Timezone Issue in Settings

ICE CROW

So for awhile now i've noticed a difference between my time and the board time. So my question is when we set our time zone in settings, is that suppose to mean the board clock will show me what time it is here where i live, or is it always set to a specific time?.

Im posting this at exactly 6:08pm eastern standard time, yet when i come back after it will show that i posted at 5:08pm. My time is exactly 1 hour ahead of what the board time seems to be. So am i messing something up when setting my timezone, or is there something else i might have missed when setting the time on the board to reflect the time it is in my timezone?

So for awhile now i've noticed a difference between my time and the board time. So my question is when we set our time zone in settings, is that suppose to mean the board clock will show me what time it is here where i live, or is it always set to a specific time?.

Im posting this at exactly 6:08pm eastern standard time, yet when i come back after it will show that i posted at 5:08pm. My time is exactly 1 hour ahead of what the board time seems to be. So am i messing something up when setting my timezone, or is there something else i might have missed when setting the time on the board to reflect the time it is in my timezone?

It should be the same. Make sure you check the Automatic DST box, though, or it might be an hour off during daylight savings.

It should be the same. Make sure you check the Automatic DST box, though, or it might be an hour off during daylight savings.

Well it looks like that was what i was missing, i checked the Automatically adjust daylight savings time for my timezone. Now the Board time and my time are in sync. I had a feeling the answer was right in front of me, the problem is after saving changes, i have to return to settings after for the time change to take affect. So before when i would try checking those boxes and didn't get the instant result i wanted, i thought something was wrong.

Another question, there use to be a clock showing the Board time at the bottom of the community index page. Since the upgrade a few weeks back it has vanished, or does the Board clock only show up when the board isn't running in performance mode?

Thanks Kat

Archived