Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

Unicorn and Potato have both seemed way too defensive to comments from Robot and others. Both have tried to over-explain what were probably just random day 1 accusations. Unicorn may have seen a bandwagon forming on him the first time he came to the thread, so at least he would have a reason to be nervous. As for Potato, no one had even voted for the guy. Mr. Potato Head

-grammar edit

Over-explain is apparently our word of the day. and what do you know, here it is again - RC Vehicle over-explained his vote.

Let me translate his post - he doesn't want to just follow along with the crowd and suspect easy targets, so he's added a few sentences of his own to make his vote look legit.

sometimes posts are just awkward and stand out. This one falls into that category.

It is Day 1.

18 players remain:

Action Figure, Barbie, Chatter Phone, Dinosaur, Jack In The Box, Lego Man, Mr. Potato Head, Plush Toy, Puppet, Rag Doll, RC Vehicle, Robot, Rubber Duck, Slinky Dog, Stick Pony, Truck, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

10 votes are required to lynch, or 9 votes are required to go to Night.

1 Vote for Barbie (Truck)

3 Votes for Dinosaur (Mr. Potato Head, Rag Doll, Slinky Dog)

2 Votes for Mr. Potato Head (RC Vehicle, Chatter Phone)

3 Votes for Rag Doll (Plush Animal, Robot, Dinosaur)

1 Vote for Robot (Jack-in-the-Box)

1 Vote for Rubber Duck (Lego Man)

2 Votes for Toy Unicorn (Stick Pony, Action Figure)

5 players not voting:

Barbie, Puppet, Rubber Duck, Toy Unicorn, Wiggle Snake.

Rag Doll confuses me. I'm just going to pretend I have a read on her for the moment even though I actually don't. So feel free not to ask.

If part of the confusion is of the 'Chatty phone vote was in fun, but you can get some good info from that type of vote, but it was a joke' variety, then I feel ya.

The post where she named some suspects almost felt firm, but the rest of it is mush.

Rag I'm feeling extremely confused about you right now, when you get back could you explain some of your reads

Picking on RC some more. So Action is confused about Rag Doll, and Lego agrees, and then RC is confused too. looks like somebody set his remote control on "follow the leader" today.

edit - The use of the word confuse is so blatant that it almost makes me feel like RC is symping Action Figure.

Mr. Potato Head, a potato of many faces...

(Ring ring ring ring ring ring, banana phone~)

holy shit... the chatter phone gives me the willies!!! Remove vote

What is this steaming pile of poo? I still need to read Rag, but Chatter's one post is a hit-and-run vote, and Rag immediately backs off him? Rag: What about this single post made you want to change a vote you previously seemed so hesitant to come off of?

So, I am relying un pure gut feeling right now. Nothing much to go on. I honestly don't have a strong case, or any case at all, against anyone. But as I read the dino, snake and puppet, something in my cotton-stuffed belly moved, as if I had sniffed some scum. And us dolls are known for always answering the call of the cotton... Oh and potato and unicorn also managed to move my cotton as I read through them. I could just be wrong, as it has been known to happen, but if we don't trust our gut, then... what's the whole point on day one?

So Rag says that he's suspicious of Potato and Unicorn. But earlier he said -

Of the two... I would be more comfortable lynching the unicorn, but a potato lynch i would also not mind. Yet not ready to vote on them just yet, still many people have not posted... and I'm still waiting for the chatter phone to chat a bit ;)

now since the other two lynches are more serious I have to analyze them before actually voting for either of them.. Although I really wouldn't mind lynching either of them.. from gut I believe the unicorn is a lot more obscure than the potato head

others that my gut found strange were:

dinosaur, puppet and wiggle snake

the unicorn was just about there in the ugh list, potato not so much, but since i didn't get a good vibe, per se, on him, don't actually care...

obscure = smelly, fishy, scummy, etc... fill in the blanks

That made it seem like he suspected Unicorn, but felt average about Potato. So what changed? Why did Potato go from average to suspicious?

Actually wouldn't mind Potato Head or Toy Unicorn, but the former is solely because he gave me nightmares as a child and is a bit arrogant and the latter does not seem likely to yield anything useful.

Can you explain the comment about Unicorn? you don't think lynching him will yield anything useful? why not?

