Tapatalk/Tapatalk HD

Metfanant

• 1 month later...

Metfanant, what error message are you seeing? I got a larger number of "this forum does not support this version of Tapatalk" messages than usual over the last couple of weeks, but I don't think it's an accurate message. I think that what's really going on is that Tapatalk just doesn't gracefully handle the SQL messages -- instead of returning the actual message, or reporting that the forum is down, it just spits out that Tapatalk isn't supported. I've generally been able to try again later and have no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this for another Tapatalk question -- has anything changed that you're aware, Ran or Linda?

I got logged out of my account on Tapatalk the other day, and it's not accepting my password anymore. I am absolutely 100% sure the password's correct, thanks to Firefox's "Show Passwords" option, so I'm not sure why the Tapatalk app won't let me log in. Just trying to rule out a version change or any settings change as a possible cause....

Hrm, strange. They did just release an update, and we installed it, and it said it was installed correctly. Can you try and get a new password issued and see if that fixes the problem? and make sure your app is up to date?

Sure thing. I'm going to check for an app update first, try that if available, and then I'll reset my password. I'll let you know how things go. I imagine it's just me, or someone else would probably already have complained. ;)

ETA: No dice with either option. I still get a message about an invalid username/password or that 'the administrator has restricted access via Tapatalk'.

No change. I'm going to try totally uninstalling it from my phone, and reinstalling from the app store. I had tried upgrading to the latest version earlier, but maybe a clean install will make the difference. I'll let you know how it goes. Luckily, most of the time I can use one laptop or another to browse, so it's not much of an issue.

--- Nope, even totally reinstalling doesn't make any difference. Well, except that it took much longer to tell me it couldn't log me in. :P I'm sure it's not helping that the forum is currently so slammed with traffic, either.

• 2 years later...

My Tapatalk on my iPhone kept crashing, so I deleted it and re-downloaded from the Cloud. Now it won't let me sign on again. It says my account doesn't exist. I'm 99% sure I'm using the correct password and have tried alternately my user name then my email without success. Please help.

edited to add: I tried "forgot password" link and got a system message stating "No account found with this email address."

• 2 weeks later...

My Tapatalk on my iPhone kept crashing, so I deleted it and re-downloaded from the Cloud. Now it won't let me sign on again. It says my account doesn't exist. I'm 99% sure I'm using the correct password and have tried alternately my user name then my email without success. Please help.

edited to add: I tried "forgot password" link and got a system message stating "No account found with this email address."

Bumping this post since my issue is still not resolved.

Updated the Tapatalk plugin just about now. Seems to be working fine on my iPad. Wow, quite a change to the app from the last time I used it...

Anyways, let me know if that fixes issues.

It's been some days since I can't access any thread on Tapatalk. Firstly, it seems to be working, the list with the name of each forum is totally fine, but when I enter one of them, it keeps loading forever and there's no way I can even see the threads or subforuns...

Updated the Tapatalk plugin just about now. Seems to be working fine on my iPad. Wow, quite a change to the app from the last time I used it...

Anyways, let me know if that fixes issues.

I get the same message stating that I don't have an account. It works fine on my iPad, so it must be limited to iPhone 5? I've tried both my user name and my email and it says I don't have an account.

Archived