Mafia 84: The Festival of Lights

House Targaryen

Going back to Lys -

Judah - highly suspicious, possible symp. Main reason is the voting wierdness, not comfortable with his lack of contribution since.

Simeon - low poster, nothing overtly scummy, but by attrition is higher on the list than most

Antonin - another low poster, but I had some good feelings about him from earlier. Trust other people more, but I'd possibly consider him for a lynch if a decent case was made.

Gaddi - highly suspicious. He didn't want to vote for Habim. Again, his contribution is lower today and he completely ignored my post about him and his voting wierdness.

Menelaus - no inno read, but felt that Matt was barking up the wrong tree in their conversation. Not saying he can't be guilty, just that the point Matt was grilling him on wasn't the right one - can't even remember what it was right now.

Eusobon - feel that he's on the up and up. I don't agree with most of his thoughts, but feel he is genuine. Not as strong a town read as others, but feel ok with him.

Chana - gut says she is legit

Eleazar - can't make a judgement. I recognized the original Eleazer, but his style is a null tell.

She had good feelings about Antonin. So why kill her?

The only remaining suspect who had a reason to get rid of her was Judah.

Of course, she might have been killed just because she was a strong player. But still....people typically try to get rid of somebody who is at least a little threatening. Right?

An earlier suspect list from Lys -

Antonin makes some middle of the road comments like Habim did ('I don't find anything suspicious so far') but he also calls Omanis out for being town (I'm so butchering these names, I know it) I think I kind of like him. Chana I find innocent on a gut level - the convos between Aristo and her tipped it. She seems genuinely trying within her framework. She also seems genuinely newish, which is null and makes her harder to read. Eusabon I kind of like too, but don't agree with the trails he chasing down.

John Gaddi, Judah Maccabee

Menelaus

Antonin, Eleazer, Eusebon, Simeon

Chana, Aristobulus, Onias, Johnathan Maccabee

Guriah, John Hyrcanus

The only people who had any reason to kill her were Judah and maybe Menelaus. But really, mainly Judah.

Clearing my head before I turn in for the night:

Appropriately, since tomorrow is the second night of Chanukkah, a sixth candle has gone out. Two lights remain...after which, the Chanukkiah CF will have to develop more branches.

This time, the light belongs to Aristobulus.

First, where was the heal? Second, why is the 'healer' not dead? -_-

Eleazar is the only living player who never voted for either Habim or Antonin. If there's a living symp, it could definitely be him.

I can't comment on Eleazar1's take on Habim - I'm not sure if he was online for the lynch, and I didn't take over until Day 1 was completely finished (including night actions - this toon did nothing on night 1 - I could not bid on items or transfer money until night 2). However, I've stated my belief in an Antonin-Eusebon team multiple times. I'd have voted for Antonin yesterday if the chips were arranged differently when I left, but it was pretty obvious that Judah would vote for Antonin (which he did) and my vote would have put him in position for hammer while effectively taking Judah out of the equation. I made the conservative play. Pretty sure that's been me all game (as far as I've actually been in it).

I've been pretty isolated this whole game after missing day 1. I have little to no "cred" with anyone, because until last night I had not traded away nor received any items or gelt. I came out of my quiet corner yesterday to try and keep us from making what I thought were two potentially game-losing blunders: First, killing a claimed healer, and second, putting too much faith in that claimed healer and potentially losing TWO town because of it.

Lynch me, vig kill me, whatever you want - we have wiggle room now, so it really doesn't matter. If you honestly think I'm guilty, then do it and clear the air. I've given my Zeus idol away. I'd strongly suggest that the person who received it not reveal they have it, since with the healer alive (if he's actually a healer - considering I went out a limb for him yesterday, I sure hope he is) and a fair number of oils/candles around it could still be a problem. I still have all of my gelt (the 20 I started with) - I bid it all on the Thor idol tonight but did not win it. Do not completely discount that idol just because we probably only have 1 FM left - symps can use it too! It clearly says 'an evil player' can use it, not FM only like the Zeus idol.

Judah, guess who I’m coming after today? And this is long...so I apologize. But, I wanted to do this yesterday too so it shouldn't come as any surprise.

I’m not going to repeat my essay on you yesterday because really do we all need to read it again? You didn’t even address it.

Let’s see in quick terms. You and Antonin were the only two who didn’t vote Habim on day one. You were there, you decided to abstain with your oh so wise “beware of bandwagons.”

You and Antonin were the only two to start raising concerns about Aristo’s influence. Didn’t like that he removed his vote on Simeon that night so we couldn’t get a quick lynch. Wanna guess who Aristo and I were discussing about as an alternative. Oh yeah, that would be Antonin. Aristo is now dead, so the person who’s influence you feared is gone.

Aristo posted a lot of good analysis here on Antonin for us to look over. Seems you guys didn’t agree on some reads…good partner distancing if you ask me. And here you run in with your posts from earlier and say you’ve got such good reads. So, we’re supposed to trust you now. Guess who else would guess town would flip as innocent? Scum would.

