Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

Could you please flesh out a little more why you changed your mind?

Change my mind on Ashford or Vance exactly?

I still don't like Ashford. My whole point against him was he only made one point (and kind of retracted once it was false cos he was confused) he made no other points that I could see. had no suspects, liked no-body. He has made some effort just recently (this may be because he was under pressure and forced to) Ok he still has no suspects, but he does seam to be commenting on people now (he still has more to do)

Vance, well my gut liked him, I was gonna leave it at that, but I saw yours and fossaways? case's on him. and I could understand the cases, see your points. it was enough to override my gut . However I still prefered Ashford.

Time was running out. (appernetly a little slower than I thought.)

then Reed came and Voted. I beleived there was about 20 mins left maybe less. So I ensured we lynched someone I still suspected (despite my Gut)and didn't go to night cos we had thought there was more time.

Could you please flesh out a little more why you changed your mind?

...You seriously need to ask this? Considering we weren't sure how much time we had left to fiddle around with compromising, I say better hammer sooner than later. I was a swing vote, and I get you wanting to hear my thoughts, but Frey wasn't and he did what any player ought to do regardless of alignment.

In general, I don't like posts that serve only to ask for other people's opinions. It's such pseudo-contribution that seems aggressive without actually being so.

Back guys, what did I miss? :P

Sorry, no way my timing on this one wouldn't look suspicious so I might as well own it. I was asleep 20 minutes ago.

Anyway, it doesn't help anything by saying 'I'm pissed' or 'I would have voted Ashford over Vance'. Both are true statements, but will inevitably end up looking like I'm trying to distance myself from the group's wrong decision, so I won't :P

As for others. Something bugs me about Bolton, his earlier posts more than his latter ones. It may just be his playstyle (but I'm a gut driven player)

Seriously? No explanation for why you find my earlier posts suspicious. Is this statement even meant to be helpful or are you just trying to contribute to the overall sense of malaise directed my way in order to get me lynched?

Vance I liked when I read him, but I can understand the case against him, so I'm unsure.

I was actually going to snip out that part pertaining to me only, but reading through your entire post again I'm really getting a strong whiff of something that smells almost like...

Is that scum?

Seriously, can you be more wishy-washy that this?

Usually you want to defend the people you like to deter others from voting that way, not give people a reason to continue to vote.

Estermont, Fossaway and Reed I have good feeling for right now.

Again, you don't even explain this. Why do you have 'good feelings' for these players? Give us impressions not feelings.

ETA: Sorry about the three posts in a row thing.

It's kind of weird that Bolton would mention Frey, but not Connington's lack of participation.

It's not weird at all that I wouldn't mention Connington. I'd recalled Connington's two posts --mainly because of how lacking in content they were-- when I couldn't recall seeing Frey post yet.

Besides, both myself and *cough* the "other player" can't be covering for Connington. That would make 3 FM.

I have to go now. I leave my vote on Ashford for a completly egoistic reason: in a small game like this I prefer to keep those who keep talking to increase my fun of the game.

That's basically how I felt about Vance. I felt like I was at least getting a read off him whereas Ashford not so much. I regret not being back in time to vote.

Looking at Bolton, there is very little to go on, but the content he does have seems reasonable. Only his last post though gives any thoughts on other players that are not responses to direct questions. The one worry I have is his keeping is vote on Westerling. I was not completely sure he was serious with that vote and would hope he would either push a case or remove if he wasn't going to be here for the end of the day.

It was serious with the vote but that's not why I kept it on Westerling. It was a gross oversight on my part. I didn't realize the end of the day was going to be occurring when it did.

Back guys, what did I miss? :P

Sorry, no way my timing on this one wouldn't look suspicious so I might as well own it. I was asleep 20 minutes ago.

Anyway, it doesn't help anything by saying 'I'm pissed' or 'I would have voted Ashford over Vance'. Both are true statements, but will inevitably end up looking like I'm trying to distance myself from the group's wrong decision, so I won't :P

Don't like this post. It's just so nervous. Some people miss day's end--shit happens. I think it's FMish to assume doing so would be suspicious enough to preemptively make excuses like this. I believe you were asleep or busy brushing your teeth or whatever--the lack of a Day 1 countdown sucked--but why not say as much as leave it at that? It's a Day 1 lynch, and whoop-de-doo, we nabbed an innocent. That's how it goes down most of the time, nothing really even worth commenting on. With the hesitant quasi-stated statements and apologetic excuses, this CF reaction (and lynch reaction) rings scummy to me.

Also, you did make the statements 'I'm pissed' and 'I would have voted Ashford over Vance.' Albeit in an overly on-the-fence, wishy-washy manner, but you totally did js. Why pretend otherwise?

And the double :P use is my equivalent of the exclamation mark, apparently. It sits unwell with me.

Don't like this post. It's just so nervous. Some people miss day's end--shit happens. I think it's FMish to assume doing so would be suspicious enough to preemptively make excuses like this. I believe you were asleep or busy brushing your teeth or whatever--the lack of a Day 1 countdown sucked--but why not say as much as leave it at that? It's a Day 1 lynch, and whoop-de-doo, we nabbed an innocent. That's how it goes down most of the time, nothing really even worth commenting on. With the hesitant quasi-stated statements and apologetic excuses, this CF reaction (and lynch reaction) rings scummy to me.

