[BOOK SPOILERS] Biggest Gripes

Anomandaris86

I saw the TV series first, but after reading the books, I'd say the only thing I'm disappointed with in retrospect was Qhorin Halfhand not getting enough screentime.

Qhorin Halfhand leaving a green recruit to execute a wildling girl seemed hard to believe, until you read the book and find out his reasons.

Even without reading the book, Jon's storyline as a whole in the latter part of season 2 felt like the weakest. Basically several episodes of him traipsing around in the snow with Ygritte, whereas in the book he has the warg dreams and tells Qhorin about them. The fact that Qhorin seems to think Jon's connection with Ghost is something important, so that he actually takes the squad back to rescue Ghost despite them being pursued by wildlings, was something quite vital.

But I believe they were forced to do so for budgetary reasons (Jon's dreams and Ghost being attacked by the bird would have ramped it up somewhat), so not much they could do about it.

- Talisa. I don't mind the story as it happens, but I think it would have been better had she remained Jeyne, because of the knock-on effects later in the story

- A few minor things missing like Mormont's raven or Renly's peach

- Jon and Ygritte did well together, but more Jon/Qhorin would be nice

- No Vargo Hoat. No kingthlayer or thapphireth... :(

my complaints are:

-jaime kinslaying scene: i mean wtf, jaime was kingslayer but never kinslayer, completely messed him up.

-all the Ros scene: wtf even was her purpose of being in the show.

-no reek/ramsay snow

-additonal littlefinger scenes: no.1 was he and cersei, smart ass littlefinger would never be that dumb to imply he knew about cersei and jaime

no.2 was his last scene with sansa, i mean come on, no surprises at all

Archived