[TWoW, TMK Spoilers] Bran, Bloodraven, Theon & Dragons

Proposition

I don't know if your being serious or if your just trying to get a rise from people (what's that called trolling?)

Nobody is saying that the story will have a happy fairy tale ending, but your hypothetical ending makes no sense, and would be an awful way to end the story.

You think that Dany is going to want to kill anyone who is associated with the names Baratheon and Stark, but I don't agree with that. Like I explained in one of my last posts, Dany will most likely get the hard honest truth about Roberts Rebellion from Tyrion. If not from Jorah or Barristan or all three of them, before she makes it to Westeros.

Dany won't want everyone to think she is crazy just because her father was, so even if Dany does still hate the "Usurpers dogs", why would she blame the Stark kids for something their dad did? When she won't want people to hold her accountable for the actions of Mad King Aerys?

And you still haven't explained how these "ice dragons" will come into play?

And I for the life of me cannot figure out why everyone and there mother has such a hard on for Darkstar???? How is it you think Darkstar will become so important? Despite being just now brought into the story?

And if you think Dany is going to be working with Aegon, then I think you should go back an do a reread, and start reading in between the lines a little bit (Specifically anything to do with Aegon the fake)

I would definitely reread the House of the Undying chapter though if I were you...... Bugger that, I would reread most of the books if I were you.

I knew it was because I said DarkStar lol

Have you read the Ice Dragon by any chance? That's where I got the ice dragon from.if you haven't heard of The Ice Dragon story I will happily give a summary.

Now as to Darkstar being recently introduced and being a minor character, Young Griff was introduced later than Darkstar as well but he's already a huge player in the Game of thrones.

And I believe Aegon is a fake as well, check out the Aegon is fake insane Evidence thread if you haven't.

Now sure the Starks are kids but Dany and Viserys were/are kids as well but that didn't stop Robert from hunting them down now did it? If Dany was to assume the Throne letting these two families exist would really... hurt her rule if the Starks or Baratheons would prosper. It's the same as Jon snow taking over the north but letting the Boltons and Freys still live. Can you see what I'm getting at?

For whatever reasons Ned and Robert rebelled against the mad king doesn't matter, they still Rebelled. And Robert still hunted Dany and Viserys. But what's your ending though I'm curious.

As to why I picked Darkstar, idk it's just a feeling I got about him *shrug* the third dragon rider could be Hodor for all I care.

I knew it was because I said DarkStar lol

Have you read the Ice Dragon by any chance? That's where I got the ice dragon from.if you haven't heard of The Ice Dragon story I will happily give a summary.

Now as to Darkstar being recently introduced and being a minor character, Young Griff was introduced later than Darkstar as well but he's already a huge player in the Game of thrones.

And I believe Aegon is a fake as well, check out the Aegon is fake insane Evidence thread if you haven't.

Now sure the Starks are kids but Dany and Viserys were/are kids as well but that didn't stop Robert from hunting them down now did it? If Dany was to assume the Throne letting these two families exist would really... hurt her rule if the Starks or Baratheons would prosper. It's the same as Jon snow taking over the north but letting the Boltons and Freys still live. Can you see what I'm getting at?

For whatever reasons Ned and Robert rebelled against the mad king doesn't matter, they still Rebelled. And Robert still hunted Dany and Viserys. But what's your ending though I'm curious.

As to why I picked Darkstar, idk it's just a feeling I got about him *shrug* the third dragon rider could be Hodor for all I care.

I know about the Ice dragon story, im just curious on how you think that will be incorporated into this story. I don't see it happening mainly because there isn't enough time to incorperate ice dragons into the story and make it realistic(I mean realistic for a fantasy even). The ice dragons would need to grow super fast, or magically be full size. Not to mention training them and stuff. Dany's dragons have been in the story pretty much since the beginning, that's why the are more realistic. I just don't see a way to incorporate ice dragons without making it majorly contrived and "deus ex machina". For the record I don't consider Dany's Dragon's, or people being resurrected, or anything really, as deus ex machina. However if ice dragons came into the story all of the sudden and were able to beat Dany's dragons that have been growing for a free years now, that would seem a little deus ex machina to even me.

