The moment you got surprised in a GOOD way

Cap Ou Pas Cap

Most scenes in aSoIaF that blow your head off are profoundly sad. What were twists you were pleased to read about?

My first choice is the revelation that Mirri Maz Duur did not try to save Drogo, she as good as killed him.

While this might seem odd, but I think her act was very logical and brave. And I cheer logic and courage. This was the first sign that we are getting a different story with real motivations too. In any other tale MMD would have been portrayed as eternaly grateful to Daenerys.

The other one would be Jaime comig back for Brienne. And even finding her still a maiden and fit for rescue :rolleyes:

It was cool to read how Daenerys emerges from the flames with three dragons too. But that was hardly a surprise for me.

What else?

I agree with Jaime going back to save Brienne, although I wasn't really surprised.

Tyrion helping Sansa when Joff was humilliating her in front of everyone.

And right now I don't remember anything else...

when jon snow ordered the death of janos slynt...

Yep!

Another one was Arya's.

“Gods be good,” he said in a choked voice. “Arya Underfoot? Lem, let go of her.”

“She broke my nose.” Lem dumped her unceremoniously to the floor. “Who in seven hells is she supposed to be?”

“The Hand’s daughter.” Harwin went to one knee before her. “Arya Stark, of Winterfell.”

I was so happy he recognized her!

And of course, Jaime going back for Brienne. And the unexpected bath bonding. Oh, and I cheered when this happened:

“I had six years on her, yet the wench could look me in the eye. She was a sow in silk, though most sows have bigger teats. When she tried to talk she almost choked on her own tongue. I gave her a rose and told her it was all that she would ever have from me.” Connington glanced into the pit. “The bear was less hairy than that freak, I’ll—”

Jaime’s golden hand cracked him across the mouth so hard the other knight went stumbling down the steps.

Can you tell what my favorite couple is, btw?

Archived