Yeah, that night Antonin did vote for you, but you know what else he did? He said

Pretty sure it's still four to lynch, I don't think there'd be a quick hammer unless Chana, Jon, Simeon and Menelaus all come on at the same time and decide they don't want to be discussed today. Which would just be dumb.

Pretty convenient way to vote for your partner and then make sure that he wouldn’t actually get voted for because it would bring suspicion on everyone else, huh?

When I said I wouldn’t do it, even though I was suspicious of Judah and said I wanted to vote for him earlier, he said this:

@Chana: Nah, I didn't think anyone would have actually done it. I sort of know how you feel about Simeon (unless you really like parroting) and you probably don't want to discuss yourself. Any thoughts on JonMacc or Menelaus?

Do you know who else has been all over Menelaus? Judah.

When I brought up the possibility of Gaddi getting set up for the Lys NK, Antonin was around. He responded:

Chana, I'd be tempted to agree with what you were saying if it wasn't for the whole WIFOM thing. Would Gaddi be smart enough to figure out that someone might think like you just did? Even if nobody mentioned it, he could easily have said "oh it's too obvious, somebody must be setting me up" later on.

Three hours later, Judah comes in and proposes this same exact idea as if it were his own. He then refuses to vote Gaddi because of it. While Antonin pushes the lynch saying he won’t lay down the fifth vote but does anyway.

Judah then proposes that if Gaddi is innocent then Guriah needs to be looked at because he came to the conclusion that the vote on Gaddi was the cause of Lys’s NK. He’s got Aristo/Guriah/Menelaus on his evil spectrum, but since we lost Aristo last night I guess we can discount this. It’s not a surprise Menelaus is on his evil list, he’s been trying to get rid of him since day 2. But, he has Antonin listed as CN; obviously not.

The only response to me that he gave concerning the theory I proposed yesterday was that my analytical stuff seems forced. Way to not address what I said and dismiss it out of hand as if it makes no sense.

Right after the Gaddi flip, he pulls up the questions Onias had about him just before it was revealed that Onias died. No one brought that up but me, but I can imagine he would propose the same theory concerning Gaddi…that he was being set up.

And as Aristo has so generously done for us before he died, Judah had every reason to kill Lys. And yes, I know he’s already going to ask how much influence she had so why would it matter?

The ONLY thing sitting in some people’s minds as favorable about Judah is that he gave away 20 gelt on night one to both bakers. However, he kept the candle. So, some say I’m paranoid and suspicious because FM wouldn’t give away gelt. I say, you’re absolutely wrong. Judah has presented himself here as a bit of a newbie to this site, but he has also indicated that he’s quite experienced. I think he’s pretty smooth and crafty…at least he thought he was in presenting a case for Gaddi getting set up – 3 hours after we’d already considered it.

But, why would an FM give away his gelt. He says he started the game with a candle and 20 gelt. There were two oils in the pot. He could have gained an oil so that he could perform a freeze or guard action. Seems like what you would do if you were an innocent. It’s what I tried to do. I transferred some of my gelt and tried to get a candle. I only gave away the rest of my stuff on night two when I knew there was nothing I could do with it. Yet, he kept his candle. This is odd.

He says he was disinterested in the whole bidding process, and wouldn’t have had the energy or time to figure out who to use that one shot item on. But it’s day 4, surely he could have figured out who to give his candle to. We only talked about the transference of items between the innocents like how much yesterday? But, seriously, why would an innocent not do the only thing they could do to try help the innocent cause.

So, he transferred his gelt. Really? So what. I don’t know why that makes him seem innocent. Maybe the FM didn’t care about the idols. Maybe they just cared about killing and looking innocent while doing it. So, yes, he didn’t have to come out and tell what he had and what he transferred and that makes him look innocent. I say that makes him look like smart scum.

Although he transferred the gelt to the bakers, who were planning to make latkes, which could kill people.

Seems like a really crafty move. Transfer gelt (but not the candle – why), so that later you can act all innocent, when you’re anything but.

So, Judah, someone will have to present me with a really strong case to remove that bold.

Clearing my head before I turn in for the night:

First, where was the heal? Second, why is the 'healer' not dead? -_-

I've been pretty isolated this whole game after missing day 1. I have little to no "cred" with anyone, because until last night I had not traded away nor received any items or gelt. I came out of my quiet corner yesterday to try and keep us from making what I thought were two potentially game-losing blunders: First, killing a claimed healer, and second, putting too much faith in that claimed healer and potentially losing TWO town because of it.

Lynch me, vig kill me, whatever you want - we have wiggle room now, so it really doesn't matter. If you honestly think I'm guilty, then do it and clear the air. I've given my Zeus idol away. I'd strongly suggest that the person who received it not reveal they have it, since with the healer alive (if he's actually a healer - considering I went out a limb for him yesterday, I sure hope he is) and a fair number of oils/candles around it could still be a problem. I still have all of my gelt (the 20 I started with) - I bid it all on the Thor idol tonight but did not win it. Do not completely discount that idol just because we probably only have 1 FM left - symps can use it too! It clearly says 'an evil player' can use it, not FM only like the Zeus idol.

