The Doors of Stone

Board_Drifter

• 4 weeks later...

The new anthology by GRRM and Dozois, "Rogues," will have a story by Rothfuss in it called "The Lightning Tree." Does anyone know anything about this story? Is it part of the Kingkiller Universe/set in the Four Corners?

• 1 month later...

Thing is though, what are they basing that comment on.

Not that I think 2014 is impossible or even unlikely, but the Deadline report seems to be based more on a rumour on the internet than actual first hand knowledge on their part. There's no reference to anything.

A series? Hmm I thought it would work better as a trilogy of long movies where they may have to cut some stuff out. I mean a series would allow them to really go through the day to day we see at University. I wonder which network would pick it up. I hope it's Showtime or a premium, maybe AMC.

• 2 weeks later...

I think AMC could od a good job of it. I am more concerned about who writes it- they need someone who will stay true to the books. These are rather like Martin's books, but with much less going on. Each event is important, even the minor ones, because the story is framed by a man telling his lifes story. If he thinks a detail is important, it is important. I hope that they work closely with Rothfuss to make it good.

I think AMC could od a good job of it. I am more concerned about who writes it- they need someone who will stay true to the books. These are rather like Martin's books, but with much less going on. Each event is important, even the minor ones, because the story is framed by a man telling his lifes story. If he thinks a detail is important, it is important. I hope that they work closely with Rothfuss to make it good.

I agree, I hope it gets done soon (if at all) while GOT is keeping fantasy popular. I wonder how they cast Kvothe. Would it be a child, a teen and an adult or would teh teen/adult Kvothe be the same and make him a bit older looking while telling the story and younger while acting it out. Modern day Kvothe seems to be 25- 30, university Kvothe is 15-18.

• 1 month later...

Hello there.

This is my first post so I hope you will like it. Here are some of my ideas.

1.) In NotW, when Kvothe was describing Denna, Bast said something about her nose, so it means he had met her somewhere. So will Kvothe meet Bast in Doors of Stone and then will they meet with Denna somewhere? And where will he meet him? Or will he meet only Denna? Wiil she go into Fae world? Or will Kvothe go again into Fae world and manage to somehow get away?

2.) A lot of people were talking about locking someone behind the door of stone. Can´t they mean exiling someone to the Fae world so they can´t return to normal world? In this case the "the door of stone" would mean greystones.

3.) Also we don´t know a lot about Elodin but he seems rather strange like he was or is from fae. So can it be he was exiled from fae for something?

Well, that is all I could come up with. I know that they can be a little bit crazy ideas so I would appreciate your opinion about them. :)

Archived