[ADwD Spoilers] Could the Stone Dragons Melisandre was talking about really be...

Liam Kin

I don't think she's the "beautiful younger queen" in Cersei's prophecy, either — Cersei thinks it's Margaery and readers are led to believe it's Dany, and really it's neither.

I doubt that I’m the first to say it, but isn’t Sansa a pretty good candidate for that role?

I can never see Dany as AA because she's not a warrior. She's a tough person, and now a dragon rider, but nowhere near a warrior.

Warrior may have different meaning than what we all think. I've seen Jesus called a warrior, even though he haven't really waged any armed battles. So here the word might mean some sort of prophet or ideologist or a great leader of men.

I myself think, that due to their blood/magical relation with fire and dragons, The Targaryens are going to play a key role in the fulfillment of this prophecy. Now, their powers come from Old Valyria, so let’s kick around some crackpot ideas in that direction:

The Targs aren’t the only survivors of The Doom. What if AA is a this far unknown Velaryon for example? Or even some other survivor from Valyria?

Also, if we’re sticking with the Targs, we’ve seen that through history, their bastards have played important roles in major events. So, what if AA is a Targ bastard? And I don’t mean the one we all suspect, but another – one that we haven’t met yet? And in that line of thoughts, what about the Blackfyres? What if Aegon really is a fake Targ, but the real AA?

Why not Jamie or Sandor for AA? I'd personally love nothing else than these two tying all cliffhangers...

In any case, the revelation of AA is potentially a bonecracker for Martin. This far into the series, him selecting one character and heralding him to the levels of a demi-god would actually disappoint most of the readers, irrespective of Martin's choices or the ways that he presents them. So, don't expect any AAs springing off the shrubbery....

Why not Jamie or Sandor for AA? I'd personally love nothing else than these two tying all cliffhangers...

In any case, the revelation of AA is potentially a bonecracker for Martin. This far into the series, him selecting one character and heralding him to the levels of a demi-god would actually disappoint most of the readers, irrespective of Martin's choices or the ways that he presents them. So, don't expect any AAs springing off the shrubbery....

Well I don't think it's so much a choice at this point. GRRM has said that he has known since the beginning of the story which major characters would live and die, so he has probably known for a long time who AA reborn is (if anyone). I have a feeling when he does present the answer we will all say "AHA of course, I should have known all along!". Good post tho u raise an interesting point about how it will be presented/heralded, and what it means going forward.

I'm also a big fan of The Hound, or Jaime as AA. Jaime is headed to the right place to possibly be resurrected by fire (Un-Beric passed to Un-cat possibly will pass to him for some crazy reason), or maybe Brienne will become AA and slay the false AA Stannis as part of her Renly Revenge.

• 2 years later...

I think the dragon emerging from a tower is awakened by the Hightowers seizing Aemon's oil soaked body, burning it in a foul magical rite, releasing something like Stannis' shadow that collapses the tower of Oldtown.

Archived