Mafia 75 -- Revolution in Vanillaville

House Targaryen

I'm sorry to ruin everyone's fun, but the name House would count, because otherwise, this is completely broken in such a small game. Maybe if I didn't let you pool your gold, I might have actually given you a letter from the name itself. But in this case, it's ridiculous.

*crumpled up into a ball and starts sobbing*

All I wanted to do was make fun of the Money Game and the Survivor game. Where did I go wrong? :bawl:

I'm sorry to ruin everyone's fun, but the name House would count, because otherwise, this is completely broken in such a small game. Maybe if I didn't let you pool your gold, I might have actually given you a letter from the name itself. But in this case, it's ridiculous.

All I wanted to do was make fun of the Money Game and the Survivor game. Where did I go wrong? :bawl:

humph.

YOU SUCK

EVIL MOD

On the plus side, I am quite proud of my mentat haiku.

I feel bad, because I was enjoying the haikus and the team effort.

But...I mean, come on, guys. Do you really think this is fair? I can't in good consciousness do something like that in a CF game, particularly since the standards by which I give points are so silly and arbitrary.

But on the bright side, one of you can change your alt name and avatar.

And okay. I am not going to bother counting anyone's gold myself unless you PM me specifically asking to either give a player X amount of gold or to buy a prize that costs X gold. Then I will check your posts and see If you've earned that much.

Ashford: you didn't draw that yourself, did you? I wish I really did look like that. :(

But...I mean, come on, guys. Do you really think this is fair? I can't in good consciousness do something like that in a CF game, particularly since the standards by which I give points are so silly and arbitrary.

We don't care about fair. We exploit loopholes and silly rules. You've played here long enough to know that. :P

Since a spirit of creativity had overcome Vanillaville since the revolution, I'm going to revert to Reddy's

colourful vote count.

It is day 2.

8 players remain: "Blue" Estermont, "Brown" Tarth, "Green" Connington, "Indigo" Frey, "Orange" Fossoway, "Red" Ashford, "Violet" Reed, "Yellow" Bolton..

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for "Green" Connington ( "Red" Ashford)

1 vote for "Indigo" Frey ( "Yellow" Bolton.)

1 vote for "Yellow" Bolton. ( "Brown" Tarth)

5 players have not voted: "Blue" Estermont, "Green" Connington, "Indigo" Frey, "Orange" Fossoway, "Violet" Reed.

Since a spirit of creativity had overcome Vanillaville since the revolution, I'm going to revert to Reddy's

colourful vote count.

It is day 2.

8 players remain: "Blue" Estermont, "Brown" Tarth, "Green" Connington, "Indigo" Frey, "Orange" Fossoway, "Red" Ashford, "Violet" Reed, "Yellow" Bolton..

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for "Green" Connington ( "Red" Ashford)

1 vote for "Indigo" Frey ( "Yellow" Bolton.)

1 vote for "Yellow" Bolton. ( "Brown" Tarth)

5 players have not voted: "Blue" Estermont, "Green" Connington, "Indigo" Frey, "Orange" Fossoway, "Violet" Reed.

Not to ask for too many things, but can we get an updated timer too? Please?

Great, so nothing happned in my absence except of stupid haikus? What is the sense of a haiku at all? Note that if you made a case in this complete useless lyric shit I didn't read it.

Ashford's and Estermont's case is interesting. I already noticed that Connington came late to the party and had a rather easy time to blame everyone. It doesn't make him automatically evil, I'm afraid.

Damn, the lyric destroyed whatever I read before.

* reads again *

edit: inserted Estermont's name

Thats a lot of crazy disturbing poems. I'm kind of glad Targ has said the letter they give us would probably be from House. this means I don't have to try and write some.

I notice there has been some concerns about be. Sorry I'm a gut based player, especially when RL is unexplectedly distracting me (which your just gonna have to trust me on). I don't expect you to give me a free ride because of it, but no amount of whinging is gonna chance that.

I'll try and answer the specific points now.

Make the haikus stop! :crying:

I'm going to be an intermittant presence during my work hours, but should have time to have a look around when I get home this evening.

Re: Connington. At the time, I was satisfied that Connington was starting to contribute in a constructive manner. However, as Ashford points out, his analysis of Ashford's play up to that point does seem to be unnecessarily trumped up. Claiming the word 'bothersome' implies a watered down opinion doesn't really make any sense to me, for example. I'll have a harder look later.