There are way too many suspicious people in this game. More than I can ever remember seeing on day 1. quick list -

Jack in the box – parrot in early posts

Potato Head – over explanation of his opening post

Unicorn – strange over-answer re: votes against him, where he also talks about Truck’s 2nd vote on another player w/o explaining that he’s doing so

Snake – uptight/nervous

Dinosaur – over-helpful on exclamation points and later contradicts self when listing why I’m suspicious

RC Vehicle – over-explains his vote in an awkward post; follows Action + Lego in being “confused” about Rag Doll

Rag Doll – implies he’s narrowing choices to Unicorn + Potato for no reason; “not suspicious of anyone but everyone is scum”; changed opinion about Potato from average to suspicious; votes Chatter Phone and removes vote as soon as he shows up

Action Figure – association with RC

Plush Animal – echoes all the popular suspects, except not sure about case on Potato

Chatter Phone – post and run, votes for popular target

Rubber Duck – a few short posts with no content

Puppet – suspicious of Plush when Plush had only made 3 empty posts

Feel like most of the players have done something actively suspicious. And half of the remaining ones aren't listed because they've barely posted and can't be evaluated yet.

Over-explain is apparently our word of the day. and what do you know, here it is again - RC Vehicle over-explained his vote.

Please tell me how my post was "over-explaining". It was a 2 and a half line post that mentioned which two people I found most suspicious, and then said why I thought one was more suspicious than the other.

Let me translate his post - he doesn't want to just follow along with the crowd and suspect easy targets, so he's added a few sentences of his own to make his vote look legit.

Unless I'm interpreting this statement wrong, it doesn't make a lick of sense. We're talking about the first 5 or 6 pages of the thread- the only "crowd" at that point to follow was the 3 or 4 people voting for Unicorn. So because I didn't jump a bandwagon that started on the 3rd page with over 24 hours to go in day 1, I'm scum. And if I had jumped on the Unicorn bandwagon, I would have been a parrot playing follow the leader, and scum. Looks like when you want to see scum, you're going to see scum.

Just to be clear, what SHOULD I have done in your mind? You seem to have a problem with me "adding sentences to make my vote look legit" (as opposed to truly legit votes, which of course...don't use sentences?).

You're stretching, Dog. I'm not sure why me providing 3 sentences of context for my thoughts is suspicious to you. But when I take a look at your vote:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60312-mafia-85-the-nightmare-after-christmas/page__st__300__p__2888391#entry2888391

So basically, Dinosaur was suspicious of you and used the wrong phrase, then corrected himself 9 minutes later. Therefor he is scum. I guess compared to that kind of reasoning, me writing 3 sentences outlining my thoughts does seem like over-explaining.

Picking on RC some more. So Action is confused about Rag Doll, and Lego agrees, and then RC is confused too. looks like somebody set his remote control on "follow the leader" today.

You're cherry picking so much that I expect you to bake me a pie when this game is over. You declined to quote the post I made about Rag Doll 11 minutes BEFORE Action Figure said Rag came off as confusing. If you're going to look through someone's post history and try to fit them into a scum suit, at least read the whole thing. Additionally, every post you quoted concerning Rag Doll was made within 10 minutes of each other, reacting to the same couple of post by Rag. People don't all read the thread at the same time. Believe it or not, multiple people will occasionally have similar reactions to the same post.

Just for reference the "confusing" post from Rag Doll was this:

RC, I am not suspicious, to say something, about anyone yet. But at the same time I feel like everyone else is scum, not being scum myself.

Again, the chatter phone was a joke vote.

others that my gut found strange were:

dinosaur, puppet and wiggle snake

the unicorn was just about there in the ugh list, potato not so much, but since i didn't get a good vibe, per se, on him, don't actually care...

...Yeah. You find it suspicious that multiple people thought this post was confusing? I wouldn't find it suspicious if you DON'T find this post confusing.

Now, here's what seems really weird to me. You yourself called out Rag Dog for strange posts: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60312-mafia-85-the-nightmare-after-christmas/page__st__140__p__2887843#entry2887843

Your thought process here just doesn't add up.

To sum up your posts Slinky, you think Rag Doll is "strange" but its suspicious when I think he is "confusing". When I have an original opinion about who to vote for, I'm trying to make it seem like I'm not following the crowd and targeting easy suspects. When I agree with a crowd on something (Rag Doll having some very confusing posts), I'm Symping and playing follow the leader.

Did I miss any thing? All of this indisputable evidence makes me wonder why you haven't voted for me.

Ragdoll is too chaotic for me to effectively wrap my brain around this late. The whole thing with him and Chatter seems like badly fumbled distancing. I'll have to re-read Dino in the morning, but I was null-leaning-town on him earlier.

Chatter Phone, btw.

Looking forward to reading more from Truck/Duck/Puppet/Snake in the morning, because they're all flying under the radar (+Barbie, though I understand she was replaced so that's understandable). Back in ~8 hrs.

Archived