A Question for Ran

ICE CROW

This is something im fairly certain none of mods can help with, so i have directed this directly towards Ran.

So the situation is this, my PC is hooked up to my TV and i sit about 9 to 10 feet away from the screen. So when viewing web pages such as Westeros, i increase the size of the page by holding the CTRL key and using the scroll wheel on my mouse to either zoom in or zoom out. Now i have never had an issue doing this with Westeros.org before, until last week. Basically now when i load up the community Index page or go into any forum such as Entertainment or Gen Chat, i am forced to zoom out and then back in again using the method i described. Otherwise the advertisements on the left hand side of the screen bleed over the text on the right. It happens with all the various advertisements. Here are 2 screenshots showing what i am talking about.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3580/communitypageerror1.png

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7398/communitypageerror2.png

I had started a help topic lat week, where you informed me you had be working on the code of the site. This issue began happening immediately after that, and has been a constant issue since. I waited to post this thread because i was hoping it would resolve itself but it hasn't.

Hrm, weird. I guess it is the code tweaks we carried out, but I'm stymied by why those would do anything to the rendering of the page. They were just some things to carry out some URL rewrites.

What version of Firefox are you using?

Im still using Firefox 3.6.24, which has been my browser the entire time i have been a member here at Westeros. It's not something that is overly bothersome, it only takes me zooming in and back out again which takes a second and it's fine again. If it turns out that it is a problem because im still using the older version of Firefox, it's something i'll just get use to. With all the recent revisions to Firefox, i want there to be a version that doesn't change a week later before i upgrade.

Archived