No, it's not. FM often have difficulty fitting into the game. It's not easy to pull off the non-chalant RP vibe when you're evil. I've actually said before that when I'm evil, the hardest post is the first one.

The point was that Fossoway voted for Targ and it could have been an easy excuse to post and look like he was a part of the game. There wasn't anything wrong with Vance bringing that up - yet it was part of the reason why you lynched him.

Well any of the RP posts could have been an easy excuse to post. I really didn't see why this particular joke was different to the others?

But then I find the RP/joke phase the easiest bit when i'm evil.

What do you think of Frey?

There's certainly a lot of wishy washyness there, but there are also clear conclusions - "I like Estermoint. I also like Fossaway". The Ashford vote is an odd one, it doesn't really flow from the post.

The most notable thing is that the conclusions are all in favour of some players, there's no real attack against anyone. The 2nd Frey post you quoted follows the same pattern.

So no, I don't like Frey. Frey's defence isn't great either - Gut players can still usually attack people.

Like I said, you could have been worried that people would see you as jumping on the Vance bandwagon.

Well, I could have, innocent or guilty. It's up to you to say why pointing out a crosspost is a particularly evil thing to do. It happens all the time.

Connie doesn't like my use of wordage for "catching my attention in a negative way" and he doesn't like me in general.

Well the main point of the bothersome word is that I didn't know what it means, in mafia terms. In general, i'd use bothersome for annoying or getting in my way, rather than suspicious. But if bothersome does mean suspicious, as you say, then it's not so bad, but the rest of that post was worse.

He harps a lot on something I admit was an error and thinks everyone should have a top suspect, even if there is little to go on.

Everyone has to have a top suspect. How else do you vote?

He's an opinionated bugger. He does make a little effort to give a bit of credit where it is due in acknowledging that Estermont was being overly defensive as I said. But does he follow up on his own comments? (I need to do a second post, so I will try and answer that question)

What do you mean by following up with my own comments? Do you mean, did I mention it again? No, I didn't. Not sure how many times you think I should mention something? Estermont did overreact, sure, but it wasn't IMO the most suspicious thing around.

No, he doesn't follow up with his saying Estermont is defensive, but he does strongly disagree with him. Now where near the same thing at all. I find the fact that he calls everyone else out for doing this and yet he does it himself rather bothersome. I think with a bit more to go on, I'd be willing to vote a hypocrite. (it's not enough with what I have, but I know my limitations)

Don't get it, sorry. What exactly have I done that i've attacked other people for? :unsure:

Voting for Frey for pretty much the post Tarth just quoted. I don't get the impression of an innocent 'on the go' with that one.

I'd like to hear some substantial thoughts from Frey on why he doesn't suspect Estermont, Fossoway or Reed.

As I said I'm a gut based player, I know it pisses other people off but I can't chance my personality. On my quick read though the thread it felt like Estermont, Fossaway and Reed where putting work into the game. They made the right noises. Reed even had slight pressure (not sure pressure is the right word) but he argued his side well. It made me feel good.

Next vote of the day comes from Frey.

Now that is a wishy washy post. Defends Ashford, but is worried about the lack of contribution, so eventually votes him. Says he has a good feeling about Vance, but then says he needs to think about it due to Conn's case. Doesn't make much of a commitment on either player.

Frey - I think Connington's case against Vance was horrible. What did you like about it, and why did it make you re-evaluate Vance?

<snip>

I think you find I said something like "making a mistake is a non tell, so I don't agree with the case, but not doing anything else since while still showing your arround is suspisous" I think that makes it clear I was voting for Ashford for different reasons than the case allready made by Estermont? (I think it was)

Most day one cases are not very good. I think the case against Vance had more merit that you thought obviously. My feelings on Vance where gut based up until I read that case (and the one just before it) So I looked at the case and considered it. I found nothing strange about voting Targ in the early RP stages of the game considering the setting and what was said in the thread at the time. I did find it odd that Vance found it so odd - esspecailly when he used it as evidance of fake contribution. Maybe if Vance had said "the joke was a little off, or Fossaway was scared to joke vote anyone else" then I would have dissmissed Conny's case on Vance.

My Gut can be wrong - I know this, espsically Gut based on Day 1. As new information arrives I can react and change my mind.

Now I have to go for a bit.

Archived