Mafia Game 81.5 - Murder in New Piddlehinton

HT Reddy

It is Day One, Seven players remain: kalaw, Monday, Faraday, Masonity, TheMalcolm, Stevonicus,Pebblethat Hides.

4 votes are needed to lynch or go to night

1 vote(s) Kallaw (Masonity)

1 vote(s) Masonity (Kallaw)

4 votes for Stevonicus (Pebs, Malcolm, Faraday, Monday

Players not voting: Stevonicus,

Stevonicus was lynched.

Faraday breaks into song: Rainy days on Mondays always get me down.

Pebble thinks he sings off key: Are you serious, that song sucks, you must be EEEEEVIL

Malcolm thinks Pebble is a lousy voice critic and while he argues her choices make her about 987% evil, he goes drinking instead of voting.

The votes fly around so quickly the mods get dizzy. (ok, maybe the mods are always dizzy tongue2.gif )

Suddenly Faraway shouts out "Hey, Hey, I have an idea that will win us the game" Masonity gets a gleam in his eyes "oh, tell us this great plan."

Faraway looks thoughtful for a moment. "Maybe it is not such a good idea afterall" but just a few moments later he says in a whisper "Lets line up against the wall and everyone shout "not it" at the same time"

Masonity runs to the wall and shouts "NOT IT" but no one else answers. Kalaw doesn't buy into the plan. "how can we trust people to not lie" "Oh, we lynch the liars too" he is assured. Several people try to explain the maths, but this just confuses Monday more. "Tell me one more time please. Maths are hard" She thinks hard at the answer and suddenly shouts "Not it."

Collectively bored with plans and logic you decide to lynch whoever's name has the most s's in it. Satisfied with this rationale, poor Stevonicus was selected; grim-faced Martion security personnel marched in to grab him from his console, and you all hear the needlessly thatrical sizzle as he is dissolved in acid, as per Martian custom. He was, of course,

not a killer.

As you drift soundlessly through your artificially accelerated night, you sleep soundly and dream of kitttens and fluffy clouds and lollypops.

It comes as something of a surprise therefore, when you wake up to find 5 feral kittens feasting on TheMalcolm's innards, with his face and skin an utter ruin, clawed and scratched hundreds of times. Some dreams can kill.

It is morning of Day 2

There are 5 players.

3 players are required to lynch or to go to night.

5 players have not voted: Faraday, Kalaw, Masonity, Monday, Pebs

Faraday is Not a Killer.

Obviously, I was the guard, either Stevey or Malcolm was our healer.

All is not lost. We have a 1/3, not a 1/4, shot today.

I guarded Faraday because he knew the plan but didn't speak out at a time when he could have stopped it. And jumped in as #3. Typical killer stuff. I now feel I should have left my provisional on Kalaw. :(

BEFORE we confirm our kill today, I'll confirm in thread who my guard will be. If I die, that person will be CIed. This way we *should* have 2 CIs going into day 3. We win anyway. :) If I don't die, that person is the killer, and we win.

So yeah, this worked out just as well really. Better perhaps.

Of course, the killers best chance now is you guys doing the same as yesterday, saying "Plan! Sure. Lets ignore it!" and running off on a tangent. :P

It really doesn't matter if we're wrong today, because I'll be able to confirm an innocent or catch a killer tonight anyway as long as we don't mislynch. I repeat, a mislynch loses us the game instantly. Can we try to get the lynch through in the next 24 hours to make sure there isn't a risk of that?

There's one way we could lose.

Because Steve never got a chance to claim, it's possible he was a roleless innocent and the killer-symp both claimed roleless to do a 2-5. In that case, we still have a symp. That'll mean we need to look at who could be master-symp in the innocents. We know Faraday is not a killer, so we need to see who could be symping Pebbles, Kalaw and Monday. Faraday could still viably be the symp.

That said, we can't lynch faraday today, because he's not a killer.

If malc or steve was the symp, we've won. If not, lets at least maximise our chances by targetting the person most likely to be a master, i'll guard the person second placed. Of course, if the master and symp live 'til tomorrow, guard or no guard, they can force a draw at worst.

We'd be in a MUCH better position if steve had spoken. :(

That said, I'm still confident Steve would have claimed roled, so either him or malc was the symp.

I have to get my little girl ready for school, but my early thoughts are that :

Pebble could be symping Kalaw. He was a viable lynch, had my vote on him and was therefore set up for the lynch. But she instead started the train on an unviable lynch. This means she went along with the plan willingly hoping a way out presented it, but probably resigned to losing up until it did.

Faraday could be symping anyone, and that may be why he went along with the Steve lynch. But then, why propose the plan? o.O Unless he saw this route out of it and was confident of pulling it off? Seems a bit far fetched. I was a bit reactionary guarding him last night really.

Monday could be symping Pebbles, because early day 1. Plus hammered on an off-plan target. Could the agonising over the plan be a way to try to figure a way out?

Who could Kalaw be symping? He obviously could have been symped by any of the above, probably pebbles. Could he have been symping anyone? Well, anyone really, with the way he fought the plan.

