Notifications

Dunnii

I subscribed to a thread, not realizing that my email would get flooded! I have tried five times to "unsubscribe" or "change to: no notification" in my "settings," and it keeps remaining as "immediate notification."

Am I doing something wrong?

disappointed nobody answered me.... but it seems to have worked. It didn't change when I did it, though, so that was the point of confusion.

I also thought I added an avatar and it said I did, but it is not showing. ?

• 9 months later...

*bumping this*

I have a problem with my notifications too. Namely I don't get any more immediate notifications when somebody quoted one of my posts, the other ones for likes and replies to followed topics still appear.

It worked just fine until a week ago or so. I already tried to change my notification options back and forth, but nothing helped.

Got any ideas what is wrong?

My problem is that I get a notification for each reply on the same thread, when I just want one if there has been a new reply. That way I don't get 50 notifications telling me that people are talking on a single thread.

Notifications, like PMs, get turned off when the server is struggling. They add too much to the load, rather like profiles being available.

I think the software sees every new reply as requiring a notification. When 'View New Content' is working, then you can just check the thread to see if anything's been added.

Notifications, like PMs, get turned off when the server is struggling. They add too much to the load, rather like profiles being available.

I think the software sees every new reply as requiring a notification. When 'View New Content' is working, then you can just check the thread to see if anything's been added.

So, in my case, the fact that it's a selective thing (notifications for likes and new replies work and the ones for quotes don't) is basically a glitch of the software? Because the box for this optin is checked on my profile :/ Not the end of the world, but I'm curious how this comes to be.

Ah, I thought you meant that you got all requested notifications some of the time (when the server was set to handle such requests) and not at all the rest of the time. Hmm. It could well be a glitch, or that option might have been turned off by Ran. Did it ever work?

Ah, I thought you meant that you got all requested notifications some of the time (when the server was set to handle such requests) and not at all the rest of the time. Hmm. It could well be a glitch, or that option might have been turned off by Ran. Did it ever work?

Sorry for the late response. Yes, it worked just fine until maybe a week ago. :dunno:

Archived