Happiest Ending You can Imagine

seanbean4lyfe

Everybody dies, but not everybody dies a horrible, awful painful death?

I'm setting my expectations LOW for the happiness factor in the end, and then I won't be as devastated when it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

And who knows? Maybe there will be some pleasant surprises.

I have a list of things I want to see happen to my favourite/ least liked characters:

1. Stannis and Asha marry and become rulers of the South with Davos as hand and the first senate to help them rule.

2. Jon marries Meera Reed and they rule the North together.

3. Sansa saves Sweetrobin and escapes LF and tells Jon it was LF who killed Jon Arryn. Then becomes a Septa.

4. Arya marries Hot Pie and they run an Inn together.

5. Daenerys is eaten by her dragons and is gone for good without ever reaching Westeros.

6. Jon and Stannis saves Westeros from the Others and the Wall comes down because it is no longer needed.

7. Jaime marries Brienne and sires an heir.

8. Tommen and Mycella lives with their true father Jaime and his wife Brienne.

9. Melisandre dies falling off the Wall.

10. Lady Stoneheart dies for good when Brienne sets her afire.

11. All magic dies for good with the death of the dragons and the last Targaryens.

12. Theon becomes the new King of the Ironborn.

13. Gilly and Sam marries and live happily ever after because Maesters are now allowed to marry.

14. Sam and his father reconcile.

15. Arienne Martell and Willas Tyrell marry and live happily ever after.

16. The Sand snakes raid the Ironborn and WIldings looking for husbands to kidnap! :P

17. Tyrion finds Tysha and realises she really was a prostitute.

18. LF and Varys are both flayed by Ramsey Snow and confesses all.

19. Jojen loses his greenseeing ability and becomes a normal boy.

20. Mya Stone kills Cercei in retaliation for her father's murder and marries Devan Seaworth.

21. Barristan Selmy retires after losing yet another royal he was serving and stays in Meereen.

22. With the others gone for good the Night's Watch is no longer needed and becomes Westeros first police force.

23. Westeros develops it's first standing army and the lords are no longer allowed to hire their own swords.

24. Gendry finally learns he is Robert's kid and runs off to join Stannis.

25. Stannis outlaws prostitution in King's Landing. :D

26. Westeros is decleared a Republic.

27. Explorers from Westeros start to explore the world North of where the Wall use to stand for the first time without fear.

Wow the happiest outcome? That's a tough one. Depends on who you don't mind dying.

-Dany makes her way to Westeros and KL and takes over the court. Her nephew ends up being OK with that, and is accepted into the court. Two Targaryens that get along is a good option. A bunch of assholes in KL die in the fight. And some Tyrells. Tyrion ends up as an advisor to the Queen.

-Greyjoys get slammed down again. Seriously, they need to be put in their place, stop pillaging and raping, etc. Asha manages to stay on the mainland though in some capacity, and has a Qarl baby! lol

-Some Starks return to Winterfell. Hopefully Rickon returns and Sansa can return to live there as well. The Hound gets appointed Rickon's bodyguard haha! Because "There always has to be a Stark in Winterfell". Boltons are defeated. Ramsey is killed and Roose can go back to his Dreadfort.

-Stannis is squished.

-Cersei ends up getting executed or commits suicide. Tommen, Jaime and Co. go back to live happily at Casterly Rock.

-Davos FINALLY goes home.

-Jon stays at the Wall and does whatever it is he does. I can't really picture him being anywhere else or doing anything significant, dunno why. Bran stays in his cave. The Reeds go back to Winterfell to give the scoop on that. Samwell stays in Oldtown with Gilly and the baby and becomes a great maester.

-Arya reunites with Syrio.

I have a list of things I want to see happen to my favourite/ least liked characters:

5. Daenerys is eaten by her dragons and is gone for good without ever reaching Westeros.

:bowdown: Yes.

12. Theon becomes the new King of the Ironborn.

god I hope so!

20. Mya Stone kills Cercei in retaliation for her father's murder and marries Devan Seaworth.

Interesting and creative. I love it!

Wow the happiest outcome? That's a tough one. Depends on who you don't mind dying.