You compared Darkstar to Aegon, saying that Aegon was just introduced, and he is now a major player. I don't think you can compare the two, we have heard about Aegon sence GoT, and Aegon had a lot more pages in ADwD. I also don't think Aegon will be a major player for long, and I just think it would be pretty cheep if Darkstar was any kind of dragon rider. We the readers have nothing invested in Darkstar, in comparison to almost every other character. So I just can't see Darkstar becoming a dragon rider, or a major player, and if he does I won't be to happy about it.

(Again I honestly can not understand all the hype about Darkstar)

I don't understand your analogy with Jon and the Bolton's. Had Ramsey Bolton been innocent in crimes done to the Starks, I don't think Jon would hold it against Ramsey, for what Roose did. That's why the analogy doesn't work, because unlike Jon, Ramsey did take part in the downfall of house Stark. Jon had nothing to do with the downfall of the Targaryen's.

I actually believe that Jorah and Tyrion will explain to Dany that if she wants to hold the North then she will have to ally with a Stark. Not to mention when Dany learns about the Others, then I believe she will lay down her differences and join with the Starks no matter what, wether Tyrion and co change her mind or not.

Had Ned, Robert and Jon Arryn been alive I could see what your saying as far as Dany fighting against those houses, but they are all dead. Stannis was following orders from his brother, and none of the Stark kids had anything to do with the Rebellion. So again I can't see Dany opposing the Starks or Baratheons, unless they oppose Dany, especially once Tyrion, Barristan, and Jorah explain everything to Dany. Just like when Tyrion made Jon open his eyes to the truth about the Nights Watch, I think Tyrion will do the same thing to Dany as far as making her see the truth behind Roberts Rebellion, and the Madness of king Aerys.

Jon is with Stannis. Jon is the Bastard son of Ned and stannis played a role in Danys family exile. Stannis even tried to capture Dany and her brother. Ned led the destruction of the Targs.

If Dany returns to Westeros these Two will have to be eliminated. Well mostly Hoise Stark and Baretheon.

I dont know, i think that we will have to wait to see what happens when Jon (hopefully) is raised and starts to fit the prophecy of being AA (especially if N+A=J, and he brandishes his uncle's sword) more than Stannis. Stannis wont like this, but with the amount of Wildlings and giants arriving he wont have much of a say about it.

I dont know, i think that we will have to wait to see what happens when Jon (hopefully) is raised and starts to fit the prophecy of being AA (especially if N+A=J, and he brandishes his uncle's sword) more than Stannis. Stannis wont like this, but with the amount of Wildlings and giants arriving he wont have much of a say about it.

You really believe N+A=J? Over R+L=J ???

From your post it seems that you pretty much believe Jon to be Azor Ahai. That's what I believe, but I'm curious to know how you think N+A=J is even possible, given all the evidence we have R+L=J seems far more probable. Also I think R+L=J fits in better with Jon being Azor Ahai, way more so than N+A=J.

Side note, why do so, so, so, many people think that Dawn is going to be Lightbringer??? Just because it's called Dawn? And there was once a battle for the Dawn against the Others?

I dint know, I just never have thought The Sword Dawn to be Lightbringer(Dawn wasn't even Dragon and spell forged steel, like a Valyrian Blade)

Jon is with Stannis. Jon is the Bastard son of Ned and stannis played a role in Danys family exile. Stannis even tried to capture Dany and her brother. Ned led the destruction of the Targs. If Dany returns to Westeros these Two will have to be eliminated. Well mostly Hoise Stark and Baretheon.

Well, if she stays arrogant the way she is now about the truth and the event that happened then yes, she won't be fond of Jon, as he is Lord Eddard Stark's bastard son. + Jon is not with Stannis, he is with NW, and if she knew anything about Westeros, she would know that NW is not with anybody but with themselves.

I wouldn't blame Starks for that rebellion, half (even more) of that family died even before the rebellion because of her father and brother (well, Lyanna is also responsible). I wouldn't be surprised if Dany knew the truth about Rickard and Brandon's death she would feel disgust towards her own father, I would. The problem is she doesn't want to know anything concerning bad sides of her family (I don't blame her, it's understandable). It's hard to realize that the mostly responsible ones are your own family, but not some usurper. She thinks like Jorah, who blames Ned, while he himself is the only one responsible for his bad fate.

