Feasting on Crows

Kage Kazumi

I could not locate "A Feast for Crows" sub-forum in the Still Reading forums. Is there a logical reason why the fourth book doesn't even have a forum?

Yes, there is a logical reason. Once you've finished aFfC, then you're free to join in all the threads, all the sections, the entire board, because then you will have read as much, and presumably know as much, as anybody else on this board. Once you've finished Feast, you're officially not a spoiler-protected newbie anymore!

Yes, there is a logical reason. Once you've finished aFfC, then you're free to join in all the threads, all the sections, the entire board, because then you will have read as much, and presumably know as much, as anybody else on this board. Once you've finished Feast, you're officially not a spoiler-protected newbie anymore!

That doesn't make any sense for not having it's own forum. I mean I have read all current books and the 2 Graphic Novels as well. There's no logical way of you knowing what NEWBIES have read. So this doesn't explain why AFfC doesn't have it's own forum.

That doesn't make any sense for not having it's own forum. I mean I have read all current books and the 2 Graphic Novels as well. There's no logical way of you knowing what NEWBIES have read. So this doesn't explain why AFfC doesn't have it's own forum.

Just trying to help, my friend. I guess, then, that you're going to have to take this complaint to admin. My assumption is that the board is designed with the assumption that people read the series in order, Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords and finally, Feast for Crows. And, at that point, they're ready to join in to any and all of the on-going discussions, including in any relevant thread, their likes and dislikes about something they came across in Feast, or in any of the other books.

What about people who're currently reading AFFC and would like to participate in discussions about it without being spoiled by people who've finished it?

What about people who have not read A Game of Thrones or are currently reading it or one of the other two (2 and 3). You can't justify this because of people who may not have read book 4 when there might be people on here who have not read 2 or 3 because they just started a while ago.

Not to mention this is a poor excuse because I have been on many forums where SPOILERS could be found in locations. And any person with a brain knows if you don't want to know what happened, don't read the spoilers (hence why forums have a Spoiler Tag).

Just trying to help, my friend. I guess, then, that you're going to have to take this complaint to admin. My assumption is that the board is designed with the assumption that people read the series in order, Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords and finally, Feast for Crows. And, at that point, they're ready to join in to any and all of the on-going discussions, including in any relevant thread, their likes and dislikes about something they came across in Feast, or in any of the other books.

My concern has nothing to do with what order people read the books in; this is common sense. I know you where helping; you sound as if I hit a sensitive spot, but in truth I am just blunt and to the point.

What about people who have not read A Game of Thrones or are currently reading it or one of the other two (2 and 3). You can't justify this because of people who may not have read book 4 when there might be people on here who have not read 2 or 3 because they just started a while ago.

What in the hell are you talking about?

If you're just now reading A Game of Thrones there's a subforum specifically to talk about that book with no spoilers. If you're just now reading A Clash of Kings there's a subforum to talk about that book with no spoilers. If you're just now reading A Storm of Swords there's a subforum to talk about that book with no spoilers. If you're just now reading A Feast For Crows, though, there is no forum to talk about it with other people who are just now reading A Feast For Crows. You either talk about it in the main forums and chance possibly getting spoiled or you don't talk about it at all.

Or... you go to the general forum and start a thread and note at the top that you're not done with AFfC would would like to share thoughts/questions as they come up. And then you do that.

Archived