-Some Starks return to Winterfell. Hopefully Rickon returns and Sansa can return to live there as well. The Hound gets appointed Rickon's bodyguard haha! Because "There always has to be a Stark in Winterfell". Boltons are defeated. Ramsey is killed and Roose can go back to his Dreadfort.

-Davos FINALLY goes home.

-Jon stays at the Wall and does whatever it is he does. I can't really picture him being anywhere else or doing anything significant, dunno why. Bran stays in his cave. The Reeds go back to Winterfell to give the scoop on that. Samwell stays in Oldtown with Gilly and the baby and becomes a great maester.

-Arya reunites with Syrio.

I hope some Starks find there way back to Winterfell too :)

Davos and Arya, yes!

I agree about Jon as well, I can't picture him off the wall. Tis where he belongs.

I think there may have already been a thread on this...I vagualy remember, so I apologize if this has been done before.

However, this isn't just happy endings, or most ideal. This is the happiest ending for the characters you love (or just ending for the characters you hate, that will make you sadistically happy) that you pray and wish for constantly (because I know I'm not the only one). If GRRM wasn't such a killing/flaying/torturing machine, one could hope he has a little love and sympathy left in his pen...

This is where dreams come true...just to have them crushed :crying: DAMN YOU GRRM AND YOUR CRUEL GENIUS I WANT A FAIRYTALE ENDING

Anyways, here are mine:

Sansa and the Hound some how wind up together, loving each other in their strange way. They find happiness and Sansa gets her knight in shining armour (however unconventional that sounds, I think it's somewhat true. He has always been her savior). The Hound's bluntness and realistic view is the perfect counter balance to Sansa's wild dreams (though I doubt she still dreams about pretty knights) If those to crazy kids can make it, anyone can!

Arya cools the fuck down and gets back to Westeros. She finally reunites with her living siblings and eventually (fingers crossed) meets up the Genrdy again. They are meant to be, I saw it instantly. Gendrya is whats up.

Jon gets past all the craziness on the wall and lives out his days as the best god damn lord commander anyone has ever seen. He's going to become a legend. Also, he finds out some answers to his parentage...and finally has some peace.

Jon & Arya Reunion. He musses her hair and leaves.

Sansa & Arya reunion. They now know how important family is and that they only really have each other. They just have a gushy warm reuninon. Awe hell...

...I WANT ALL THE REMAING STARKS TO REUNITE SO BAD

Cersei. I dislike her, but I think she loves her children a lot...almost as much as herself. My hope for her is that the Lannisters lose the throne and she is forced into exile with her children. This is mostly for Tommen and Myrcellas sake, because they're sweet kids and don't deserve the dangers of the throne.

Jaime. He and Brienne ride off into the sunset. HA jk, that WOULD be awesome but Jaime would be most happy being on the kingsgaurd forever and still be the most BAMF like Barristan...sort of.

Tyrion, finds out Tyshas fate. Finds some peace.

My hopes for Reek ;) are many. But alas I cannot say right now

Lady Stoneheart- stops terrifying me. gets to see one of her children.

Rickon, gets those nukes out of hiding.

Dany. Doesn't win the throne. I want her to get to Westeros though, just to see her lose. I'm so mean, I apologize. :blush:

Ser Jorah, I'm torn. I want him to be happy again and see Dany, but I wish he didn't love her. I will sacrifice my happiness for yours though Ser Jorah... <3

Victarion, gets EVERYTHING he wants and kicks Eurons ass. He's so awesome.

Nymeria, Shaggydog, Summer, Ghost: FAMILY REUNION!

I desperately wish all of these could come true. What about everyone else? What endings would make you happier than a fat tick on a skinny dog?

That's basically how I want it to end as well, although I'll add an exceptionally nasty ending for Walder Frey and his evil progeny. The Twins can go to one of the few, decent Freys, like that one who was Robb's squire.

I think there may have already been a thread on this...I vagualy remember, so I apologize if this has been done before.

