Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

And people don't have them at times as well. In fact, it would be more reasonable to expect a player NOT to have strong opinions at this stage of the game. Opinions? Yes. Strong opinions? Nice to have, but not to be expected, and much less required.

Not required... but I am in full right to distrust whoever doesn't have them.

Because I like running down the list of players. Going over everyone one-by-one helps me analyze the game more systematically and having them all in the open presents an opportunity to bounce those ideas off the other players, for them to react on it so that people can have more information to work with.

Saying you have a null read on somebody doesn't give us any information to work with. It just creates an illusion of contributing, which favours evils.

Mayhaps it's just your playstyle, but objectively your list is most suspicious thing I've seen at the thread yet.

on Stick Pony :: Where in what I said am I casting doubt on Pony? I said that I'm wary because his grammar excuse might lead to people accepting that he can relatively fly by and coast through the game. It's more of a cautionary note directed to the rest of the players than anything else.

on Action Figure :: Did I not say that he was being assertive and has made a good number of pro-town posts? How is that even undermining anything?

I might ... MIGHT... give you Pony Boy (barely) but with AF, you said he had some pro-town stuff, but then you simultaneously said in your gut you thought he might be evil. That's ... it's ... how is THAT not undermining his credibility?

"You know, that Pony guy seems nice and all, and he hasn't posted anything really, but I want you to all be sooper critical of him and jump on anything he says that seems weird. I mean, we wouldn't want to let an FM coast because he doesn't speak English, right? That would be silly, so be on extra guard. And you know what, I realize people like AF and I tots agree - he's like awesome. But don't you think he's a little toooo good to be true? i mean, wouldn't it be awful if he were evil and leading us around by playing the good guy? I'll let that sink in for a while, k?" (<-- not an accurate translation, but it's what I'm hearing in my head right now. Exaggerated to make a point)

I do appreciate you trying to explain your gut read on AF. I might not agree, but at least I can talk about it with you and see where you are coming from.

Tit-for-tat, Lego Man. I have some questions above that I'd like to see you answer first and I'll work on dem tiers while you do.

I'm sorry - I must have missed that. Are the questions specifically to me?

I have to wonder though: What good are you expecting to come out of you comparing my tiers to what you think my tiers will be?

I wanted a list off the top of your head to see if it was consistent. Kind of late for that now, but I'd still like to see it. Also it's easier to refer to than a mega-list.

This is my specific problem with your list, Duck. It's not even so much that it's full of null tells and fluff. I mean, that's a problem, but the bigger problem for me with posts like this is that it's so constructed rather than organic. You don't reference anything specifically or comment on anything (playerwise) as it's happening. It just comes in one isolated, constructed post. I know you weren't around to comment much, but you did pop in once in a while while re-reading to say safe stuff. You didn't break up your post or comment as you were re-reading. I know some of this can be playstyle, but it's so hard to read intent and objectively, as Truck said, it's often a scum move.

Going to bed now. Just have to say one thing:

When given an opportunity at night, one must always go for it, on that same night. If not, one might just miss it forever. Just something you should all know...

Good night everyone ;)

Huh?

ATTN: People voting rag doll shouldn't be voting rag doll.

This has been a public service announcement.

:bang:

OR I just saw something that made him town that REALLY is unlikely to come from scum and at the very least can wait another day.

Deja freaking vu. Not cool.

I'm going to remove my vote and tomorrow you are going to explain this heaping load of BS and it better be spectacular. When it turns out to be stupid and irellivant to rag Doll's allignment and it doesn't clear Rag Doll at all, I'm going to vote Rag Doll and you'll have lost all credibility. I hope I'm wrong.

Wait. 20 minutes ago you figured out from the mods that he was innocent?

Both the mods said they were going to sleep.

I think you're lying.

So are you claiming to be a cop or not? I don't like this.

Of course he's lying. Whatever he's doing, he's going about it in a totally bastardly way and you are right to feel suspicious and/or contemptuous of him.

Toy Unicorn :: One of the few posters that have contributed so far with a minimal amount of side-talk. This doesn't necessarily prove anything about his alignment, but judging from the tone of his posts, my gut says that the Unicorn is town with the way he's been analyzing and challenging some players that he's picked out.

What about Unicorn's contribution do you like specifically? What has she been analyzing and who was she challenging that seemed town to you? To be honest, I don't see much effort from Unicorn that wasn't directed at defending her analysis of the votes on her. She had a quick vote on Chatter and questioned Rag Doll for backing off, but that was a quick drive-by post.

