ASOIAF MMORPG

Im sorry i havent had the time to fully search the forum for related posts, and if there is one, just lead me in that direction. all i want to know is: does anyone know ANYTHING about anyone possibly turning ASOIAF into a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game. ive only read the first book so far, but i can ALREADY see the endless possibilities that would come from a well produced game. the lore is rich, and the story is adaptable to an MMORPG. if you have any ideas about it, or have heard anything, let me know =]

There already is a TCG and a board game(s) based on asoiaf, if you fancy any of these I urge you to try them. I found myself liking the board game a lot, especially when you play with fellow asoiaf fans.

I don't think we can expect an MMO in the foreseeable future. MMOs are huge projects and the market is currently swarmed with new titles, many of which poorly executed. Besides the series are far from finished and I think any developer would need a somewhat finished story before an MMO can be developed (and hopefully build on that story).

...i can ALREADY see the endless possibilities that would come from a well produced game. the lore is rich, and the story is adaptable to an MMORPG. if you have any ideas about it, or have heard anything, let me know =]

On one hand, SoIaF has an excellent framework for an MMORPG, but OTOH, the state of MMORPGs nowadays (search for MMORPG in archives) might be a hard sell for people who love this story to see it subjected to those who populate that community now.

Take a read through this, this, and this.

ETA: Fixed my links to work properly

Archived