However, this isn't just happy endings, or most ideal. This is the happiest ending for the characters you love (or just ending for the characters you hate, that will make you sadistically happy) that you pray and wish for constantly (because I know I'm not the only one). If GRRM wasn't such a killing/flaying/torturing machine, one could hope he has a little love and sympathy left in his pen...

This is where dreams come true...just to have them crushed :crying: DAMN YOU GRRM AND YOUR CRUEL GENIUS I WANT A FAIRYTALE ENDING

Anyways, here are mine:

Sansa and the Hound some how wind up together, loving each other in their strange way. They find happiness and Sansa gets her knight in shining armour (however unconventional that sounds, I think it's somewhat true. He has always been her savior). The Hound's bluntness and realistic view is the perfect counter balance to Sansa's wild dreams (though I doubt she still dreams about pretty knights) If those to crazy kids can make it, anyone can!

Arya cools the fuck down and gets back to Westeros. She finally reunites with her living siblings and eventually (fingers crossed) meets up the Genrdy again. They are meant to be, I saw it instantly. Gendrya is whats up.

Jon gets past all the craziness on the wall and lives out his days as the best god damn lord commander anyone has ever seen. He's going to become a legend. Also, he finds out some answers to his parentage...and finally has some peace.

Sansa & Arya reunion. They now know how important family is and that they only really have each other. They just have a gushy warm reuninon. Awe hell...

Cersei. I dislike her, but I think she loves her children a lot...almost as much as herself. My hope for her is that the Lannisters lose the throne and she is forced into exile with her children. This is mostly for Tommen and Myrcellas sake, because they're sweet kids and don't deserve the dangers of the throne.

Jaime. He and Brienne ride off into the sunset. HA jk, that WOULD be awesome but Jaime would be most happy being on the kingsgaurd forever and still be the most BAMF like Barristan...sort of.

Dany. Doesn't win the throne. I want her to get to Westeros though, just to see her lose. I'm so mean, I apologize. :blush:

Ser Jorah, I'm torn. I want him to be happy again and see Dany, but I wish he didn't love her. I will sacrifice my happiness for yours though Ser Jorah... <3

I desperately wish all of these could come true. What about everyone else? What endings would make you happier than a fat tick on a skinny dog?

That's basically how I want it to end as well, although I'll add an exceptionally nasty ending for Walder Frey and his evil progeny. The Twins can go to one of the few, decent Freys, like that one who was Robb's squire.

Anyways, here are mine:

Anyways, here are mine:

Nothing would ruin this series more for me than "and they all lived happily ever after." I'll be happy enough if the inevitable sacrifices that my favorite characters must make are not in vain.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. Being invested in the characters had made me want happy endings for them...but for the series I don't think it would be good if everyone was all living in fairytale land. It would ruin it most definitely and would be inconsistant since GRRM decided to kill our favorite characters in the earlier books, why not the end? I expect something from bittersweet to down right depressing, but a girl can dream ^_^

I just would really like some characters to find some peace, even if it means their demise. Sacrifices are a happy ending to me, so I would agree with that too.

If some characters can find a worthy ending for their character and the Stark children can briefly reunite somehow, then that is good for me.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. Being invested in the characters had made me want happy endings for them...but for the series I don't think it would be good if everyone was all living in fairytale land. It would ruin it most definitely and would be inconsistant since GRRM decided to kill our favorite characters in the earlier books, why not the end?

I am with you as well.

That being said, the only character for whom I desperately want a fairytale ending and for whom I think there is a tiny sliver of a chance for that happening is Davos. (Sorry for the awkward sentence.) I want him to go back to his Marya ("a plump woman with sagging breasts. The best woman in the world." GAH SIGHING) and his remaining sons and live out the rest of his days in happiness. Hopefully with a giant pension from Stannis and/or Manderly or whoever so that he never has to worry about anything for the rest of his life!

My very favorite characters are either too psychologically traumatized to benefit from "fairytale" endings (Tyrion, Arya, Sansa), are too damn cool for fairytale endings (Varys, Victarion) or have been in Martin's cross hairs practically since they first appeared (Brienne, Hound, Blackfish).

All of the seven kingdoms kneel to King Ramsay Bolton, first of his name.

Joking.