Somethat outdated, eh?

What do you think about Rubber Duck?

A little, yes, that's fair. Potato was high on my list before, unicorn looks good now, and I'm too tired and lazy to re-evaluate everyone right now so it's him or no vote. No red flags from Duck, but I'll look at her with fresh eyes in the morning or more likely afternoon.

You don't reference anything specifically or comment on anything (playerwise) as it's happening.

The problem with this is is that things are happening while I am asleep. Like, a dozen pages happened, to be specific.

What would be better? 1) To do what I did and summarize my feelings about what I read over those dozen pages? Or, 2) to just ignore them and reference stuff that I can comment on as it's happening (like what I'm doing right now)?

I will reference stuff-that-is-happening when I can, but the best I can do for stuff that happens when I'm asleep is summarize my thoughts like what I did.

OK Duck. I guess that you can't whip up a quick tiers list because you haven't solidified where your 'suspects' should fall at this point. You had just made a re-read and thought about each player so it's not like I was asking you to do something you shouldn't have had a handle on anyway. I wasn't looking to A-HA trip you up, just wanted to see if I could see some resemblence from list to tiers and try to understand your thought process. If you are innocent, there would be nothing to hide.

eta: oh hi. My point is that I do understand that you weren't around for much of it. You were around for some of it and only decided to post on safe stuff, even though I'm pretty sure other things were happening too. I'll have to look.

with AF, you said he had some pro-town stuff, but then you simultaneously said in your gut you thought he might be evil. That's ... it's ... how is THAT not undermining his credibility?

What exactly are you trying to say? Like I'm going all "Don't believe AF because he might be evil," or something like that? How is this different from all the other people having scum reads on all the other players on the game?

"You know, that Pony guy seems nice and all, and he hasn't posted anything really, but I want you to all be sooper critical of him and jump on anything he says that seems weird. I mean, we wouldn't want to let an FM coast because he doesn't speak English, right? That would be silly, so be on extra guard. And you know what, I realize people like AF and I tots agree - he's like awesome. But don't you think he's a little toooo good to be true? i mean, wouldn't it be awful if he were evil and leading us around by playing the good guy? I'll let that sink in for a while, k?" (<-- not an accurate translation, but it's what I'm hearing in my head right now. Exaggerated to make a point)

Considering this is an exaggerated version, I really don't see how this line of thinking is counterproductive. You totally misunderstood my point regarding AF though. But kindly elaborate what really do you think is evil in the content of my posts.

My point with AF was that he was being pro-town in his posts and being assertive, but his shifts in tone try to give the illusion that he's not as threatening as he seems. "Non-threatening" is an adjective I would use to describe scummy play, so there's certainly some room to consider that AF might be scum because of that. On the other other hand, it could also be a way to avoid the crosshairs of the scum. So that's exactly in line with what I said about AF :: "To seem 'not that threatening' towards the scum or towards the town, I can't really say."

You checked in and said you were gonna catch up. We waited for a while and then I voted for you. You popped in, indicating that you were at least monitoring the thread during your re-read.

Wait for it. I'm gonna rock your world.

OK - I can wait. Meanwhile Slinky posts a long list of suspects, he and RC have a little blow out, Action figure is calling people town, Unicorn is finding Chatty scum for a drive by post, blah blah. All you decide to comment on is why Action Figure was told town reads are anti-town.

Were you told why? Because I don't see how that's bad play.

And went into it at length

longish post

So you were around while some things were happening and could have commented on it. You chose not to. You waited to put it all in an isolated, constructed post. It does not make me trust you.

What exactly are you trying to say? Like I'm going all "Don't believe AF because he might be evil," or something like that? How is this different from all the other people having scum reads on all the other players on the game?

My point with AF was that he was being pro-town in his posts and being assertive, but his shifts in tone try to give the illusion that he's not as threatening as he seems. "Non-threatening" is an adjective I would use to describe scummy play, so there's certainly some room to consider that AF might be scum because of that. On the other other hand, it could also be a way to avoid the crosshairs of the scum. So that's exactly in line with what I said about AF :: "To seem 'not that threatening' towards the scum or towards the town, I can't really say."

THIS ... THIS is what I'm saying. You don't see the contradiction and middle of the road position you are taking? If you can't see this, then I don't know how to explain it to you further.

AF is pro-town.

"Non-threatening" is an adjective I would use to describe scummy play.

On the other hand, ...

From what you're saying here and previously, I would say that Action Figure is high on your list of possible suspects. Is he or is he not?

Archived