Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

Also just a point regarding the numbers: We have 18 players, so I think it's safe to assume that there are fourteen (14) innocents. Whether we're up against 3 scum + 1 symp or 4 scum is the question. Just something to take note of for now.

There IS a sympathizer. Says so in the roles.

You have a lot of town-ish reads. Like, a lot. The ones that stood out to me, however were the ones on Stick-Pony and Action Figure. You set them both up for reasons to doubt them later on. Pony Boy because of the language barrier and Thor because he seems forced? Give me an example of this please. That and the whole "My thoughts, have them" posts always twinges a reflex in me. A reflex that softly whispers eeeeevvvil ....

Not. Rocked. Vote stays.

RC... please drop it. It will not help the town if you insist on this matter. Let things unfold as they are to unfold.

Action Figure just claimed to be a cop who got information from the mods that you are innocent...and both mods are asleep.

You don't see a problem with that?

Zar or Mina, if one of you is awake, please post so that we know Action Figure's story could be true. Otherwise, the guy just flat out lied.

Rubber Duck

This just sounds so generic and idk it could be applied to more than one player imo.

If you are town please help me the light as to why Plush Animal looks pretty town by some elaboration.

It's one read out of eighteen. On Day 1. Some reads are bound to come across as generic this early and with this many players in the game.

Sorry, but it's sucking.

Mentioning every sinlge player in the game with null read on most of them and no strong opinions at all, that's definitely the scumtell in my book.

You expect people to have strong opinions on Day 1?

Umm.. and rubber duck... are you trying to cause confusion? or did you miss the part where the mods actually wrote that there are 3 killers and 1 symp?? so 4 killers is out of the picture...

Yeah I missed that part.

I'd rather read a post like Slinky's where everyone is scummy rather than yours where every one is eh ...ok. It makes me feel better about Slink than I do about you by a long shot. FM have to make stuff up on people, and it's not easy. At least Doll had some vague gut feelings. Sure, she got jumped on for it, but she had some opinions.

RC - Action Figure was joking. He just feels that confident in his read right now.

His opinion suddenly changed and he declared with certainty that Rag was innocent and we should all remove our votes from him. His justification for this was information from mods that we know he couldn't have got. That doesn't come from being confident of a read. That was weird.

You have a lot of town-ish reads. Like, a lot.

Well, there are a lot of townies. Like, a lot. Like, 14 out of 18. So how questionable is it really that someone would have a lot of town reads?

The ones that stood out to me, however were the ones on Stick-Pony and Action Figure. You set them both up for reasons to doubt them later on.

And what's wrong with that? In a game like this where no townie can be sure of anyone else for pretty much the entire game, what's wrong with acknowledging a margin for error or a reason for doubt, especially when you know that it's this early in the game?

...and Thor because he seems forced? Give me an example of this please.

You're asking me to explain a gut feeling?

Duck, it's questionable that you ONLY have two scum reads and they happen to be the vote leaders. And I don't see what you did to AF and Pony Boy to be a margin for error, I see it as undermining their credibility. Especially Pony Boy. You're seriously going to cast doubt on him for his English skills? We haven't even seen him post much. When he does and what he says seems scummy, then you can jump on it. Doing so beforehand just seems underhanded. And yes - I'd like you to try and explain your gut. I know it's not always explainable, but there has to be something - some phrase or pattern that makes you uneasy.

People do have them at times. Look at AF, for example.

And people don't have them at times as well. In fact, it would be more reasonable to expect a player NOT to have strong opinions at this stage of the game. Opinions? Yes. Strong opinions? Nice to have, but not to be expected, and much less required.

And you haven't explained why you should mentioned everybody, Rubber Duck.

Because I like running down the list of players. Going over everyone one-by-one helps me analyze the game more systematically and having them all in the open presents an opportunity to bounce those ideas off the other players, for them to react on it so that people can have more information to work with.

Duck, t's questionable that you ONLY have two scum reads and they happen to be the vote leaders.

Fair enough. I recognized that this would be a risk when I placed my post, but that's how I read the players and it just happened to align with the votes at the time.

And I don't see what you did to AF and Pony Boy to be a margin for error, I see it as undermining their credibility. Especially Pony Boy. You're seriously going to cast doubt on him for his English skills? We haven't even seen him post much. When he does and what he says seems scummy, then you can jump on it. Doing so beforehand just seems underhanded.

on Stick Pony :: Where in what I said am I casting doubt on Pony? I said that I'm wary because his grammar excuse might lead to people accepting that he can relatively fly by and coast through the game. It's more of a cautionary note directed to the rest of the players than anything else.

on Action Figure :: Did I not say that he was being assertive and has made a good number of pro-town posts? How is that even undermining anything?

So, what is the difference of "undermining their credibility" and "having a margin of error" for you and why do you feel that my reads fall into the former and not in the latter? Because it seems like you've done a considerable amount of twisting what I have said to make it fit into the former category.

And yes - I'd like you to try and explain your gut. I know it's not always explainable, but there has to be something - some phrase or pattern that makes you uneasy.

What makes me uneasy is that Action Figure goes from assertive-bad-cop on one post and then silly joker the next. The stark contrast is what makes me feel uneasy.

Actually Duck - I would really, really like you to whip up a quick tiers posting. I have come up with what I think your tiers will look like and I want to see how close I came.

Tit-for-tat, Lego Man. I have some questions above that I'd like to see you answer first and I'll work on dem tiers while you do.

Archived