I would really like to see her "enlightenment", when she finally learns something useful and truthful about her family.

By the way, you forgot Lannisters: Jaime killed Aerys, Tywin…well, we know what he did…and so does Barristan.

Additionally, Barristan also knows that Ned was the only one trying to defend her, even not knowing her. + Ned had reasons for that rebellion more than anyone there: first his sister (probably, you would say "a big deal - Rhaegar was a Prince…"but she was from very-very ancient family, very powerful family, her "kidnapping" was a little bit stupid), death of both his father and brother, cruel ugly death for nothing, without trial or even without being guilty. I would join the rebellion as well in such circumstances! And I think if she would be in those circumstances, she would do that too. I would try to save my sister as well, it seems it was what Ned was trying to do.

ETA: sorry, I was so exited to write this post that I've not read the later ones. Our opinions are related: if Dany will stay arrogant not discovering the truth about those events, she will hate Jon.

You really believe N+A=J? Over R+L=J ???

From your post it seems that you pretty much believe Jon to be Azor Ahai. That's what I believe, but I'm curious to know how you think N+A=J is even possible, given all the evidence we have R+L=J seems far more probable. Also I think R+L=J fits in better with Jon being Azor Ahai, way more so than N+A=J.

Side note, why do so, so, so, many people think that Dawn is going to be Lightbringer??? Just because it's called Dawn? And there was once a battle for the Dawn against the Others?

I dint know, I just never have thought The Sword Dawn to be Lightbringer(Dawn wasn't even Dragon and spell forged steel, like a Valyrian Blade)

Yeah, I think that it is very possible that N+A=J based on the evidence given by Barristan (the most honorable man in the entire realm). I do know and like the R+L=J theory(and even rooting for it), but at this time i just think that the foremention has more concrete evidence. I also think that Lightbringer is not Dawn, but just a glamored sword. Jon (assuming he somehow survives) will have to claim the legendary weapon.

The search function of this forum didn't turn up anything on this topic, but if this is already being discussed somewhere let me know.

Could Bran and Bloodraven hatch their own dragon egg?

We know from The Mystery Knight that Bloodraven was at one time in possession of a dragon egg, and with no information to the contrary we can assume he still is. From the Christmas Gift chapter it's apparent that Bran and/or Bloodraven as well as Asha want Stannis (who intends to kill Theon) to take Theon to a nearby weirwood tree. In A Game of Thrones it's shown that some sort of sacrifice is required to hatch dragon eggs. Both Theon and Dany's unborn child share a sort of "king's blood" which is apparently of great importance when it comes to casting spells.

Unfortunately, I don't have my books on hand to reread Bran's chapters to see if this holds some weight. If anyone has read them recently - did you notice any references to strange egg shaped rocks?

Finally, a few points that throw some doubt on my theory:

1. Bran seems to be trying to help Theon throughout ADWD, trying to get him to remember his name. He also doesn't strike me as someone willing to sacrifice a person he's known all his life, even after the terrible things Theon has done to his home.

2. Asha is most likely just trying to give her brother a clean death or attempt an escape. I doubt she's weak-willed enough to be warged or manipulated by Bran/Bloodraven.

3. The type of magic that Bloodraven wields isn't the same as a shadowbinder's - king's blood or a sacrifice may not be required. If it isn't, an explanation for Bloodraven not already hatching his egg could be that the assistance of a more powerful greenseer (Bran) is required.

4. Finally, how useful could a baby dragon even be? Dany's dragons served well to rally people to her, but took 5 books to actually be useful in combat. Bloodraven/Bran are both incapable of leaving their cave at the moment, so they wouldn't be able to use the dragon to bring people to their cause (whatever that may be) and there doesn't seem to be enough time left in the series for it to even rival Viserion, the weakest of Dany's dragons, even if it was allowed to grow unrestricted.

Either way, I still feel this a topic worthy of discussion. What say you?

