Who will avenge Robb?

Ser Frank Haven

They must be weirdos, or they forgot how sick a person the Tickler was.

I, having remembered the torture the Tickler so loved to invoked, was glad for his death and found Arya's emotional response entirely natural given the circumstances. He was a source of emotional trauma for her.

And all this talk of the Hound redeeming himself or being a tragic figure.

Well that's all good and well, but it doesn't help poor Mycah much. From his point of view it doesn't mean shit. He's still dead. Hacked to death as a young boy by a 6 foot 8 giant in armor.

Hell yeah I felt gratification when Arya left him to suffer.

Haha, yeah, I'm in the anti-unSandor brigade.

What exactly was wrong with what she did? If I was her, I would have done the same thing without a second's hesitation. The Tickler was one of the most (if not the most) evil people in Westeros, and I for one nearly cheered when she stabbed him and asked if there gold in the village. Sure, I would have liked a more painful death for him, but any death for him was a good thing. But like I asked, what is so wrong with her stabbing his body over and over? She's obviously traumatized by what she's been through and what she's seen this guy do, and she's taking out her (righteous) anger on him. And people call her a sociopath for that! I don't understand it.

Damn liberals.

Agreed.

All being a "good guy" in Westeros gives one is an early grave. . .

And that is exactly why I said Rickon should go completely gung-ho in savagery. He's not honour bound and should clean up the mess.

Of course this is just wishful thinking and with no 5 year gap, Rickon's much too young sadly.

What exactly was wrong with what she did? If I was her, I would have done the same thing without a second's hesitation. The Tickler was one of the most (if not the most) evil people in Westeros, and I for one nearly cheered when she stabbed him and asked if there gold in the village. Sure, I would have liked a more painful death for him, but any death for him was a good thing. But like I asked, what is so wrong with her stabbing his body over and over? She's obviously traumatized by what she's been through and what she's seen this guy do, and she's taking out her (righteous) anger on him. And people call her a sociopath for that! I don't understand it.

Damn liberals.

lol what? Liberal?

There wasn't anything wrong with killing him, and like I already said I'm glad he's dead. I just don't see how people can feel good for Arya when the whole thing shows how fucked up she's become.

And all this talk of the Hound redeeming himself or being a tragic figure. Well that's all good and well, but it doesn't help poor Mycah much. From his point of view it doesn't mean shit. He's still dead.

Aren't you being a little hard on Sandor? He was obeying a direct order from the king. Since he didn't see the Joffrey/Mycah interaction, for all he knew Mycah really did threaten Joffrey. And if he had refused to hunt him down he'd probably have been executed.

Redemption is meaningless unless there is something to be redeemed.

Westeros as a whole is fucked up. Becoming more savage was what Arya had to do to survive. And I'm not convinced she has become as fucked up as some people here believe. Every one of her kills (aside from the stable boy but that's debatable) has been justified.

And yes, the people who whine about Arya killing and how she's a sociopath sound like bleeding heart liberals.

The only other person I can remember that's stabbed a body multiple times despite the person obviously being dead is Lorch. Arya's survival didn't require her stabbing the Tickler way past the point of dead. She did it because she's a messed up little girl whos seen wanton death, rape, and destruction.

And for one I didn't whine about her killing. This is the third time that I've said I'm glad she killed the Tickler. I also didn't call her her a sociopath. But if you want to convince yourself that she what she did to the Tickler isn't extremely messed up for a 9/10 year old little girl then fine. Have at it.

(...) the people who whine about Arya killing and how she's a sociopath sound like bleeding heart liberals.

I do not know what is the meaning of "liberal" in this context. It might be some specific US-politics meaning that I do not know. And I guess I am not the only one.

I do not know what is the meaning of "liberal" in this context. It might be some specific US-politics meaning that I do not know. And I guess I am not the only one.

Yes it is....read 'Democrat', since US politics are fairly right of centre on a world scale anyway.

I'd say it's expected of a 10 year old who's been through what Arya's been through. That doesn't mean it's not extremely messed up.

Without getting all judgmental about whether Arya is evil or mentally ill, can anyone imagine her getting reintegrated as a functional person into a normal postwar society? Her ruthless survival strategies are mostly appropriate for her current situation, but will she be able to back off of them when they're no longer necessary, or will they be too deeply ingrained?

Without getting all judgmental about whether Arya is evil or mentally ill, can anyone imagine her getting reintegrated as a functional person into a normal postwar society? Her ruthless survival strategies are mostly appropriate for her current situation, but will she be able to back off of them when they're no longer necessary, or will they be too deeply ingrained?

The FM are steadily removing her identity by forcing her to admit she is 'no one'. But I think Jon can help her re-integrate and go back to normal if they ever unite. I hope this happens after she's finished her hit-list.

The FM are steadily removing her identity by forcing her to admit she is 'no one'.

But it isn't working. Arya proves that she is still Arya: first by keeping Needle, then by killing Dareon the deserter. So unless your claim is based on some secret Dance chapters, I disagree.

But it isn't working. Arya proves that she is still Arya: first by keeping Needle, then by killing Dareon the deserter. So unless your claim is based on some secret Dance chapters, I disagree.

No, I havent read any ADWD chapters except the one at the end of AFFC. I meant that they are trying to erase her identity. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm expecting the worst outcomes in ASoIaF anyway.

Do you really want innocent children to be killed for their grandfather's crimes? I hope not.

And I specifically do not want Rickon to become a murdering monster.

Do we want it? No, but that's what vengeance is. It's cyclical, unless it is taken to such an horrific and inhumane level that one loses all sympathy with the avenger.

I am monstrous enough that I would like to see the Freys, from the newest babes to Lord Walder himself and his most aged and innocent retainers, thrown in a wooden hall and be set afire. Let their lands be stripped clean of all that lived and once swore fealty to their house. Then the instruments of our retribution can piss on the ashes and wander away.

True vengeance destroys the avenger, but retribution is a key component of justice. This is the sad nature of the human condition. Meek forgiveness is divine, but also naive and self-destructive.

Archived