There is no way Kalaw could be symping me. I've been in his top teir most of the game. He's even voted for me.

and ya know same thing the other way round. Symps don't distance from masters. Symps don't vote for their masters.

Yeah I did start the Stevo Train. at the time Kalaw had 2 votes yours and mine. Faraday had declaired him a stuburn innocnet and had been pushing a Stevo lynch for a while, Monday didn't get the plan and wouldn't lynch kalaw anyway and then Malc had Kalaw in his bottome teir. it should have been obvious Kalaw wasn't getting lynched. If we lynched someone other than Stevo and then he got modkilled we'd be at 4 players now, somehow I don't think that fitted with the Plan.

To make it clear (and because no-one else is talking), we have to hunt FM, not symps. The symp could already be dead, There's a fair chance either Steve or Malc was the symp.

Therefore I'm not going to vote for Faraday today, as he didn't kill Malc last night. I'm leaning towards Kalaw, and will probably end up guarding him if we don't lynch him, but could be swayed on Pebble or Monday.

I WILL be announcing my guard in thread before we go to night, so if I die you can CI my target and win (as long as the symp isn't alive).

I guess if you were worried about a modkill it makes sense. A modkill would have been worse than voting him out.

And yeah, strike you off the "kalaw could be symping" list. I still have Kalaw as my #1 choice. I'm not sure yet if I'd prefer you or monday as my backup plan / guard target.

Really, ideally, I'd like us to figure a twosome that can't be in a master-symp relationship in either direction, and couldn't be master to Faraday. Lynch the last player not in that twosome, and we've 100% won.

I doubt we'll find that though!

Ok I’ll do some work for you. I know I don’t have a symp or I’m symping anyone. I’m rolless innocent. You want proof?

Faraday can’t be my symp as I am/was in his top scum tier with Malc. Ok this was just after the plan.

I can’t be symping Faraday, I voted for him day 1.

No way Kalaw is symping me or I could be symping him. I don’t even need to explain that.

So that leaves Monday, Who I admit did defend me on day one and did make me think she could be fake symping me. 1. If I’m evil why would I draw attention to it? 2. If Monday is my symp why would she remind everyone of her defence of me latter in the game?

I'll look at the other possible symp/master combos in a min

Looking at Kalaw's teirs - His last one before the lynch happend

Tier 1: Monday, Masonity, Pebble

Tier 1.5:Malc, Stevonicus

Tier 100: Faraday.

Malc is not in the first tier just because of my gut.

Stevonicus, because of being absent.

And yeah, choosing from the first three I don't know whom to choose.

Unvote

This makes it unliley Kalaw could be symping Monday since thats his top tier, but its not so clear cut with just about everyone else in teir 1.5.

however it makes it unlikle thay Kalaw is the symp. If he is then it was a risky move Why not put Monday on Teir 1.5?

It doesn't prove you are a roleless innocent, but it does mean you are unlikely to be a symp or symped. Remember there's a fair chance the symp is dead.

I guess I'd feel safe having you enter the final day, because you are unlikely to be in a symp-master relationship, and therefore even if you are a killer you will still have to survive that final day, and with me having either outed you or a posthumous innocent read on the other living player.

To be honest, I'm starting to get the feeling that either steve or malc was the symp. In which case, we're in a fantastic, almost certain game winning situation.

I can't find any reason why Monday can't be symping Kalaw. She did resit the plan and defend Kalaw last night.

Likewise Faraday is not symping Kalaw, but hasn't said anything much about Monday other than sounds/feels innocnet. He's certainly never attacked her. Faraday could be symping Monday.

Am I missing something here?

Unless the analysis on me (which I really shouldn't be the one to do :-p ) says something different then, Monday seems to be the only common link. Without Monday, we can't have a master-symp relationship, right?

In that case, it has to be Monday lynched today. I'll guard pebbles, and if i survive I'll explain why. If I don't survive it means Kalaw is the killer, and pebbles and faraday need to lynch him straight away.

well I suppose for completeness someone should look at you. I just can't see it though. your game play just doesn't make sence. of course if your still alive tommorow (assuming someone else dies) I'll have to re-consider things.

I don't really have time to look at you now. If no-one else has done the analysis then I'll look at it tonight.

Unless the analysis on me (which I really shouldn't be the one to do :-p ) says something different then, Monday seems to be the only common link. Without Monday, we can't have a master-symp relationship, right?

In that case, it has to be Monday lynched today. I'll guard pebbles, and if i survive I'll explain why. If I don't survive it means Kalaw is the killer, and pebbles and faraday need to lynch him straight away.

I could easily be a symp for Kalaw. I would totally vote my killer as a symp, at least for a little bit. Plus no one was going to hammer and I backed off quite quickly.

I was thinking about it when I woke up - that if the game wasn't over, Monday looked worse. I think maybe she was trying to mimic Kalaw's thing. Also, she probably thinks I [i[am her symp if she's the killer.

Archived