arantius

I can't seem to link an avatar from ImageShack. I had worked it out before the password reset (uploaded smaller av 100x75 - whereas before the board used to resize it), but since the reset the ImageShack av won't load - I get a little blue and white question mark instead.

At the moment, my FB av is fine as it's kind of non-descript but other times my FB pic is more personal and I don't want that appearing here. I also don't want to start a Gravatar account if I don't have to (like other people who posted in the avatar upload thread). Thought I'd start a new thread for this URL problem.

Any ideas how to help me?

I guess I'm registered; I have an account that I login to. I'm actually wondering now whether it's just an intermittent problem because I went back and checked the old av that I thought was 'too big' and it was actually only 100x88, so I guess the problems I had prior to the password reset weren't caused by size after all and it was just coincidence that after I loaded a new image the link suddenly 'worked'.

Haha, working now :)

I'd previously tried the links from "Short Link: Link" and "Thumbnail Size: Forums" and they didn't work. I've just tried the "Full Size: Direct" link and it took. Maybe that's the same process I went through a fortnight ago, I can't remember! So if anyone else is having the same problem, try using the 'direct' link.

And thanks for the reply Stubbs :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived