Feasible situations you couldn't stands

The Isle of Faces

We're only halfway through - there's a lot of ground left to cover before anyone gets near the Iron Throne. There are tons of possible outcomes. Maybe Dany will die in the conquest. Maybe she'll win but decide to live in sin with Jon on the Wall, leaving Sansa as Hand. Maybe Dany reigns for 40 years and this whole story is just the prequel to a bigger, bloodier series about the succession crisis when she dies childless.

I'll be a lot more confident about predicting how things finish up after Dance, but there's always room for a huge twist.

I would prefer if the Seven Kingdoms became Seven Kingdoms. And we all know what is expected, doesn't happen. Examples:

1) GRRM made the story out that the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, but actually Littlefinger did. (Don't say it was LF's cunning, because LF is just a character who GRRM made.)

2) GRRM made out that Ned had the gold cloaks when actually he didn't. (Admittedly not as good an example as #1)

3) GRRM made it seem like Catelyn was dead, but she got the Kiss of Life.

4) GRRM made it seem like Jorah was going to stay with Dany for good, but he got exiled.

Just saying that GRRM usually does things the opposite of what is expected.

I agree but those are relatively minor plot turns compared to the overall stories of Dany, Jon and Bran. They are the 3 main characters in the series and GRRM has destined them to be there till the end - that's why some people are complaining that Dany and Jon have things going too easily for them. It's a sign of GRRM forcing the story to suit the end he has in mind Dany and Jon.

I would prefer if the Seven Kingdoms became Seven Kingdoms. And we all know what is expected, doesn't happen. Examples:

1) GRRM made the story out that the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, but actually Littlefinger did. (Don't say it was LF's cunning, because LF is just a character who GRRM made.)

2) GRRM made out that Ned had the gold cloaks when actually he didn't. (Admittedly not as good an example as #1)

3) GRRM made it seem like Catelyn was dead, but she got the Kiss of Life.

4) GRRM made it seem like Jorah was going to stay with Dany for good, but he got exiled.

Just saying that GRRM usually does things the opposite of what is expected.

Ah, but if GRRM always did the unexpected then we would expect it of him! Therefore, he occasionally needs to do the expected thing, so that the unexpected remains unexpected.

Which is my way of saying: I think Dany and/or Jon will be on a throne by the end.

We're only halfway through - there's a lot of ground left to cover before anyone gets near the Iron Throne. There are tons of possible outcomes. Maybe Dany will die in the conquest. Maybe she'll win but decide to live in sin with Jon on the Wall, leaving Sansa as Hand. Maybe Dany reigns for 40 years and this whole story is just the prequel to a bigger, bloodier series about the succession crisis when she dies childless.

I'll be a lot more confident about predicting how things finish up after Dance, but there's always room for a huge twist.

That's a good way to look at it.

I remember when I would look at forums for certain mangas, and the fans would go through so much speculation. Everyone became so sure something would happen, theories got so popular they became fact. But every week another chapter would come out, little things would change, and our theories became irrelevant. By the time the moments came when, for comparison sake Dany would take the throne, the whole game had changed and that didn't matter.

I think GRRM has quite a few big twists waiting that no one could predict, not because they're so inhumanly brilliant but because they'll be based off small facts and twists we haven't seen yet.

Anyway, onto the topic: I'm worried for Sansa and Margaery, so much could happen to them that would make me sadface. I also don't want Bronn to die because I think his whole arc has come to a solid conclusion, and the more spotlight he gets the more vulnerable he gets. There are a lot of ways they could all face tragedy. But hey, as long as it's well-written...

Well, I've been pissed a couple times already (Ned's death, Lady's death, etc), so I imagine I'll be pissed a couple more times before the end.

Stuff that would tick me off:

1) Victory for Euron Greyjoy

2) Cersei's incest with Jamie NOT being proclaimed to the realm.

3) Lannisters/Tyrells sitting anywhere near the IT.

4) The following NOT dying a horrible and painful death: Walder Frey, Littlefinger, Roose Bolton, Cersei, Euron Greyjoy, Ser Allister, Qyburn, Darkstar, all False Knights in the Kingsuard,

5) Arya NOT getting to kill someone big on her list

6) Sansa having to suffer an adult encounter from Littlefinger

7) unCat dying before she finds out some of her children are alive, before she get revenge on Frey/Bolton/Lannister, and before she finds out that Jon is not Ned's!

8) Bran not doing something very cool

9) Victory for the Others

10) Not using Sam at the Citadel/or Dany's education to give us more info on the past (Dunk and Egg, Summerhall, Others, doom of Valyria, etc)

11) No revenge for Dorne

12) The Others being mindless evil/zombies bent only on destroying all life. Maybe they are intelligent beings who are actually trying to accomplish something. Maybe someone should try to find out what it is? Maybe they are out to avenge some ancient wrong that must be (w)righted? Think something like, The Fog.