I believe you are now the third person to offer to get lynched or killed for the cause. ;) (I'm not saying that to say I find you suspicious; I was the first to do it.)

I'm still weary of the healer claim as well.

What do you think of Judah and Menelaus?

I've wanted to lynch Eus since day one, but it's waned over the past day or so as I've been pretty fixated on Judah. What makes you think Eus? I know you've given your reads I can go back through them tomorrow.

Really I'd like to see your Judah, Menelaus reads.

Judah has, in my opinion been the most consistently suspicious person all game. His posts clash way too much, he can't seem to decide whether he is a noob or a pro. I can understand being confused about terms specific to this board, but having like 9 posts asking what Symps do is overkill for a guy who clearly is knowledgable enough to look through one of the threads on this forum that explains all the terms.

When the Habim lynch was happening, he kept his vote on a player who had left the game (the first Eleazar) and instead tried to steer the conversation toward baker claims. If i recall correctly, the last vote for Habim came like 3 minutes before the deadline. Habim almost wasnt lynched, and Judah though that that was a good time to focus the conversation on...baker claims??? His defense when Eusobon called him on this felt constructed and artificial.

In one comment, he mentions how Aristobolous reminded him of a player on a forum he plays on...so obviously Judah has played multiple mafia games on the same forum with the same people, yet somehow he is unfamiliar with the concept of guessing someones true identity. Its not a hard concept to understand. But nonetheless, he says:

But then makes post like this:

Those two comments do not seem to reflect the same level of Mafia experience.

He hasn't given many reads on people, the one time he does he is incredibly non committal. Read through this post, its a lot of words to literally say nothing.

I would be happy with either a Judah or Gaddi lynch. If they flip innocent, I will have egg on my face but it will give us some very valuable information, and should cause everyone to take a long, hard look at Eusobon.

And just a few minutes ago, as a Gaddi lynch seems to be picking up steam, Gaddi questions wether John H is a true baker, asking if he posted recipe information BEFORE or AFTER Guriah did...rather than actually investigating this and checking the timeline of their posts, Judah posts:

I dunno. Maybe Guriah and John H are a 1337 killer team masquerading in chefs hats, but this sounds like another purposeful distraction to me.

I can't sleep. I posted the Onias post there just so we could look at it. It's Onias' read on Judah the night before he got NK'd.

He also tries to get Gaddi to switch his vote from Menelaus to Judah because it would might get some traction as there were enough of us around who could do a Judah lynching. And there were, but Gaddi refused to budge from Menelaus and go onto Judah, which furthers my belief that Gaddi was Juda's symp. The only way, as I understand it from Aristo's explanation above, that Gaddi wouldn't move on to his master is because he's his master. The symp would have sacrificed himself for his master than try help get him lynched.

It is Day Five

Five votes are required to lynch, or four votes are required to go to night.

Eight players remain: Chana, Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, Guriah, John Hyrcanus, Jonathan Maccabee, Judah Maccabee, Menelaus

1 vote for Judah Maccabee (Chana)

Seven players have not voted:

Eleazar Maccabee, Eusebon, Guriah, John Hyrcanus, Jonathan Maccabee, Judah Maccabee, Menelaus

Items in the pot:

Hanukkah Gelt x ?

Today, John Hyrcanus gets to spin the dreidel.

I can actually prove it is not Judah. Antonin had 35 g on him when he died. He got at least 15g from his partner. Judah gave me and John H all his money, therefore the partner is still out there. eta: the first FM was lynched day one and did not have a chance to transfer his gold

this makes sense.. but then who?

I can't believe i am not going to vote Judah right away... have to ponder it through before I do it.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, or answered in any way... but why didn't the healer target aristo again? if they felt, for two nights in a row, that he was somehow a very plausible target? was it because they had already announced it?

this makes sense.. but then who?

I can't believe i am not going to vote Judah right away... have to ponder it through before I do it.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, or answered in any way... but why didn't the healer target aristo again? if they felt, for two nights in a row, that he was somehow a very plausible target? was it because they had already announced it?

Because Astro told him to heal me as he was transferring his latke to me and I was the high bidder (I reported the most g in thread) for the new latke. I now have both latkes and will be using them tonight if we fail to lynch the final FM.

There are 3 possible FM: Eleanzar, Eusebon and You (Menelaus)

Because Astro told him to heal me as he was transferring his latke to me and I was the high bidder (I reported the most g in thread) for the new latke. I now have both latkes and will be using them tonight if we fail to lynch the final FM.

There are 3 possible FM: Eleanzar, Eusebon and You (Menelaus)

Ok, I see...

wow.. wouldn't you even try to soften it up for me.. LOL!

Archived