Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

I don't buy either Potato or Unicorn cases. Overdefensiveness doesn't count as scum tell nowadays.

Well, Potato was defensive only in the sense that his first post was defending why he hadn't posted earlier. Seems to me it was a pretty accurate scum tell last game. Unicorn wasn't being overdefensive, he was over-analysing the votes on himself ... which, ok, is kind of overdefensive. In my mind though it's slightly different. I'd say that's more damning as a type of defensiveness than say, what RC just exploded over. Unicorn was dispassionate, RC showed some fire.

My vote is going back to Unicorn as soon as Ducky rocks my world as promised.

We can just say Rag Doll is town, people should probably unvote and stuff. Like unvote rag doll. Not explaining why

<--- legit.

ATTN: People voting rag doll shouldn't be voting rag doll.

This has been a public service announcement.

:shocked:

OK, you're going to have to explain this. You literally called him out 3 minutes ago.

*waits to be rocked*

Not sure how rockin' this is, but it being Day 1 in all, these are mostly flimsy stuff, but the best I could muster given the posts so far.

Truck :: null read. hasn't posted anything of substance yet

Rag Doll :: contribution to the unicorn-or-potato discussion was notably inconsistent: Said she wouldn't mind voting for either of them one time, then says there were other players that her gut found strange, then says unicorn and potato made her gut feel strange too anyway. Strange indeed even though her vote on Dino seemed a reasonable enough vote to make for her.

Action Figure :: Stands out as one of the more assertive players so far. Has made a good number of pro-tone posts, with some of that zany, playful in-character posting going on, but my gut tells me that something about him is being faked/forced/done on purpose to seem not that threatening. To seem "not that threatening" towards the scum or towards the town, I can't really say.

Dinosaur :: Has been playing the silly card so far, trying to go with the flow and being as cooperative as possible. Traits I would expect from possible scum this early in the game, tbh.

Chatter Phone :: One post. 'nuff said.

Plush Animal :: Sounds pretty town so far. There are some funny posts and serious posts, a decent mix of stuff to keep things light for Day 1 yet still contributing enough to the discussion. If he's scum, he's doing a good job at it.

Slinky Dog :: Well aren't you a grouchy old dog? Seems the most uptight and no-nonsense player in the bunch so far, but I'm not getting scum vibes. Seems like his grouchiness is genuinely directed towards some Day 1 shakedown to get the scumhunting going.

Robot :: Not sure what was up with him trying to get people with vote limitations to claim; but other than that, his manner of posting - trying to pitch in possible strategies and throwing questions at people - seems genuinely townie enough.

Wiggle Snake :: null read. Has made some posts but just some stuff related to game mechanics and mucking about.

Puppet :: null read. hasn't posted anything of substance yet, although I agree with this. Dinosaur was being really silly with his pointing out the exclamation marks.

Lego Man :: Putting him in the same box as Action Figure, though less of the assertive, and more of the inquisitive one and I have more of a town read on him than AF.

Stick Pony :: null read, but I'm wary that his bad grammar excuse might be an effort to setup himself to just coast by and fly under the radar by not contributing too much.

Mr. Potato Head :: I'm not digging the accusations laid down by Robot and Slinky Dog on Potato Head when he came in. Nitpicking his manner of posting seemed forced, but I like how that eventually got reactions out of Potato Head that didn't sound particularly scummy to me.

Barbie :: Seems townie. And considering that there might be multiple millers doesn't seem too much of a stretch. I myself considered the possibility. It might have just been something to do with the wording of statements like "Millers are informed if they are millers," and "All millers are informed of being millers as per the mods. There are no secret millers," but the use of plural quantifiers (instead of usually singular quantifiers) might have planted the idea in my head that there might be multiple millers.

RC Vehicle :: The few posts that he's made concerning the game have been quite reasonably put and sounded townie, though I don't necessarily agree with some of them.

Toy Unicorn :: One of the few posters that have contributed so far with a minimal amount of side-talk. This doesn't necessarily prove anything about his alignment, but judging from the tone of his posts, my gut says that the Unicorn is town with the way he's been analyzing and challenging some players that he's picked out.

Jack-In-The-Box :: Play style feels most similar to that of Slinky Dog. Tone also sounds town.

So my scum reads seem to pretty much align with the vote-leaders at this point -- Rag Doll & Dinosaur. Of the two of them, I find silly & cooperative more suspicious than strange & inconsistent...

...so I'm voting for Dinosaur.

Also just a point regarding the numbers: We have 18 players, so I think it's safe to assume that there are fourteen (14) innocents. Whether we're up against 3 scum + 1 symp or 4 scum is the question. Just something to take note of for now.

Looks like I struck a nerve!

Please tell me how my post was "over-explaining". It was a 2 and a half line post that mentioned which two people I found most suspicious, and then said why I thought one was more suspicious than the other.