Also, you did make the statements 'I'm pissed' and 'I would have voted Ashford over Vance.' Albeit in an overly on-the-fence, wishy-washy manner, but you totally did js. Why pretend otherwise?

And the double :P use is my equivalent of the exclamation mark, apparently. It sits unwell with me.

Oh, give me a break. I was damned if I did, damned if I didn't say anything. You really think only bad guys are aware/concerned that their 'late to the party' posts will eventually be used against them?

And I know I made those statements... that was sort of the point :P

Oh, and as for the ':P' sorry but they'll be occurring with some frequency with me. I can never play this game without being a little facetious.

Oh, give me a break. I was damned if I did, damned if I didn't say anything. You really think only bad guys are aware/concerned that their 'late to the party' posts will eventually be used against them?

And I know I made those statements... that was sort of the point :P

Oh, and as for the ':P' sorry but they'll be occurring with some frequency with me. I can never play this game without being a little facetious.

:P :P :P :P :P

...Nope, they still annoy me. Though it's kinda satisfying to type, I admit. :P

More seriously, I think your post was oversensitive to the fact that it might be used against you. So yeah, damned if you do/don't. Maybe I'm alone in this, but if someone says that they were busy/asleep/etc when something massive happens, I believe them. I don't think you needed to WIFOM it for us, not unless one expects people to eventually suspect them down the line. No one had voiced any suspicions on your absence, and I honestly thought nothing of it at all. You unnecessarily preempt and defend yourself from our suspicions, that's what I find scummy. I'm sure someone else would've been upset at you for being MIA though. :P

:P This shit is growing on me.

Nice scene btw. :thumbsup:

Just to answer dead Vance why I voted Ashford over him: posting little without any contribution is always a sign of guilt. There was some evidence against Vance but not enough to vote him over a low flyer.

I'm glad that Ashford and Connington stepped up a little, although I don't like that Connington, after coming very late to the party, critizises those who at least tried to stir the pot rather harshly. But then that's generally the advantage when you arrive late to the game - you already have something to work with.

I somehow get the feeling that Frey hammered Vance a bit too swiftly. During my reread I got the impression that there was still some time left for discussion.

Nice scene btw. :thumbsup:

Just to answer dead Vance why I voted Ashford over him: posting little without any contribution is always a sign of guilt. There was some evidence against Vance but not enough to vote him over a low flyer.

I'm glad that Ashford and Connington stepped up a little, although I don't like that Connington, after coming very late to the party, critizises those who at least tried to stir the pot rather harshly. But then that's generally the advantage when you arrive late to the game - you already have something to work with.

I somehow get the feeling that Frey hammered Vance a bit too swiftly. During my reread I got the impression that there was still some time left for discussion.

You don't think that reaction was just a little over the top? I mean how many day one successes have we had? less than 10%?

I for one did not have a problem not being lynched (being innocent) :P I wish we had other options though.

You don't think that reaction was just a little over the top? I mean how many day one successes have we had? less than 10%?

I for one did not have a problem not being lynched (being innocent) :P I wish we had other options though.

Well, me I had a problem with you (being innocent) being lynched. <_<

:fencing:

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Night is boring.

Hah! Well boys and girls, get ready for the FUUUUUUUN!

Except for Westerling, that is :frown5: . He's dead as some dodos.

A stylish and esoteric looking dagger is sticking from his back, pinning a piece of paper to his corpse.

You retrieve what seems to be a note, and one of you reads it out loud.

"This man refused to acknowledge the genius of our good/evil/symp/cultist fab four friends setting. For this, he had to die. Signed: The communist/feminist/hippie doom alliance".

You give Westerling a hero's funeral, of course.

To complicate matters further the newly elected Mayor, Mr. Milky, who likes white chocolate and short-haired cats, has issued the following decree:

"Since our adversaries are communists, we have decided to implement a rigid emergency capitalist economy here in Vanilla-ville. From this day onwards you will all be earning gold, which we expect you to spend in a manner appropriate to a consumer society. How will you earn this gold, you ask? It's all up to Mina-mod, the eminently vanilla. What fun ideas does she have in store for us? We'll have to wait and see!"

Something seems pretty off about this decree, though. It's written on a pretty flamboyant stationary which doesn't seem like Mr. Milky's style, and also refers to Mina-mod as eminently vanilla. It's signed "the Mayor", though, and being the trusty Vanilla-villains that you are, you shrug and accept the legal issues of people with apparent authority.

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Ashford, Bolton, Connington, Estermont, Fossoway, Frey, Reed, Tarth.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

8 players have not voted: Ashford, Bolton, Connington, Estermont, Fossoway, Frey, Reed, Tarth.

Well, me I had a problem with you (being innocent) being lynched. <_<

argh. Did it again, did I? It's new drugs. :P I am mostly ok when I don't try to post off the top of my head.

So why is night taking so long?

Westerling seems like a weird choice. Did I miss something?

Archived