Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Estermont, Tarth, Connington, Frey, Westerling, Fossoway, Ashford, Reed, Vance, Bolton..

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Bolton. (Fossoway, Reed)

1 vote for Estermont (Tarth)

1 vote for Tarth (Connington)

1 vote for Westerling (Bolton.)

1 vote for Fossoway (Vance)

1 vote for Ashford (Estermont)

1 vote for Reed (Westerling)

2 players have not voted: Frey, Ashford.

I'm here trying to catch up since I don#t have much time before I have to leave again.

Bottom line - your post doesn't make any sense. It looks as if it was a rushed, forced opinion. I really do have to wonder if you felt pressured to say something new when Bolton asked you how the catchup was going. Especially since I've actually seen an FM get caught in the exact same way in the past.

Ashford

An innocent wouldn't feel that way? Would an FM be that careless?

I have my doubts, especially when I managed more than once to confuse posts when I was innocent myself. What bothers me though is that we didn't get more input by Ashford after he realized that his case didn't hold the water.

Ok, I'm back. Thoughts:

I went to bed thinking about the hider role, and its best use, because I'm a dork that way. It was the first thing on my mind and the first thing I posted about in the time I had to get on the board this morning.

I came back a few hours later, saw that things were still going slowly, and thought I'd put down a vote on Fossoway to try to get some more contribution out of him before I left for work.

That sums up my feelings pretty well. I would call you reasonable, but that's the kiss of death in mafia. :P

General thoughts:

- Not really liking the cases against either Reed or Bolton. In my eyes, Reed has been taking the case on him very personally, which I don't usually see FMs do. Bolton is the opposite extreme - too nonchalant. In his case I'd expect him to be more engaged or more defensive if evil.

- Because of my thinking on Reed and Bolton, I'm a little suspicious of Tarth Estermont and Fossoway. I feel like Reed and Bolton are too easy targets and I'm wary of mobs forming on them.

- I'm having trouble getting a read on Ashford. Ashford, care to share your thoughts on someone besides Estermont?

- I'd love if Connington and Frey would post more.

I'm not sure about who to vote for right now, so I'll leave my vote for the moment. I'll be around a lot tonight, looking forward to hearing what all of you think.

[edit]Said Tarth when I meant Estermont, fixed it.

Some comments and questions:

1) FM do take cases personally, especially when the case is BS.

2) You're right about the nonchalant FM thing. The problem is that we can only judge one's reaction when there is actually some pressure on them.

3) If Bolton was more engaged or defensive, wouldn't you clear him for taking the case personally? :P

4) Why do you think that Reed and Bolton are easy targets? And why don't you at least vote for one of their attackers if you feel that way? If you think Reed and Bolton can't handle the pressure themeselves, why don't you try to back them up? Comments don't help here at all, but action does!

5) You're right about Ashford, Frey and Connington.

Am I dead? I think I came close to dying last night in RL - If you want to know more wait till the spoilers.

You were granted an extension until the end of day one.

I've just been informed that Frey has no computer access due to RL circumstances. I will extend his modkill/replacement timer until the end of Day One (11 AM EST). If he does not post before then, I will start looking for a replacement.

A good thing too, because while death is usually considered a good excuse for low participation, near-to-death experiences are generally frowned upon by the mods :P

I'm not sure how we're supposed to handle this post. I tried to ignore it, but now it's actually relevant, because the player is another person who mentioned Frey while ignoring Connington. I am pretty certain I know who the game alt is, given the content and context of the post (which is still there and has not been edited). So I want to make a point about that player...but would that violate the alt rules? Mods?

You're already making that point by asking that question <_<...but unfortunately, it would. Sorry.

I'll ask that player to edit that post blank, and repost it from his alt if he wishes.

I'm glad that you're ok, Frey. :grouphug:

Remove vote.

I am now convinced that Estermont is thinking a lot and is not shy to tell us. Considering this my case does not even convince my humble self no more.

So who to vote for? I'll give Frey some time to catch up, that leaves Ashford and Connington for the moment. Ashford for lack of both contribution and vote, Connington for apparently enjoying the silence.

Vote Connington

Edit:clarification

I'm trying to catch up on the thread Starting at the begining (and keeping an eye out here) but if we don't have that long left if there are any cases it would be helpful to me if someone could point out where they are so I can read them first.

It's good to know you are all right, Frey.

I suppose we have about 4-5 hours left, and I'll spend most of it with my friends.

I still prefer lynching Reed or Vance, but will switch to almost anybody if needful...

Damn, if I'm not wrong we only have 3 hours left - and I'll be away in 50 minutes. :stunned:

ETA:

couldn't the mods give us an extension? It's quite ridiculous to end the day just when America gets out of its bed. Maybe eight more hours? :ohwell:

How the hell are these the only posts by Connington?

That might be the least amount of participation I've ever seen on day 1, other than players who just don't show up at all (like Frey).

Hmm. I must admit I'd forgotten about Connington. And conveniently, both he and Frey are here now. So I'd quite like to hear something from both of them other than one liners. Either generate some content, or comment constructively one what there is, if you please.

Hmm. I must admit I'd forgotten about Connington. And conveniently, both he and Frey are here now. So I'd quite like to hear something from both of them other than one liners. Either generate some content, or comment constructively one what there is, if you please.

What on earth do you think i'm doing? :P

Archived