Can I read fest for crows after dance with dragons?

Argeu

I believe there would be a few inopportune reveals. For the most part, you can read them either order, though it may thematically be better to read parts of AFFC first.

I'm finishing ASOS and I was wondering, since books 4 and 5 should be only one, if I can read ADWD before a fest of crows, are the events of the AFFC mentioned or revealed in ADWD?

A Dance with Dragons and AFFC run together only up until a point. Then you pick up POV's from both books and it continues on.

It's better to read Feast first because of developments of Cersei are important and it's good to know what her plots led to before continuing with ADWD. However, I jumped in to the series reading Storm of Swords before reading the 2 earlier books.

Any tips on trying to read them both at the same time? Has anyone tried to do this yet?

I'm about half way through dance and am thinking about going back and re-reading AFFC, anyone know how the chapters line up. Maybe using page numbers or something?

I saw a thread in the aDwD forum about this a few days ago. There were a few configurations for inter-reading the books but the genedral consensus was against it, although I think that was for someone new to the books. Seeeing as you've read AFFC it might work. I suggest having a search in the aDwD forum and take care to try avoid looking at too many thread title to avoid spoilers.

It's better to read Feast first because of developments of Cersei are important and it's good to know what her plots led to before continuing with ADWD. However, I jumped in to the series reading Storm of Swords before reading the 2 earlier books.

What? How is that, you didn't knew that it was a sequel?

I think you better not do that. I read AFFC and I'm about 40% of the way through ADWD, but I think it's starting to catch up to where the other POVs left off. I haven't looked ahead, because I've got the e-book version, but someone else here mentioned it's going to merge back in again with the others....

So I wouldn't recommend it.

Archived