Its the nature of the post. You name a few suspects, and provide a vague reason without actually going into any detail. Then you dismiss one of them and vote for the other. Fits a style that the FM use all the time. You're trying to justify your vote without actually doing any of the work necessary to support it. Means you are either a lazy innocent or evil.

Also, like I said in my last sentence - "sometimes posts are just awkward and stand out. This one falls into that category."

Unless I'm interpreting this statement wrong, it doesn't make a lick of sense. We're talking about the first 5 or 6 pages of the thread- the only "crowd" at that point to follow was the 3 or 4 people voting for Unicorn. So because I didn't jump a bandwagon that started on the 3rd page with over 24 hours to go in day 1, I'm scum. And if I had jumped on the Unicorn bandwagon, I would have been a parrot playing follow the leader, and scum. Looks like when you want to see scum, you're going to see scum.

Just to be clear, what SHOULD I have done in your mind? You seem to have a problem with me "adding sentences to make my vote look legit" (as opposed to truly legit votes, which of course...don't use sentences?).

Support your suspicion with quotes and details, rather than a throwaway post that looks as if its designed to blend into the crowd.

And I never said that you should have voted for Unicorn instead. Its really not about what you did. Its about how you did it. And now its about your angry reaction to pressure.

You're stretching, Dog. I'm not sure why me providing 3 sentences of context for my thoughts is suspicious to you. But when I take a look at your vote:

http://asoiaf.wester...91#entry2888391

So basically, Dinosaur was suspicious of you and used the wrong phrase, then corrected himself 9 minutes later. Therefor he is scum. I guess compared to that kind of reasoning, me writing 3 sentences outlining my thoughts does seem like over-explaining.

My vote is about as good as it gets on day 1. Dinosaur = contradiction.

You're cherry picking so much that I expect you to bake me a pie when this game is over. You declined to quote the post I made about Rag Doll 11 minutes BEFORE Action Figure said Rag came off as confusing. If you're going to look through someone's post history and try to fit them into a scum suit, at least read the whole thing. Additionally, every post you quoted concerning Rag Doll was made within 10 minutes of each other, reacting to the same couple of post by Rag. People don't all read the thread at the same time. Believe it or not, multiple people will occasionally have similar reactions to the same post.

Just for reference the "confusing" post from Rag Doll was this:

...Yeah. You find it suspicious that multiple people thought this post was confusing? I wouldn't find it suspicious if you DON'T find this post confusing.

Now, here's what seems really weird to me. You yourself called out Rag Dog for strange posts: http://asoiaf.wester...43#entry2887843

Your thought process here just doesn't add up.

You just don't get it. I really don't care what you think of Rag Doll. And my suspicion of him is irrelevant. I care about your word choice.

Did I miss any thing? All of this indisputable evidence makes me wonder why you haven't voted for me.

Did I say it was indisputable? Why have my posts gotten you so angry? Your overreaction is kind of hilarious, and makes me think you must be pretty inexperienced if you are evil.

Also...so many suspects, so few votes to pass around. :(

Doll has a couple of posts without ellipses, but I see what you're saying. It's kind of the feeling that I got from her post listing her suspects earlier. It didn't have the same feel - it was more concise, but not entirely different. Anyway, I prolly wouldn't have voted for her today anyway.

Rubber Duck

This just sounds so generic and idk it could be applied to more than one player imo.

Plush Animal :: Sounds pretty town so far. There are some funny posts and serious posts, a decent mix of stuff to keep things light for Day 1 yet still contributing enough to the discussion. If he's scum, he's doing a good job at it.

If you are town please help me the light as to why Plush Animal looks pretty town by some elaboration.

I daycopped him. Mods told he was Innocent. Thanks for making me out myself. FUCK.

Wait. 20 minutes ago you figured out from the mods that he was innocent?

Both the mods said they were going to sleep.

Zar-Mod is off duty until The Morning Sun vanishes the Horrible Night. See you in 7 hours!

Be gentle with the thread don't implode it :P

Mina-mod is going to bed. You'll be alone until Zar wakes up tomorrow morning.

I think you're lying.

OR I just saw something that made him town that REALLY is unlikely to come from scum and at the very least can wait another day.

So are you claiming to be a cop or not? I don't like this.

Wait. 20 minutes ago you figured out from the mods that he was innocent?

Both the mods said they were going to sleep.

I think you're lying.

So are you claiming to be a cop or not? I don't like this.

RC... please drop it. It will not help the town if you insist on this matter. Let things unfold as they are to unfold.

Explain that town read on Plush in more detail b/c it looks WTF from where I'm sitting. (I'm standing actually, as you can see from my avatar)

It just means to say that Plush's posts have all fallen within the bounds of what seems like a reasonable amount of mucking about but at the same time contributing enough to the discussion. He has made reads both on request and on his own accord and see nothing suspicious about it thus far.

Archived