Direwolf Scene - On Demand

smegma

if they want to portray Theon and Robb as best friends, I don't think they should start out like that.

I don't remember getting the impression from the books that Theon and Robb were best friends. I thought of Jon and Robb as best friends. I remember Theon thinking that Robb was the only one of the Starks who'd shown friendship toward him. My impression of Robb's feelings toward Theon were something like Jon saying, "Theon is an ass," and Robb replying, "He's not that bad."

There is not much music in the clip, but do we think it's original?

in the direwolf scene? I really don't know... i guess we'll find out in 7 days ;D

I don't remember getting the impression from the books that Theon and Robb were best friends. I thought of Jon and Robb as best friends. I remember Theon thinking that Robb was the only one of the Starks who'd shown friendship toward him. My impression of Robb's feelings toward Theon were something like Jon saying, "Theon is an ass," and Robb replying, "He's not that bad."

:agree:

I don't have the time to look through my books right now, but I remember Theon thinking of Robb as "a little brother" of sorts. And Bran reflecting on how Theon and Robb would spend a lot of time together outside of Winterfell. Maybe they aren't best friends, but I certainly got the impression they were very close. As Theon really cared for no one else in Winterfell besides Robb.

I don't have the time to look through my books right now, but I remember Theon thinking of Robb as "a little brother" of sorts. And Bran reflecting on how Theon and Robb would spend a lot of time together outside of Winterfell. Maybe they aren't best friends, but I certainly got the impression they were very close. As Theon really cared for no one else in Winterfell besides Robb.

i remember theon think that robb was the only one who showed him some affect, but i don't have the impression they were "best friends"

IMHO, robb and jon were closer than robb and theon

Although I am a bit confused about the nature of the relationship between Theon and Robb. In the books they are best friends, but here they don't seem it. Robb tells Theon to put away his sword, in a rather harsh tone too, to which Theon replies "I take orders from your father, not you."

Well the Robb part is straight from the book. Robb orders (sounding like Ned to Bran) Theon to put away the sword (calling him Greyjoy), we don't get a response from Theon since Harwin says something but I'm pretty sure it would have been something along the lines of what the show gives us.

At the start of GoT Theon probably does consider Robb a friend, even his best friend but he doesn't expect his best friend to be giving him orders.

Archived