Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

I healed Guriah last night. They knew I wouldn't risk not doing it since so many still doubt my claim. So they went for Aristo, qho I'm sure they've wanted to kill before but never did for fearing a healer.

I still think Judah is innocent;

I'd be surprised if either Chana, Hyrcanus or Guriah flipped scum;

I got good vibes from Eusebon yesterday;

I think Eleazar is innocent too, mostly because of day 1 and even though he is now on version 2.0 and has said some weird things, I think it's because he hasn't really been around much and is confused. Kinda like Onias was.

So Menelaus, after reading through his, Judah's and Eusebon's posts, I got the strongest scum read from him. His behaviour and voting only made me surer that he was scum with Antonin.

It is Day Five

Five votes are required to lynch, or four votes are required to go to night.

Eight players remain: Chana, Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, Guriah, John Hyrcanus, Jonathan Maccabee, Judah Maccabee, Menelaus

2 votes for Eusebon (Guriah, Judah Maccabee)

1 vote for Judah Maccabee (Chana)

1 vote for Menelaus (Jonathan Maccabee)

Four players have not voted: Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, John Hyrcanus, Menelaus

Items in the pot:

Hanukkah Gelt x ?

Today, John Hyrcanus gets to spin the dreidel.

Interesting exchange with Menelaus:

This just seems off to me, and a little over defensive at the start. And he goes back and forth with the Judah thing, first he acknowledges it, then forgets in a few minutes

How much did you give and to whom? and why? How much did you pay for the two oils?

I started with an oil (vegetable). Nothing else. Of course 20 gelt.

I gave the oil to Guriah on night 2 and 10 to Lys on day 2, bid on the oil 10 (as I said) and gave that Oil to Guriah on night 3.

Last night, after the flip when Antonin was found scum, and I said I knew who I'd be going for, I was 100% positive I'd be going for Menelaus. The reason why was his case against Judah earlier. I thought it felt off then, and then when Antonin flipped scum, I looked back at that essay and thought hmmm...what a strange thing to do. On the day that Antonin is definitely up, one of the more coherent things to write up...and I thought I was the essay poster.

My suspicions of Judah and my belief in his skill is what drew me back. That and Aristo's information presented last night. Why didn't Gaddi get onto the Judah wagon? The only logical conclusion I can draw from that is that he was Judah's symp.

Menelaus now claims he gave 10 to Lys on day 2. Doesn't make sense. Lys died on night 2, or don't you remember that Menelaus? That money would have gone into the pot. Well that's an unprovable claim. Lys had 20 gelt on her when she died. Shouldn't she have had 30?

I read that some people are voting eusebon. But Guriah (i think) even suggested he might be inno, and that it doesn't matter). Well I say it does, because why kill someone if you have any doubts on them being inno. Better go for someone that does not give you that feeling or someone you don't have those doubts about. So I will not be voting Eusebon just yet. I believe he is inno and we should try and get guilty people around here.

but the Judah case exposed by Guriah made me change 180 degrees. I can't make myself vote for him anymore. And this throws me off. I have no idea who else might be behind all this. I have to re-read a lot to make my mind up now.

MOD: If someone transfers gelt to someone who is killed, does the money transfer happen first or just get thrown into the pot.

Say if they had 20 gelt on them already and someone transferred 10 to them, when they died would it show up as 30 or would the transfer be incomplete and it would show 20 and that 10 would be mysteriously added to the pot?

I'm not voting for a mod lynch - I just want to see they get the question :). I'll remove the bold soon.

I healed Guriah last night. They knew I wouldn't risk not doing it since so many still doubt my claim. So they went for Aristo, qho I'm sure they've wanted to kill before but never did for fearing a healer.

This sounds reasonably fair and trustworthy to me...

I still think Judah is innocent;

I'd like to know why?

Last night, after the flip when Antonin was found scum, and I said I knew who I'd be going for, I was 100% positive I'd be going for Menelaus. The reason why was his case against Judah earlier. I thought it felt off then, and then when Antonin flipped scum, I looked back at that essay and thought hmmm...what a strange thing to do. On the day that Antonin is definitely up, one of the more coherent things to write up...and I thought I was the essay poster.

My suspicions of Judah and my belief in his skill is what drew me back. That and Aristo's information presented last night. Why didn't Gaddi get onto the Judah wagon? The only logical conclusion I can draw from that is that he was Judah's symp.

Menelaus now claims he gave 10 to Lys on day 2. Doesn't make sense. Lys died on night 2, or don't you remember that Menelaus? That money would have gone into the pot. Well that's an unprovable claim. Lys had 20 gelt on her when she died. Shouldn't she have had 30?

