Mafia 85: The Nightmare After Christmas

House Targaryen

Jesus this thread has moved fast...

Miller claiming before the Day ends sounds legit. I half-skimmed through the pages I missed. Didn't see a claim yet.

Not sure about those roles with voting restrictions though. Why would we want them to claim right now too?

They would want to claim so that the psychiatrist can tell them if they are sane or not.

But if the psych would inform people of their sanity, he would have to do it publicly. Wouldn't the psych have to out himself in that case and be in danger of being NK'd?

Jesus this thread has moved fast...

Miller claiming before the Day ends sounds legit. I half-skimmed through the pages I missed. Didn't see a claim yet.

Not sure about those roles with voting restrictions though. Why would we want them to claim right now too?

But if the psych would inform people of their sanity, he would have to do it publicly. Wouldn't the psych have to out himself in that case and be in danger of being NK'd?

they can just sort of give it away in code, for that person to decipher, or yes, out themselves for that matter... someone said that this ought to be done if the person with the insane roll thinks it is utterly necessary to help innocents win... and I agree with this.

ohh didn't know about that... can the mods clarify this?

Insane:

Well, the first step to not being insane is acknowledging it. Right? It just happens you'll have to figure your sanity or lack thereof on your own, since insanity will make your ability do the exact opposite of what is described. If you are not told in your role PM that there is a chance you may be insane, you may safely assume that you are sane.

Fly-by before my parting for a while. After a quick-re-read, am I the only one that doesn't like the miller-claiming today? Doesn't seem like a good strategie to me. The killers can just decide for one of them to role-claim this. If there is only one miller, yes, the miller can then counter-claim. But what if there isn't? What if there is more than one miller? So you can have like 3 people role claim miller. "Oh yes, we'll believe you all!" or we just lynch them all?

Insane:

Well, the first step to not being insane is acknowledging it. Right? It just happens you'll have to figure your sanity or lack thereof on your own, since insanity will make your ability do the exact opposite of what is described. If you are not told in your role PM that there is a chance you may be insane, you may safely assume that you are sane.

yes.. that's that... but the question is if they get a pm from the mods once the psychiatrist "treats" them, in order to see if they truly are or not insane...

So bottom line.. if you got something about insanity in your pm, then it means that you are either sane or insane, it needs to be clarified by the psych.. but if you didn't get something of sorts, no need for the psych in the first place.. you just know you are sane...

Am i making myself clear? That's what I understood about it all. Any one else thought of this the same way?

So to me the question to the mods still stands.. when a psych "treats" someone.. do they get a pm confirming or dismissing their sanity? or does the psych have to figure out a way to let them know?

Psychiatrist:

The only person capable of diagnosing insanity. At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his sanity will be reported to him before the Next Day via PM.

That's not a very clear statement

I think it should be " At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his THE PLAYER's sanity will be reported to him THE PSYCHIATRIST before the Next Day via PM."

But I will ask the mods to verify this

Psychiatrist:

The only person capable of diagnosing insanity. At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his sanity will be reported to him before the Next Day via PM.

what I get of this is that the psych will get the result in a PM, not the targeted player... again my question still stands...

I think it should be " At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his THE PLAYER's sanity will be reported to him THE PSYCHIATRIST before the Next Day via PM."

exactly...

I read it like:"At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his THE PLAYER&'s sanity will be reported to him THE PLAYER before the Next Day via PM."

Yeah, it would be better for the mods to clarify the issue since it could also be interpreted as:

"At night, the Psychiatrist may choose to target a given player and his THE PLAYER's sanity will be reported to him THAT PLAYER before the Next Day via PM."

Archived