How do seperate a post into multiple quotes?

ishmael

I want to respond to a post, but I want seperate responces to sections of that post. How do I do this?

Thanks for any help.

There's a couple of ways. First hit "Reply". You'll see that the post you are replying to is typed for you in the box. Now, see the "quote codes" at the start and end of the original post? Those gotta remain to preserve the quote being posted along with your reply. withing the body of the original post, simply delete what words you do not want repeated in your reply post. Sometimes, I also "highlight" and "copy" the original post, with the "quote codes" included so that I can continually paste them elsewhere in my reply and delete out specific wording so as to be clear as to which point I'm addressing.

Hope that somewhat confusing explanation helps some. :)

ETA - Also, if you are responding to several posts at one time, click on "MultiQuote" on each post on which you wish to comment. It will seem as if nothing is happening. But, then click "Add reply" and the posts you used "MultiQuote" on will magically be added into the box for you.

• 1 year later...

There's a couple of ways. First hit "Reply". You'll see that the post you are replying to is typed for you in the box. Now, see the "quote codes" at the start and end of the original post? Those gotta remain to preserve the quote being posted along with your reply. withing the body of the original post, simply delete what words you do not want repeated in your reply post.

So say I wanted to reply to this.

Sometimes, I also "highlight" and "copy" the original post, with the "quote codes" included so that I can continually paste them elsewhere in my reply and delete out specific wording so as to be clear as to which point I'm addressing.

And then this.

Hope that somewhat confusing explanation helps some. smile.gif

ETA - Also, if you are responding to several posts at one time, click on "MultiQuote" on each post on which you wish to comment. It will seem as if nothing is happening. But, then click "Add reply" and the posts you used "MultiQuote" on will magically be added into the box for you.

There's a couple of ways. First hit "Reply". You'll see that the post you are replying to is typed for you in the box. Now, see the "quote codes" at the start and end of the original post? Those gotta remain to preserve the quote being posted along with your reply. withing the body of the original post, simply delete what words you do not want repeated in your reply post.

Trying this now.

Sometimes, I also "highlight" and "copy" the original post, with the "quote codes" included so that I can continually paste them elsewhere in my reply and delete out specific wording so as to be clear as to which point I'm addressing.

And again.

Hope that somewhat confusing explanation helps some. smile.gif

If I respond to this...

Hope that somewhat confusing explanation helps some. %7Boption%7Dhttp://asoiaf.wester.../smile.gif[/img]

And then this.

• 2 weeks later...

The board uses a fairly standard markup system, in which opening and closing tags affect everything in between. So a quote looks like this:

[quote]This is quoted text.[/quote]
The markup above results in this output:
This is quoted text.
If you want to break a quote into multiple sections, you'll need to demarcate each segment with opening and closing tags, like so:
[quote]This is segment 1.[/quote]

[quote]This is segment 2.[/quote]

Which results in this:

This is segment 1.

This is segment 2.

The board uses a fairly standard markup system, in which opening and closing tags affect everything in between. So a quote looks like this:

The markup above results in this output: If you want to break a quote into multiple sections, you'll need to demarcate each segment with opening and closing tags, like so:

Which results in this:

Thank you! I did figure it out finally!

Archived