On a serious note:

Danaerys gets killed by Khal Jhaqo.

Victarion takes the dragons and kills Euron by drowing him. Then he becomes king of the Iron Isles and/or Westeros with the dragons.

The Shavepate becomes the king of Meereen. The people of Meereen cheer as they finally get a leader with a built in brain.

Jon slips and falls from the top of wall, obviously dieing in the process. Stannis becomes the 999th Lord Commander and dies heroically in battle against the others. Dolorous Edd becomes the 1000th lord commander and finishes off the Others.

Rickon becomes the new lord of Winterfell, after feeding Ramsay Bolton to his own dogs, and stabbing Roose Bolton whilst giving him Robb Stark's regards.

Tyrion becomes Victarion's hand, and reunites with Tysha or something.

Jaime stays the lord commander of the kingsguard, and keeps his vows. So no getting with Brienne, who in the end ends up with Hyle Hunt.

Arya reuinites with Lady Stoneheart and goes on a revenge spree, culminating in the over the top rescue of Sansa.

Daario Naharis gets to spend some time at the Dreadfort, before Ramsay gets killed of course.

Qyburn, Darkstar, Walder Frey, Lame Lothar, Varys and Littlefinger get to fight UnGregor.

- Tommen and Myrcella somehow survive. They're nice kids, it would be cruel to kill them off just for the stupid prophecy.

- Dany develops brains and learns how to be a good queen.

- Euron survives, loses a hand, gets a hook replacement and goes to Neverland...

- Jon will be the best LC ever, agree. Sam will be his chronicler/maester.

- Randyll Tarly dies but not before he realizes Sam took some serious levels in awesome.

- Lady Sansa Clegane and her husband return to Winterfell and rebuild it. (Sandor killed UnGregor. With fire.)

- Arya will be Master of Spies when Varys retires.

- Littlefinger? Dead by Sansa, or dead by Sandor.

- Lord Walder Frey loses ALL his male children/grandchildren and is left alone and broken in the almost empty castle. And he's too old to walk so he can't even jump off his bridge.

- Ramsay dies in the most horrible way imaginable. And there will be much rejoicing.

- All Starks and direwolves are reunited.

- Jaime kills Cersei and goes to exile with Brienne. They live happily ever after in the Free Cities.

- Jorah is pardoned by Dany. He then dies while saving her from an assassin/traitor, preferably Daaario who is then roasted by the dragons.

- The dragons mate and lay eggs.

- Ser Barristan gets his position back when they return to KL.

- Mance Raider gets a position in the small council.

- Tyrion inherits Casterly Rock and becomes Dany's Hand.

- Davos goes home to his remaining family.

- Stannis takes the black.

- Asha meets Arianne and they become BFF's.

- Loras' injuries turn out to be a lie, he returns as Margaery's champion and goes all "lol Cersei I LIED".

- Syrio is alive, and he's Jaqen.

- All of Mirri's criteria happens. Drogo returns and kicks ass.

- Melisandre loses her faith and jumps off the wall.

- Shireen gets a husband who doesn't care about her face and loves her.

- Victarion becomes the Dread Pirate Roberts.

- Gendry goes to the Wall and becomes their blacksmith.

- Arya kills the remaining names on her list.

- Roose disappears after his final battle, his fate forever a mystery (I just don't want to see him dead, too awesome).

- The Others are destroyed by a combination of Bran, Dragons, Azor Ahai and the Children of the Forest. The neverending summer comes.

Ned suddenly wakes up and realizes that the whole entire series has been a Horrible Horrible Nightmare!

In actuality, Rheagar and Lyanna are King and Queen of Westeros, and Robert never took over the Throne.

Ned never actually married Cat who is actually married to Littlefinger after he beat Brandon in their duel. Ned married Ashara Dayne and had all the same children.

Robb grew up and married Jeyne Westerling

Sansa married Willas Tyrel and has Sandor Clegane as her main body guard. Sandor does not have a burned face, is not a psychopath, and gets along great with his brother(who is also a pretty decent guy)

Arya married Gendry and practices Water Dancing with Syrio Forell every day!