13) No more info on Sybell Westerling (Spicer). Is she Maggy's daughter? If so, why help Lannisters? I'm hoping for duplicity, if not, a horrible death.

14) Dany's Queensguard ending up sucking like they all do now.

15) Dany NOT prevailing (at least temporarily), and no Dragons or dragons (or eggs) not surviving. She must get that Horn away from Euron.

13) No more info on Sybell Westerling (Spicer). Is she Maggy's daughter? If so, why help Lannisters? I'm hoping for duplicity, if not, a horrible death.

Maggy's her grandmother. It's mentioned in Feast.

The only ending I would absolutely loathe is Dany winning (and keeping) the rule of Westeros. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling it's inevitable. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm willing to accept literally any other possible ending, but if that one comes about I will regret having read the series and probably just pretend the last book doesn't exist. I find Dany to be an utterly revolting character in every way.

For just one woman to say: "Piss off Dad. I'm not marrying that guy."

Maybe Little Margie Tyrell can have the line: "Great Dad, What's Next? First I have to marry my brother's gay lover. Then I got to marry Psycho-teen. Then I married an 8 year old boy. Wait, I got it. How do we stop the Others? Just marry me off to one of them. That'll fix all of our problems."

Very many things would make me angry enough to throw the book across the room. Some already have (Ned's beheading, Red Wedding, Lady's Death) But if the following things happen I might burn the book:

1. Dany dying before she ever gets to Westeros

2. Dany ending up on the Iron Throne

3. Dany somehow getting with Jon (still don't know where this theory comes from)

4. Robb Stark's bones never being returned to the Winterfell Crypt

5. Bran not being the one to rebuild Winterfell/ the wall when it inevitably falls

6. Arya never reuniting with Jon

7. Jon and Sam never being reunited

8. Never having a Stark reunion between anyone (Sansa, Bran, Rickon, UnCat, Jon, Arya)

9. Walder Frey and Roose Bolton not dying horrible deaths

10. Littlefinger getting a redemption story ala Jadimie

11. If anyone else decides to come back to life I will murder someone (though I do think if Robbwind was brought back I would make an exception)

But in the end its GRRM and he's fantastic. Even if anything this list happens, he will do it in a way that is tasteful and plot moving. GRRM doesn't do anything without a reason.

The only ending I would absolutely loathe is Dany winning (and keeping) the rule of Westeros. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling it's inevitable. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm willing to accept literally any other possible ending, but if that one comes about I will regret having read the series and probably just pretend the last book doesn't exist. I find Dany to be an utterly revolting character in every way.

Yes...God I hope Dany doesnt win. Just let her die GRRM...just let her go.

(1) I will be disappointed if Jaime and Brienne don't have the opportunity to develop a profound and meaningful relationship. Theirs is the only potential pairing that holds any interest for me. (2) I find it inexplicable that so many seem to want Arya's death. I would prefer to see her ultimately sitting the Iron Throne. She has seen and experienced so much already that she could be an excellent ruler, and she's still learning! At this point, it makes no sense to try and untangle who has a "right" to the throne. Westeros needs a merit-based reset, and I vote for Arya. (3) I don't want to see Walder Frey die. That is far too merciful. He deserves a fate of unending torment rather than mere extinction. (4) I will be very annoyed if Tyrion doesn't survive to the end of the series. Arya's Hand, perhaps? (5) Please, please just get rid of Jon Snow ASAP. He is the most boring character in the history of literature. My worst possible scenario is to continue reading Jon Snow POVs right up to the end.

Ah, but if GRRM always did the unexpected then we would expect it of him! Therefore, he occasionally needs to do the expected thing, so that the unexpected remains unexpected.

Which is my way of saying: I think Dany and/or Jon will be on a throne by the end.

Inconceivable!

I expect to be thoroughly surprised at something, but just what that is I do not care. Every book thus far has given me that much.

The only thing I couldn't stand (at this point) is if Bran, Jon, Sansa and Arya have a reunion. I have seasoned myself to not expect this, and therefore would be very disappointed if it happened in lovey dovey fashion. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen, though.

Am I the only one who wants Sansa-the-Player with Tyrion at the end? they will not be quite happy but they can become one of the decent marriage in Westeros elite

Plus Stark Kid as Lady of the Rock is Happy Ending in my book.

I can only see her with Tyrion if Cersei dies a horrible death. Also Bran with Meera would be cool.

Am I the only one who wants Sansa-the-Player with Tyrion at the end? they will not be quite happy but they can become one of the decent marriage in Westeros elite

Plus Stark Kid as Lady of the Rock is Happy Ending in my book.

Nah, that would be nice. I think Tyrion might die though. Definitely want some kind of reconciliation between them - if nothing else, Tyrion realising that Sansa respects him and appreciates the way he treated her.

Archived