been riding my ass for some sort of explanation, you yourself have been uncertain as to what the explanation is yourself? :rolleyes:

Again, since this is so hard to understand for you, I was trying to make sense of what you were talking about, the mess you made with your carelessness. I had theories, and how you answered the question would help me evaluate your intentions. This is how the game is played - you have to defend your actions.

I'm also starting to come around to Crakehall --though I doubt the feeling's mutual-- even though their reaction to the Stokeworth reveal still alludes me.

And in true Connington spirit, he skims yet another post.

I have no desire to go after you today. Your complete carelessness is hard for me to reconcile with an evil. I still find your opinions extremely safe and middle of the road, but right now I'm ok with you.

Nothing about Grandison jumps out to me as overly suspicious. Reyen noted that he had a change of tone from his earlier posts to the last, and it does seem Grand has mellowed a bit. His first few posts were pretty provocative. I know Wythers doesn't think he crossed the line, but they were a bit dickish. Later on he still words things strongly, but doesn't have that same edge.

I do actually like that post by Martell, so I can see that. Overall, however, I don't get a good feel. He was agreeable to Reyne, but he was also agreeable to me when I called him out on making an easy case on Connington. Perhaps it's just because it was personal, but it felt ooky.

So, you say it's suspicious to calm a person I accidentally hurt?

Reyne's burst was off-game incident, from my PoV, so I wanted to regulate that ASAP to return to playing.

Not even mentioning that I got a notice from Targ for my slip.

I don't remember being agreeable to you, could you remind? I definitely don't intend to reread myself, there are better thing to do. Only interaction between us that I remember is when you said my case on Connington is a copy of your observation and I've admitted the fact. If it is agreeableness, you were agreeable to me also, saying you understand my feeling about "stealing thoughts".

As for nightkill, it definitely benefits Connington. I need to reread Tyrell to know if it benefits anybody else.

Connington is still my top suspect and Reyne is still second, nothing that happened during my absence could affect my tiers.

OK, I've been waffling on whether or not to reveal, but I am the Vig. I wanted to throw Connington off by saying I trusted him, but really I want to murder him in his sleep. Anyone have a better idea?

I'd prefef to lynch Connington and to vig Reyne, but vice versa is ok for me also.

How does Tyrell's death benefit Connington?

Tyrell was one of few people who wanted to lynch Connington and, supposingly, most unlynchable of them.

ETA: Well, actually, you are more unlynchable, but Tyrell wasn't suspected too much also. Other two players on Connie's train were me and Stokey.

I'll have to check, but Tyrell would not be the first person I think of when I list Connington's enemies. My impression is that he only voted for him late in the day as the lesser of two evils and he preferred Grandison.

eta: I had the impression that Tyrell had a lot of low level suspicion too, sitting there waiting for someone to whip it up into a case. I'd hardly call him unlynchable.

Tyrell: likes Swyft at early stage. Votes Grandison. At late stage, likes Whyters, Vyrwel, Bracken, feels better about me, dislikes Baratheon. At the very end, votes Connington. Actually, not much of interactions.

I don't think he voted Connie only in attempt to save Stokeworth. He mentions "Connington's confession that he never looked for the symp clue" as a reason (post #345).

Only players who could see Tyrell as threat are Grandison, Connington and Baratheon, in this order. I'll try to reread Grandy and Bara before American morning.

The dragon is going to sleep. You may have a promoted (soon to wake up) Undragon to keep vote tallies, but that dragon does not yet know he/she has been promoted (let alone that their dead) so you may have to moderate yourselves for a bit do do your own math.

Grandison:

Starts with voting Vyrwel jokingly. Then, pressuring vote on me.

Then, makes infamous post which angered Stokeworth. Thinks Stokey's vote on me is probably distancing. This post is way too unfriendly, but I see nothing FMish in it.

Leaves for 12 hours, on return removes vote, suspicious on Stokeworth, but doesn't want to vote before rereading.

Votes 3 hours later . Doesn't find Swyft's U-turn on Stokey suspicious.

Doesn't suspect Connington, convinces Greyjoy to switch to Stokey.

Questions Greyjoy about possible contradiction.

Wants faster lynch.

Explains why he suspected Stokeworth from very beginning.

Defences himself against Tyrell's "case".

Summary: that's Reyne's twin brother. Same tunnel-vision, same unwillingness to look into other directions.

It's highly unlikely that him and Reyne are both guilty, but I find rather probable that one is. We need to see what both will do after eliminating their whipping boy.

I just want to say: irregardless is not a word. While kind of justifiable if used in a jokey way, it is totally unacceptable otherwise.

So true. Regardless means 'without regard'. Irregardless would just be a double negative.

Your in luck House Tyrell is dead, drowned in the privy. He was not a killer and you have your rosewater.

I think I'll pass.

Not sure what made Tyrell a target. Looking back at his recent posts, he was on the Connington mob, he had a few posts dedicated to questioning Grandison, casting some doubts apon him.

He seemed to like Crakehall and Martell and thoguht I was a hipocrate. :(

I'm pretty much with Crakehall on this, though throwing some more suspicion on Connington might be a possibility if he's innocent (which I think he is) and the FM are hoping for an easy day 2.

eta: I had the impression that Tyrell had a lot of low level suspicion too, sitting there waiting for someone to whip it up into a case. I'd hardly call him unlynchable.

He did. I was pretty suspicious of Tyrell myself, and probably would have done a re-read post on him today at least if he hadn't turned up dead.

Well, relatively unlynchable.

This is great :rofl:

Anyway, I'll try and put some work in the game now, since I can sort-of spare the time

No idea yet as to why Tyrell was killed, will have to check back his posts. Just a quick note, don't really have time now.

just got back to a computer. I am not sure if I should take this as a compliment or not, but I'm a total n00b. I haven't the faintest idea what a WIFOM is. I'm struggling to figure out what the terms scum and symp refer to (I really need to print out that intro page and keep it handy!)

but ultimately, even I can figure out the basic structure of throwing stuff out there (I was told when I signed up I had to contribute. so I'm doin' it) and try to figure out everyone else's motivation. I'm just making some effort to do that. but I'm feeling like I'm getting a slow start! I don't even know if its ok that I'm kinda talking outside the game here...hopefully this post is ok in terms of the rules.

exactly my reaction! :laugh:

again, the basic (very basic!) structure of the game is obvious, even to a n00b. people attack, people defend. Some folks were even called out for not defending enough or not making clear arguments for their attacks irregardless of their experience level (ha! couldn't help but throw that last bit in there.) there is nothing experienced about "defend", that seems to be the one obvious thing in this game... to me at least.

last couple of days I've been out of town, so its been tricky to be near a computer and spend some time really re-reading this stuff. I'm back home now, and now that night is here, I am not gonna start throwing stuff out there now. but I will spend some time trying to figure out what is what and participate a little more from here on out. Kinda funny, though that Tyrell thinks I haven't said enough, Swift thinks I've been quick to get involved and Greyjoy is talking code I don't get. Ok, I'm gonna study everyone a little more now! :read:

I would not have expected this reaction to Stokey's reveal from a noob, and I think that in spite of your low contribution you have a good grap of how the game works. So yeah, that's a compliment. As for the WIFOM thing, WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me) comes from Princess Bride (don't have time to expand, go check, you can even watch the scene on youtube if you don't know it) and describes a circular argument with no end: you say Z so I should think A but you know I would react like that so I should think B instead but you know I would think twice about it so I should think A etc...

Archived