Bran grew up to be to the great knight he always wanted to be and married Meera Reed with Hodor as his best man!

Rickon grew up to be a sane member of society

Jon(who isnt a bastard) married Dany(who was never exiled and has always lived in Westeros)

Dany is still The Mother of Dragons and trained them to be completely friendly towards humans. She has Jorah Mormont(who was also never exiled) as the head of her guards.

Jaime and Cersei never fell in love, so Joffrey, Tommen, and Myrcella never actually existed, Jaime never joined the Kingsguard, and didnt kill Aerys (who died of infection after cutting himself too many times)

Jaime instead is the Lord of Casterly Rock(after Tywin died murdered by a whore) married to Brienne of Tarth

Cersei ended up married to Viserys(since they are both so crazy they're perfect for eachother)

Tyrion is the Hand of The King, happily married to Tysha with Bronn, Shagga, and Timett Son of Timmet as his guards and Shae as his maid

Robert is happy off Whoring and Drinking

Renly and Loras are Open gay lovers

Stannis is Lord of Storms End(because Robert is too irresponsible)

The Blackfish is Lord of Riverrun

Lysa died in childbirth

Jon Arryn is still alive and lives happily at The Vale

Margery Tyrell married Prince Aegon and is set to be queen when he becomes king

Oberyn Martell never died and is still alive being Awesome along with his Sand Snakes

Theon Greyjoy was never warded to The Starks and grew up accepted and wanted on The Iron Islands and sits atop The Seastone Chair after Balon died in his sleep

Victarion is head of The War Fleet and killed Euron

Ser Barristan is still head of The Kingsguard

Melisandre is The High Preistess of The Lord of Light, which is accepted as the main religion

Sam is the Grand Maester

Varys and Illyrio Mopatis get together and drink every once in a while

Mance Rayder is The Lord Commander of The Nights Watch with Dolorous Edd as his second in command

Davos lives quietly and happily with his wife and sons(none of them died)

Roose Bolton never raped that women and Ramsay never existed

Walder Frey died as a child so The Freys dont exist

It turns out The Others are actually friendly and hang out with The Children of The Forest all the time

Ned is like "What The Hell!!! This isnt the Song Of Ice and Fire! This is The Song of Rainbows and FairyTales!!!!" He disgustedly goes back to sleep!

Happiest ending... Hm... Well, I'm only halfway through ACoK, so I'll try my best with a few characters:

I'd say have Jon and Dany marry and become King and Queen of Westeros. And Jon would appoint Tyrion as Hand of the King. Cersei would be banished/executed, Stannis will get a good portion of Westeros to rule over, and this Coldhands fellow will turn out to be Benjen Stark, who will come back to the Wall. The Others will be vanquished, Jaime, well, Jaime could run off with Brienne. Arya, Sansa, and Jon will all meet up again. Melisandre will find a way to resurrect Eddard. I'm just rambling now.

the things i want the most:

- Starks + Snow reunion

- i want jon to be Ned's son and AA.

- Arya & Jon reunion. i know i'll cry like a baby if it happens haha

- Arya & Gendry marriage. They are made for each other, anyone can see that. I really want Gendry to play some important role in the next books.

- Bran (warging) and Tyrion are Dany's dragonriders.

- Dany and her dragons wins the war with the others but she dies. Arya & Gendry somehow got the command of her army and they win the battle for Westeros in her name(they got the help of Jon, Bran and the northmen). Tyrion is their hand.

- Tyrion finds Tysha alive, she forgives him but doesn't want him anymore. With her forgiveness, he finally have some peace.

- Cersei won't surrender even when the battle is obviously lost and Jaime kills her to save Tommen and Myrcella's lives.

- I want Jaime and Brienne together so much! They disappear with the children (to Tarth perhaps, who knows?) and live a happy, quiet life.

- I dont know what i want for Sansa.... if she ends up with Sandor or Littlefinger, i'll be happy.

- i want Davos to bring his family to live in KL. He will be on the small council somehow. Tyrion will like him a lot.

- Sam will be a legend as grand maester.

- Stannis will be a legend as Lord Commander

Archived