#2000 error

Villert

Hey,

I'm logging in from a friend's computer, as I get the #2000 error when trying to log in from my own. I searched hoping to find a solution, but I am having issues. I originally sent an email to [email protected], but have not received a response.

Through the help board, I gathered my best course of action may be to PM or email Ran, as he seems to have the capability of helping me out. Only, I can't view his profile in order to PM him, and therefore cannot ascertain his email address as well.

Help?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody can help me out with this? I've sent emails, posted to the help section of the forum and waited more than a week for a response. Has anyone else had this error before?

Uhhh, I'm just a member, not a mod or a tech person, but didn't want to leave you hanging out there... Ran IS Westeros.org., but the issue is there's just a few mods here to deal with an ocean of new members since the HBO series aired, plus the board is now in the process of upgrading the server to handle all the incredible flood of new traffic. Just saying, from my experience here over the years, admin is really good here and really helpful and responsive--they're just overwhelmed right now. Again, I'm nobody, don't have a clue in the world what a #2000 error is or what to do about it. Just didn't want a new member to think nobody was listening or bothering to respond. This is a good board, admin makes it so, they're just overwhelmed with technical issues right now. All I can suggest is keep trying, all this will sort itself out and I know our new members will have much to add in coming discussions.

The admins have been on vacation, and they are the only ones who could fix something like this. It could be that you're logging in from an IP address at your home computer that is within a string of banned IP addresses (if we have to IP-ban a person, that can cause problems for others with the same ISP).

Uhhh, I'm just a member, not a mod or a tech person, but didn't want to leave you hanging out there... Ran IS Westeros.org., but the issue is there's just a few mods here to deal with an ocean of new members since the HBO series aired, plus the board is now in the process of upgrading the server to handle all the incredible flood of new traffic. Just saying, from my experience here over the years, admin is really good here and really helpful and responsive--they're just overwhelmed right now. Again, I'm nobody, don't have a clue in the world what a #2000 error is or what to do about it. Just didn't want a new member to think nobody was listening or bothering to respond. This is a good board, admin makes it so, they're just overwhelmed with technical issues right now. All I can suggest is keep trying, all this will sort itself out and I know our new members will have much to add in coming discussions.

Thanks for the response, mate. I imagine the influx of members due to the show could be rather problematic, I guess I'll just be a little more patient. :-)

The admins have been on vacation, and they are the only ones who could fix something like this. It could be that you're logging in from an IP address at your home computer that is within a string of banned IP addresses (if we have to IP-ban a person, that can cause problems for others with the same ISP).

Not sure what the issue is exactly, but I suppose that could be the issue afterall. I wasn't aware the admins were on vacation, I'll continue to sit tight and wait. Thanks for the response.

Archived