The True Crime of Twilight

Sivin

You know, I've read all of SoT and all of King except his newest collection, and I can;t really argue with that. Ah I still remember the time when me and my friends all thought Sword of Truth was SUPPOSED to be hilarious. Ignorance is bliss.

Oh crap I said the forbidden word in my last post. I have to go punish myself.

How do these new members learn the rules so quickly? Amazing.

Yes, we're not trying to come across as condescending, elitist literary assholes, but this literature board isn't just a group of casual average readers. People here know their shit, and are pretty intelligent people, which is why it's a fantastic board.

Which is forbidden? Ringo?

At least the man knowingly embraces his shittiness, and doesn't think he's a literary god like the Yeard :P

No, the Twi word.

Yeah, Ringo does sign those JOHN RINGO OH NO shirts.

Cantabile mate, I've just noticed. How the hell do you have half my post count already? You sly dog.

1) jobless

2) wife that's ignoring me

3) sitting in a la-z boy and discussing cannibalism and the evils of Santa was my long lost life passion.

Well, i'd add any thing published by Baen (with the exception of Bjould), and any D and D or movie tie in (although there have been some big name authors diving into that pool lately... this might change). Star Trek novels are usually crap as well.

Actually, and how the fuck did i forget this, I'd put the mighty Stanek on this dubious list. Anyone that can shit in your soul deserves to be up there.

It is amazing to see what this board came to in the time that it took me to go to the library and pick up the Wild Cards series.

And to throw gasoline onto the fire, who read Christopher Paloini's Eragon, and or the entire series...?

Actually, and how the fuck did i forget this, I'd put the mighty Stanek on this dubious list. Anyone that can shit in your soul deserves to be up there.

oh shit! I forgot about Stanek! I don't think he counts. Hell, I'm not sure he's real.

Fair enough then Grandad.

Stanek isn't even an author. Doesn't deserve to be credited as one.

Stanek blurs the line between author, comedian, and crazy middle-aged man living in his basement channeling thousands of alternate personalities.

Surely that deserves some recognition.

A blowjob and dinner at the same time...

Multi-tasking is always a good thing, I guess.

Oh lord, there's a famous German murder case involving just that. Rammstein even has a song about it. Truth is stranger then fiction.

Archived