Arya's starting to scare me...

Black Amethyst

She was kind of forced into the vigilante role though. Always alone and having to count on herself. She can lead her pack through Nymeria as a warg and fight her other battles in stealth and cunning. I love where she is headed. And who knows what kind of pack her, bran, rickton and john could create warging and as humans. Can't wait!!!!

• 1 month later...

Arya being blinded in AFFC was like the red wedding in ACOS... it really did make me feel bad... I hope it is temporarily, as she is a character you feel with... She might be becoming a bit evilish, but she is still a child..

I didn't read through all the posts so i don't know if this has come up already but here it goes anyway.

Why did Arya go to the House of Black and White in the first place? I missed the part when she was told to go there. I mean... in the books Jaquen doesnt even mention the faceless men, and i don't remmember anyone telling Arya about that.

I didn't read through all the posts so i don't know if this has come up already but here it goes anyway.

Why did Arya go to the House of Black and White in the first place? I missed the part when she was told to go there. I mean... in the books Jaquen doesnt even mention the faceless men, and i don't remmember anyone telling Arya about that.

I think he told her if you ever want to find me, give this coin to any ships captain from Bravos and say Valar Morghulis...

She went to find him in order to be like him (as I recall)

But the thing is that i don't think anyone has told her about how to become like him. I just assumed she got it from a conversation during her trip to braavos but it isn't written anywhere so it got me thinking why on earth did she go there?

I think GRRM has big things in mind for Arya. As in most epics there should be climactic battle of good v. evil. Or in GRRM's case Slightly Better v. Slightly Worse. I expect Arya (perhaps with direwolf) to be one of the champions of Slight Better. Since she is a young slip of a thing, and is unlikely to play the game as Tyrion does, her specialty will be as a Faceless Person.

• 4 weeks later...

While Arya is still one of my favorite characters, I am worried about her too. I noted that both her and Sansa were getting some questionable tutelage. Sansa ended up with Littlefinger and Arya ended up with the Hound and now a guild of assassins. I think both could be a vision of what they could become.

Arya has had so much trauma and killing is starting to become second nature to her. Remember the part in Clash of Kings where the Hound talks about people killing because they like it? Well that is starting to describe Arya too.

ok I just want to comment because I love Arya. Love her character..my hope is that she reunites with Nymeria/Bran/Rickon/SHaggydog/Summer? o darn is that the wolfs name? been too long. anywho. I don't want her to lose her "starkness"...so I hope she does NOT become a Faceless man. I need her to be the one that avenges her Father...I still miss eddard.

I'm glad she killed Dereon for deserting because I was even mad about that.

Hmm, but names don't matter, she is always herself. (I mean, what is "losing her sense of self" supposed to mean? Becoming a vegetable? "Who she really is" is hers to decide, if she does not, and that'll be it)

She refused to go with him at first because she wanted to find Sansa and her family. He gave her the option when she showed an interest in learning how to change her face like he did. But, I think because the mission of finding her kin again failed with her leaving The Hound dying in the clearing is where she decided to go to Braavos since she basically had nothing left for her in Westeros.

It's my wish, however long she stays in Braavos and tries her best to forget "Arya Stark", that one day she goes back to Westeros to remember herself. It's my belief she went to Braavos because she lost everything in Westeros and she saw no way to get it back. But, if she really wanted to throw away everything, she would've truly gotten rid of Needle. Yet she didn't. She hid Needle because one day she might need it again :)

You're not alone in that. Though Dareon did deserve it.

Yeah, Dareon is an idiot. I really did not see that coming ... that he'd turn his back on his vows. I'm glad Sam hit him. If Arya hadn't killed him, I'm sure the Night's Watch would've sent someone later on to fetch him back later and chop off his head at the Wall like a true shamed deserter.

• 5 weeks later...

She has lost value for human life.

It hasn't surprised me. Arya didn't seem too frightened after her first kill. I do like the parallel between her and her mother; they could both be called "Cat" and they both live solely out of hatred.

I approved of what Arya did to Dareon. She probably felt since Dareon was of the Night's Watch that his behavior was a betrayal to her half-brother Jon... something along that line. Dareon was an ass and treated Sam poorly, anyway. He deserved what he got in my opinion. I have a feeling that Arya will be doing some asskicking in the future where some well-overdue asskicking is deserved. I can only hope.

Dareon was a deserter from the Night's Watch, he thought he got away, but then BOOM!!!!! I thought Arya taking him out was epic and poetic justice. Arya is totally awesome! I think she'll never be able to truly give up her true self, so eventually she'll get away from the FM. I hope she's on her way back to the Riverlands to meet up with Nymeria and her wolf pack and then onto some badassery. My favorite idea is that she heads to defend the North against the Others and possibly becomes involved in Governing the North post conflict. That would be sick!

Archived