Non-spoiler ADWD discussion

Hazl

So, A Dance with Dragons is coming out in like three weeks. I'm incredibly excited. I want to gossip and guess and predict and generally gush over the fact that it's finally coming.

Here's the thing. I haven't read a single one of the leaked chapters, nor will I. I don't want to read one Arya chapter here, one Daenerys chapter there, in the wrong order. I want to read The Book.

Am I alone in this? Has everyone else already read half the book from GRRM's website and public readings and such? Surely there must be others who are incredibly excited about the book, but who, like me, decided to wait until they could have it all at once?

Anyway, where would this discussion be appropriate? Still reading? ADWD? General ASOIAF? I can't really find anything like it...

So, A Dance with Dragons is coming out in like three weeks. I'm incredibly excited. I want to gossip and guess and predict and generally gush over the fact that it's finally coming.

Here's the thing. I haven't read a single one of the leaked chapters, nor will I. I don't want to read one Arya chapter here, one Daenerys chapter there, in the wrong order. I want to read The Book.

Am I alone in this? Has everyone else already read half the book from GRRM's website and public readings and such? Surely there must be others who are incredibly excited about the book, but who, like me, decided to wait until they could have it all at once?

Anyway, where would this discussion be appropriate? Still reading? ADWD? General ASOIAF? I can't really find anything like it...

Welcome, Hazi. You want to be in the 'Novels: General' section. There, you're free to discuss anything and everything up to and including the end of Feast for Crows. Anything further beyond that, like the various DwD spoilers you mention, belongs in the DwD section, which you'll want to avoid til you've actually read that book.

I haven't read the spoiler chapters, save one. There are plenty of threads full of speculation in the ADWD subforum that don't have major spoilers. We've been moving all ADWD-related threads there. Basically, don't read any of the threads that are marked "chapters" as those are pure spoiler threads. Everything else, people seem to be hiding some of the major spoilers under spoiler tags. That said, no guarantees, etc. If you're really intent on avoiding spoilers, then I think you're best off coming back in three weeks.

I haven't read the spoiler chapters, save one. There are plenty of threads full of speculation in the ADWD subforum that don't have major spoilers. We've been moving all ADWD-related threads there. Basically, don't read any of the threads that are marked "chapters" as those are pure spoiler threads. Everything else, people seem to be hiding some of the major spoilers under spoiler tags. That said, no guarantees, etc. If you're really intent on avoiding spoilers, then I think you're best off coming back in three weeks.

Yeah, maybe I'll just stick to other forums for now... Thanks a lot!

Archived