How does Asha Greyjoy know anything about Ned Stark? How does she even know what a weirwood tree IS? Do they have them in the Iron Islands? How did she know that Ned Stark would have executed Theon himself? How does she know a single thing about the North? I don't think that's her, guys. The narrative even says that her voice sounds strange, deeper or something.

Yeah, I think that it is very possible that N+A=J based on the evidence given by Barristan (the most honorable man in the entire realm). I do know and like the R+L=J theory(and even rooting for it), but at this time i just think that the foremention has more concrete evidence. I also think that Lightbringer is not Dawn, but just a glamored sword. Jon (assuming he somehow survives) will have to claim the legendary weapon.

N+A=J does not have more concrete evidance than R+L=J, I'm sorry but N+A=J just isn't possible. Also you said you believe in N+A=J is very possible based on the evidence from Ser Barristan, the most honorable man in the entire realm. Its partly because of Ser Barristan and his honorable nature, why I believe N+A=J is impossible. Your basically putting a lot of stock in what Ser Barristan said about Ned and Ashara, yet the funny thing is, Ser Barristan said Ashara Dayne had a stillborn girl. So what do you make of that? How do you put so much credibility in what Ser Barristan said in ADwD, and then forget the part about Ashara's baby being a stillborn girl??? I mean you said it yourself that Ser Barristan is the most honorable man in the entire realm, why would he lie about it being a stillborn girl? Furthermore why would Ned lie about Jon's mother saying she was Wylla to Robert? When do you think Ned got Ashara pregnant? Because we know when Jon was born and the timeline doesn't add up.

It only makes since that Ned would lie to Catelyn and Robert, if Ned was trying to cover up R+L=J. None of it makes any sense with N+A=J.

What would be the point of Lightbringer if its just a glamored sword? If that was the case then Stannis would have Lightbringer. The only reason why you think Lightbringer will be Dawn the ancestral blade of the Dayne family, is because you believe that Jon is halo Dayne. There is absolutely nothing to support Dawn being Lightbringer. It is really only wishful thinking, if Lightbringer is just any old glamored Sword, then why not Longclaw?

And if Lightbringer is just a glamored sword, then it wouldn't radiate heat, so then that means it wouldnt actually be Lightbringer, and it would be just some glamored sword. I'm not even sure Lightbringer is an actual sword, but If it is, then it makes no since at all for it to be just a glamored sword.

How does Asha Greyjoy know anything about Ned Stark? How does she even know what a weirwood tree IS? Do they have them in the Iron Islands? How did she know that Ned Stark would have executed Theon himself? How does she know a single thing about the North? I don't think that's her, guys. The narrative even says that her voice sounds strange, deeper or something.

You make it sound like Asha Greyjoy is a retard or something. Asha would need to know a thing or two about the North considering she has been living close to the North her whole life, that's where her brother was taken to live, and that's where her father planned on attacking. Also Asha has been a captive among Stannis's camp, the main person she talks to and hangs out with is Alysane Mormont. So it is very likely that Asha has learned a lot about the North and Ned from Alysane considering they spend a lot of time together. We know that Asha and Alysane went out to the islet In ADwD, so if Asha didn't know what a Weirwood was, I am sure Alysane told Asha what it was then.

But If the Wildlings know about the Starks and Ned and stuff, then I think it's very likely the daughter of the Lord of the Island Islands would also know about the Starks and Ned, especially when you consider Asha's brother was Eddard Starks Ward for most of his life.

It doesn't say Asha's voice sounded different, it says, "The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains". There is just no way Asha was Warged or anything. I think it's possible that Asha was influenced by Bran through what the ravens were saying, or something like that, but she wasn't warged. When Vayamir tryed to Warg Thistle in ADwD, Thistle went bonkers!

You might be able to say that Bran is more powerful than Vayamir was, but at the same time Asha is probably way more willful than Thistle was. So I just don't think it's possible that Asha was "Warged", because if she was then she would have gone crazy just like Thistle did.

Well, if she stays arrogant the way she is now about the truth and the event that happened then yes, she won't be fond of Jon, as he is Lord Eddard Stark's bastard son. + Jon is not with Stannis, he is with NW, and if she knew anything about Westeros, she would know that NW is not with anybody but with themselves.