I gave it to him the first night.. which is the same as day 2. it's poor writing I know. I thought about it in terms of "reception."

Maybe he transferred some to someone else. I dunno. He was one of the persons I felt more strong about. One of our

"leaders," so to speak.

MOD: If someone transfers gelt to someone who is killed, does the money transfer happen first or just get thrown into the pot.

Say if they had 20 gelt on them already and someone transferred 10 to them, when they died would it show up as 30 or would the transfer be incomplete and it would show 20 and that 10 would be mysteriously added to the pot?

I'm not voting for a mod lynch - I just want to see they get the question :). I'll remove the bold soon.

The rules state that the transfer will not happen. The gelt will be returned to the owner.

Also, sid note - I have a fairly large amount of work to get to today (not at all because I've been dicking around on the Mafia board at work for the last few days. No, of course not!), so my posting may be a little infrequent...but I am here and I will be checking in as much as I can.

He would have died with 30g per the rules:

2) Item transfers: Items can only be transfered at night. You may ask Hanukkah Harry to give items and/or any amount of Hanukkah gelt to the player(s) of your choice.

The player will only be informed of the items he was given the following morning. If he is killed, your items are returned to the pot; if you are killed, he still receives your gift. Items gifted can only be used the following night.

This sounds reasonably fair and trustworthy to me...

I'd like to know why?

Someone said it before, he has said and done a lot of suspicious stuff, he is the perfect frame. They tried to lynch me yesterday but after I claimed healer they would have to really force the lynch on me and after I was dead and revealed inno it would look really bad for them, so they turned to the easiest target, which was Judah. It has always been Judah.

Another thing. Menelaus did not react to my vote. He's been playing reactive the whole time and jumped on me in every ocasion, why not now? He's too busy looking innocentish, discussing items with Chana.

I read that some people are voting eusebon. But Guriah (i think) even suggested he might be inno, and that it doesn't matter). Well I say it does, because why kill someone if you have any doubts on them being inno. Better go for someone that does not give you that feeling or someone you don't have those doubts about. So I will not be voting Eusebon just yet. I believe he is inno and we should try and get guilty people around here.

but the Judah case exposed by Guriah made me change 180 degrees. I can't make myself vote for him anymore. And this throws me off. I have no idea who else might be behind all this. I have to re-read a lot to make my mind up now.

And that? It just seems like he's trying to see where it swings. How come he has no idea on the subject?

edit - spelling

So then someone is lying about the ten. I'm willing to believe that Gaddi gave Antonin 5. Gaddi had no items and only 15 gelt so this makes sense.

Judah says he gave 10 to each baker.

Menelaus says he gave 10 to Lys. Lys is an unprovable claim, but is only made worse by the fact that he died with 20 gelt on him and no other items.

Judah would have had to have gotten really lucky for Lys to have transferred 10 of her gelt to a baker so that the 10 could be claimed by Judah and have gotten the 10 from Menelaus.

I still don't like Judah for the reasons I claimed, and if you're innocent, I'll apologize, but unvote.

We know that Antonin died with 35 gelt on him, Gaddi could have given him 5 and Menelaus given him the 10 that he's claiming he gave Lys. Still if Gaddi was Antonin's symp, why just before he died to did he push me towards Menelaus?

ETA: make the sentence make sense.

Another thing. Menelaus did not react to my vote. He's been playing reactive the whole time and jumped on me in every ocasion, why not now? He's too busy looking innocantish, discussing items with Chana.

And that? It just seems like he's trying to see where it swings. How come he has no idea on the subject?

Yes, because My ultimate suspect... aka. my source of existence has been presented with new information. And I can't build a case with judah being scum that wold explain some of the things he did.

You, I sort of cleared up with the healer thing. I really think there's something you are not telling us, but maybe it is not to give it away to the scum. So I will not be voting for you.

Eusebon, everyone else's suspect, is really really town imo. Probably even has a role of some kind. A sort of investigator thing? Dunno.. wouldn't even know how an investigator would be called.. or how it would work.

That leaves Guriah, whom I trust, if not wouldn't have given 2 of my vegetable oils... John hyrc. always the baker i trusted the least, but he gave his oven, he's not suspicious at all when I read him. I find nothing on him. another town.

leaving Chana, which I've also always thought was town.

Eleazar, imo.. as i've stated has not done much. But I feel him as town more and more as the time passes by.

Which means.. I feel pretty good about everyone. Which makes no sense... I must be off somewhere, because yes, I am innocent.

*head spins*

Archived