ADWD coming early?

Lord of Nothing

Hmmmh, I preoordered the same version of the book, but I got no mail and I will get it on July 16th. <_<

I decided to call amazon.de to ask if it was possible that a book would be send out early. The lady tried to stay as wishy-washy as possible, but said that if "someone somewhere hit the wrong button" a book could be delivered before it should be and that this has apparently happened before.

I just called my bank, amazon.de have charged my credit card and the delivery estimate is still 29th to 30th June on the international express delivery to London.

I assume, if amazon.de cancel the transaction, they'll refund the money. I'm not paying international expedited shipping for a book that turns up on the 12th of July! The frustrating thing is I am catching a plane on the evening of the 29th, so if it doesn't arrive by then, I won't get to read it until the 5th at the earliest.

Hmmmh, I preoordered the same version of the book, but I got no mail and I will get it on July 16th. <_<

I decided to call amazon.de to ask if it was possible that a book would be send out early. The lady tried to stay as wishy-washy as possible, but said that if "someone somewhere hit the wrong button" a book could be delivered before it should be and that this has apparently happened before.

Someone somewhere definitely hit A wrong button. Then someone somewhere else hit the right button to fix it, but there are a few other buttons that need to be hit to undo the fact that a bunch of US hit a bunch of wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it.) The six million dollar question now is whether someone, somewhere, will hit those buttons.

I can't believe how many non-German speaking people ordered from a German site, and are now hoping the stuff is legit. :lmao:

Well, in my defense, I placed my order on April 28th, and I'm half German, so I can speak it a bit. At least I knew what I was doing, lol.

apparently they have corrected their error.

BUT! according to Ze german site one guy at least has got his "this article has been sent out" mail. so his copy SHOULD be in an DHL truck on its way.

mine is not out and i guess the amazon guys still have it in their claws :(

i would say those who got their mail this morning might be the lucky ones.

apparently they have corrected their error.

BUT! according to Ze german site one guy at least has got his "this article has been sent out" mail. so his copy SHOULD be in an DHL truck on its way.

mine is not out and i guess the amazon guys still have it in their claws :(

i would say those who got their mail this morning might be the lucky ones.

So is yours still saying "We prepare these articles just for shipping"? If so, I'd say there's a CHANCE. I'm still fundamentally skeptical but as long as it still says that and shows me a June 30 arrival date, I'm holding out at least a little hope.

So is yours still saying "We prepare these articles just for shipping"? If so, I'd say there's a CHANCE. I'm still fundamentally skeptical but as long as it still says that and shows me a June 30 arrival date, I'm holding out at least a little hope.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, with Amazon US anyway, the "your items have shipped" e-mail sometimes arrives quite a while after the package has actually been picked up by the courier, particularly with this type of rapid shipping option. So there's a slim chance some of these orders that say they're in preparation are already en route. But I'm not getting my hopes up either.

Let's wait until tomorrow... In the worst-case scenario Amazon will send the book to us on July 12th but without charging us with the delivery expenses (as a way of "apologizing", they have done this before).

I don't want to wait until tomorrow I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :bawl:

yeah mine is still "being prepared for shipping".

but as i have said earlier: some seem to have gone out already. and some HAVE their mail. their chance of getting it seems to be quite good.

I can't believe how many non-German speaking people ordered from a German site, and are now hoping the stuff is legit. :lmao:

Well, for italians there is not a lot of choice if you want it soon: amazon.fr or amazon.de (amazon.uk shipping price for italy are very high and the bantam version is still not in sale there afaik). Fortunately, I know people who could help me with german so it was not a great problem for me.

And I do not see the problem: I think that is reasonable that people could be excited for a early shipping. If that's not the case, no harm done (at least for people living in the EU).

my sentiments, exact.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone feel honour bond NOT to order it early and breach the embargo?

There's a reason there's a tort called inducing a breach of contract.

No, I did not. My hope is that by some miracle this early ship date kink will go through. Then on June 30 I can hold up my copy of the book and say "No, I did not order with honor." Then point at my friends who are still waiting and say "They did."

No, I did not. My hope is that by some miracle this early ship date kink will go through. Then on June 30 I can hold up my copy of the book and say "No, I did not order with honor." Then point at my friends who are still waiting and say "They did."

Haha! So true, so true. And additionally, the customer is not in a contractual relationship with the publisher. Honor-bound would be the only thing you could be. Certainly not legally bound.

Archived