I wouldn't blame Starks for that rebellion, half (even more) of that family died even before the rebellion because of her father and brother (well, Lyanna is also responsible). I wouldn't be surprised if Dany knew the truth about Rickard and Brandon's death she would feel disgust towards her own father, I would. The problem is she doesn't want to know anything concerning bad sides of her family (I don't blame her, it's understandable). It's hard to realize that the mostly responsible ones are your own family, but not some usurper. She thinks like Jorah, who blames Ned, while he himself is the only one responsible for his bad fate.

I would really like to see her "enlightenment", when she finally learns something useful and truthful about her family.

By the way, you forgot Lannisters: Jaime killed Aerys, Tywin…well, we know what he did…and so does Barristan.

Additionally, Barristan also knows that Ned was the only one trying to defend her, even not knowing her. + Ned had reasons for that rebellion more than anyone there: first his sister (probably, you would say "a big deal - Rhaegar was a Prince…"but she was from very-very ancient family, very powerful family, her "kidnapping" was a little bit stupid), death of both his father and brother, cruel ugly death for nothing, without trial or even without being guilty. I would join the rebellion as well in such circumstances! And I think if she would be in those circumstances, she would do that too. I would try to save my sister as well, it seems it was what Ned was trying to do.

ETA: sorry, I was so exited to write this post that I've not read the later ones. Our opinions are related: if Dany will stay arrogant not discovering the truth about those events, she will hate Jon.

Agreed and this is where Tyrion comes in. We all know, unlike Barristan, he will have no compuction about tellind Dany the truth about her crazy father. I think once it's known what he did to the Starks she will have more compassion towards them. As we've seen before when Barristan was telling her about Ned's opposition of Robert sending assassins after her, she wouldnt listen because she didnt want to see the "usurpers" in a good light but again where Barristan just let it go Tyrion will pushing it until she sees the truth. A question i have is how will Dany receive Tyrion with him being a Lannister and not having the backing of either Barristan or Jorah. But i think the fact the he killed his father who, presented robert with the dead bodies of her niece and nephew, will allow her to accept him. I don't think Dany will make a big deal of kin-killing as she watched her brother get deep fried with gold and didnt even try to stop them.

Agreed and this is where Tyrion comes in. We all know, unlike Barristan, he will have no compuction about tellind Dany the truth about her crazy father. I think once it's known what he did to the Starks she will have more compassion towards them. As we've seen before when Barristan was telling her about Ned's opposition of Robert sending assassins after her, she wouldnt listen because she didnt want to see the "usurpers" in a good light but again where Barristan just let it go Tyrion will pushing it until she sees the truth. A question i have is how will Dany receive Tyrion with him being a Lannister and not having the backing of either Barristan or Jorah. But i think the fact the he killed his father who, presented robert with the dead bodies of her niece and nephew, will allow her to accept him. I don't think Dany will make a big deal of kin-killing as she watched her brother get deep fried with gold and didnt even try to stop them.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I have said half a dozen times recently that Tyrion will shed some light on Roberts Rebellion and the "usurpers dogs", thus making Dany see the truth. Also Tyrion was a friend to Jon so I can see Tyrion advising Dany to make an alliance whith Jon.

I don't think Dany is fine with kinslaying in general, but in Tyrion's case with Tywin, I don't think Dany will hold it against him.

I do however disagree with you when you said Dany just allowed Viserys to be killed. What could Dany have done to stop Drogo? And had Drogo not killed Viserys another Khal would have, I don't think Drogo had any choice, sure he probably wanted to kill Viserys, but had he spared him for Dany's sake, then that would make Drogo look weak. Also Ser Jorah was worried that he and Dany would be killed for what Viserys was doing, that's how serious of a crime it was, so in my opinion Dany couldn't have stopped Viserys death no matter what, and in my opinion it's good that she didn't try to stop Drogo.

But yeah I can't blame Dany for not wanting to learn the hard truth about her father, but that doesn't mean I am not excited for Tyrion to force her to learn and accept that truth.

