The Wheel of Time is complete!

fionwe1987

Great news. That it is finished. That is all.

This. It's been so many years since I started reading this series that I'm just glad that we finally get to see the end of the story. It's a bittersweet feeling.

OK, after finishing Mountains of Cheese Towers of Midnight, I have to agree with the poster who rated it fan fiction. At least it's based on RJ's notes, so the main events are all in line with the buildup in the earlier books. I wonder about the time line and pacing, though.

As for skipping the middle books, it depends. RJ used to plant subtle hints at what was really going on in seemingly unimportant chapters. Missing or skimming through these would have made it hard(er) to understand the books. Sanderson spoon-feeds the reader lengthy explanations so that even the dumbest/most casual reader can't miss it. Of course Jordan himself started the dumbing-down of the series when he let Semirhage give a lecture about Rand's mental state in Knife of Dreams...

At least some long-lasting questions got answered, like Mesaana's identity in the White Tower. Still no clue where Demandred is, though.

On Tor's integrity, they arethe publisher of the Kevin J Anderson / Brian Herbert "New Dune" books.

Sanderson spoon-feeds the reader lengthy explanations so that even the dumbest/most casual reader can't miss it.

This is true. I do think he does it so that Jordan's intent is clear, and not because he can't do subtlety at all, but it is grating nevertheless.

As for the Semirhage thing, read it again. In the light of tGS, she obviously got some very important things wrong. Her speech was more likely intended to cause chaos in Rand's ranks.

I don't see anything inaccurate in Semirhage's assessment of Rand's mental state at the time. Of course he did manage a full integration of the two personalities and seems to have regained his sanity in the process, but that only happened later. She didn't even claim it was impossible either:

Even Graendal usually failed to achieve reintegration with someone who heard a real voice.

Archived