But yeah I can't blame Dany for not wanting to learn the hard truth about her father, but that doesn't mean I am not excited for Tyrion to force her to learn and accept that truth.

actually, I blame her. It's not like she has a lot of precious memory of her father playing with her or whatever. All she have is a bunch of fairytale stories about how fantastic was her father as a king etc. from her crazy brother. And she know that Viserys was 100% mythomaniac.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I have said half a dozen times recently that Tyrion will shed some light on Roberts Rebellion and the "usurpers dogs", thus making Dany see the truth. Also Tyrion was a friend to Jon so I can see Tyrion advising Dany to make an alliance whith Jon.

I don't think Dany is fine with kinslaying in general, but in Tyrion's case with Tywin, I don't think Dany will hold it against him.

I do however disagree with you when you said Dany just allowed Viserys to be killed. What could Dany have done to stop Drogo? And had Drogo not killed Viserys another Khal would have, I don't think Drogo had any choice, sure he probably wanted to kill Viserys, but had he spared him for Dany's sake, then that would make Drogo look weak. Also Ser Jorah was worried that he and Dany would be killed for what Viserys was doing, that's how serious of a crime it was, so in my opinion Dany couldn't have stopped Viserys death no matter what, and in my opinion it's good that she didn't try to stop Drogo.

I agree she couldn't have stopped it but, and maybe i'm misremembering, I got the feeling that even internally she had a "oh well you act the fool that's what you get" attitude instead of being horrified because her only family member was being murdered.

actually, I blame her. It's not like she has a lot of precious memory of her father playing with her or whatever. All she have is a bunch of fairytale stories about how fantastic was her father as a king etc. from her crazy brother. And she know that Viserys was 100% mythomaniac.

Dany still had an idea of who her father was from Viserys, sure Viserys gave Dany a skewed version of the truth, but Dany still grew up thinking her family was in the right. Nobody would want to hear that there father was a horrible monster, wether you have personal memories with them or not. It's not like Ser Barristan or Jorah told Dany the full truth and then she called them liars. Dany has barely been told anything, and she has even told Ser Barristan that one day she wants Ser Barristan to tell her everything, the good and the bad. So again I can't blame Dany for being in denial, who wouldn't be? If you were told your whole life that your family was destroyed wrongfully by a usurper, that would be a hard thing to accept the truth.

Is there something in the Dunk and Egg stories which suggests Bloodraven had a dragon egg? And if so, how and where he lost it and it turned up in Pentos?

last we hear Bloodraven tells dunk that he has the egg in a safe place. Somewhere between there and this cave he is in, something happens to his egg and his sword, Night Sister. I think that most likely they would be at the wall. I like to think they're hidden and Jon Snow will find them, furthering the Azor Ahai prophesy, that he will hatch dragons. I'm not sure if when he was sent to the wall he would be allowed to bring his stuff, but if not, i have no clue where they are.

last we hear Bloodraven tells dunk that he has the egg in a safe place. Somewhere between there and this cave he is in, something happens to his egg and his sword, Night Sister. I think that most likely they would be at the wall. I like to think they're hidden and Jon Snow will find them, furthering the Azor Ahai prophesy, that he will hatch dragons. I'm not sure if when he was sent to the wall he would be allowed to bring his stuff, but if not, i have no clue where they are.

Bloodraven's sword was called Dark Sister, not Night Sister.

But I like your theory that Bloodraven's sword and egg could be at the Wall. I kind of like the idea of Jon getting an ancestral Targaryen Valyrian Steel sword because of who Jon's father was (R+L=J), but at the same time Jon already has Longclaw. I would be kind of sad of Jon stopped using Longclaw because The old Bear gave Jon that sword. Maybe Jon can use both, one representing his Stark side(Longclaw), and one representing his Targaryen side(Dark Sister). Maybe Jon could wear Longclaw on his belt, and Dark Sister across his back, how bad ass are you if you have to Valyrian Steel Swords? Especially if one of those swords gets turned into Lightbringer? lol

Bloodraven's sword was called Dark Sister, not Night Sister.

But I like your theory that Bloodraven's sword and egg could be at the Wall. I kind of like the idea of Jon getting an ancestral Targaryen Valyrian Steel sword because of who Jon's father was (R+L=J), but at the same time Jon already has Longclaw. I would be kind of sad of Jon stopped using Longclaw because The old Bear gave Jon that sword. Maybe Jon can use both, one representing his Stark side(Longclaw), and one representing his Targaryen side(Dark Sister). Maybe Jon could wear Longclaw on his belt, and Dark Sister across his back, how bad ass are you if you have to Valyrian Steel Swords? Especially if one of those swords gets turned into Lightbringer? lol

oh yeah, my bad. it seems like it would be awesome. the egg is somewhere and the wall seems pretty logical. imagine him wielding two bastard Valyrian swords? talk about unstoppable. and i like the idea of them each representing one side of him.

oh yeah, my bad. it seems like it would be awesome. the egg is somewhere and the wall seems pretty logical. imagine him wielding two bastard Valyrian swords? talk about unstoppable. and i like the idea of them each representing one side of him.

Yeah but the only problem I have is, if Jon or someone else finds the egg, and if they hatch the egg, then what? There isn't enough time left for the Dragon to get big enough to do anything.

Maybe Jon will be the dragon woken from stone, because Jon is a Targaryen. Maybe Jon goes to the cripts of Winterfell, then goes to Lyanna's statue, and maybe Jon finds something that tells him about his true parentage. So Jon could then find out he is a dragon(meaning Targaryen). It could be like the prophecy in The Mystery Knight, that referred to Egg, not an actual "Dragon". That would tie up Jon's dreams about the cripts of Winterfell, and the Azor Ahai prophecy.

I'm honestly just thinking out loud, I just don't think there will be an actual dragon hatched from an egg, because there isn't enough time for the Dragon to grow to a significant enough size. Unless GRRM ends up doing more than seven books, in which case I would be fine with that. I am already hoping there is going to be more than seven books.

Dany still had an idea of who her father was from Viserys, sure Viserys gave Dany a skewed version of the truth, but Dany still grew up thinking her family was in the right. Nobody would want to hear that there father was a horrible monster, wether you have personal memories with them or not. It's not like Ser Barristan or Jorah told Dany the full truth and then she called them liars. Dany has barely been told anything, and she has even told Ser Barristan that one day she wants Ser Barristan to tell her everything, the good and the bad. So again I can't blame Dany for being in denial, who wouldn't be? If you were told your whole life that your family was destroyed wrongfully by a usurper, that would be a hard thing to accept the truth.

I agree, noboby want to hear such bad things about family, but my point is when you not have personal memories, you can bear the truth with more objective look? (I'm not sure if that makes sense, english is not my native language) If you are intelligent person and you know that something really bad and important happen to your family what influenced your life, and you know that your family can be really crazy (even with the "bad traitors" in the background), I'm assuming you just want the whole truth, no matter how it would hurt.

I'm remember the end of ASOS, when Dany was thinking about amazing possibility to hear real story from Barristan - and I waited impatiently for this to happen in ADWD!

and in the whole ADWD she not found time for little chat with Barristan? despite the fact that she was so thrilled by the prospect? I get the feeling that Dany has this irritating attitude "I'm the blood of the dragon, daugther of the rightful king so whatever"; I'm not sure if she really cares about truth.

but, for reader's sake it's so much entertaining possibility to see Tyrion tells the whole story "I really don't care about your precious non-existing memories about your father" ;)

I've read all the published Ice and Fire books many times, so forgive me if there is a factual statement that negates all this.

Anyways, is it possible that everyone (including the characters and prophets in the book) are taking the "Dragon has three heads" notion too literally because Aegon and his two sisters each flew a dragon, so there must be three riders for each dragon? Is it possible Martin isn't referring to riders but rather to qualities, conditions or events that must exist before a dragon can be utilized? I wonder if it has something to do with the Azor Ahai prophesy of Lightbringer, which took three forgings and was considered living fire. The dragons are often referred to as living fire or fire made flesh as well. Are the dragons a metaphor for Lightbringer, where they must be forged/tempered as Lightbringer to be wielded? A sword requires both fire and ice to be created and that is Jon (speculatively R + L). So, one possible crazy guess is that Dany is Azor Ahai and she must use the fire and ice in Jon's blood to bind her dragons.

Archived