Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

Random summary post bad. But even more bad is that it doesn't fit with your knowledgeable tone in follow up posts.

Why. What's wrong with a catch up post.

Nuh-uh.

(I've been trying to put into words why I find your logic to be wrong, but I am failing. I am literally speechless right now.)

The correct way to say this is "Your logic is correct Mrs. Trakand."

Totally disagree.

Loial has showed some pretty suspicious play, which makes him an easy target. People have already made the case, and it is easy for you to parrot. People will agree because, well, it's true. Just because it's true doesn't make your attack more valid though, not when the case has already been hashed over so much. And easy targets are good for FM, because they know no one else is actually guilty, it's harder to make cases. And a ready made case is a nice respite. Your example is a very different thing. I don't like the look of you after this exchange, Elayne.

Once again, you're assuming that he's town, which I will need you to explain to me. Did the thought ever occur that he looks suspicious cause he's FM?

I was talking about Elayne. Elayne is aggressive in that she posted only barbed or accusatory reads. I think Elayne's recent posts are at odds with her first, however.

Elayne, do you know something? Your reasoning is hard to follow.

Aggression is not a scumtell. Elaborate on your voting reasoning, it seems pretty terrible and just an excuse to hop on to me.

My reasoning is pretty transparent. He's scummy so I think he's scum.

GUYS IM AN EASY TARGET OMG OMG YOU'RE ALL VOTING AN EASY TARGET!

eheheh.

Thank you Egwene. I was still trying to put this into words.

Elayne - yes, Loail needs to be looked at, but right now there just isn't much. I'd feel better about you if you had decided to pursue someone else and just listed Loial as a suspect. If Loial is FM, I want to give him rope to hang himself.

"Loail is very suspicious, which is why the right move is to ignore him and let him lurk instead of pressuring him."

Your gender slips are bothering me. I tried to ignore them. But the characters all have obvious genders and now you've messed up both Faile (earlier) and Perrin in this last post. I'm not going to make a case based on it, but if either of them is ever lynched and comes up evil, I want people to look back and remember this.

I think Faile might not have been a gender slip if it happened earlier (just me seeing the name Faile and thinking it was male). But yes. I think of Perrin as female in my head and Faile as male.

*Kingfisher Circles the Pond*

I see many people wanted to hop on a wagon based on an accusation based on a joke vote. Really? I know we are trying to scum hunt, but wagons based on joke votes usually don't fall under the informed decisions category.

Which wagon are you talking about? Why so vague? Who do you suspect based on that wagon?

GUYS IM AN EASY TARGET OMG OMG YOU'RE ALL VOTING AN EASY TARGET!

Actually - you are an easy target, so I think you're right on that.

"Loail is very suspicious, which is why the right move is to ignore him and let him lurk instead of pressuring him."

I agree that Loial should not be overlooked, but I haven't seen enough from him to think he's specifically more scummy than other players.

"I disagree with Elayne! She's scum!"

lol

"Anyone who finds what I say suspicious is laughably foolish! Ha ha ha. Don't be ridiculous."

<_<

The thought definitely occurred to me that Loail looks suspicious because he is FM. Also occurred to me that he is new and could have very easily made a newbie mistake. Not a free pass all game, but honestly enough for me to put it aside for day one. But I am willing to entertain multiple theories here, so let's posit that Loial is in fact inno, and you are an opportunistic FM jumping at an easy case. One of the many possible scenarios occurring to me, and happening to be the one I'm looking at right now.

To all those voting me: Why is Loail an easy target, but I'm not?

Now you look like definitely being able to defend yourself, so not easier.

However, going for an easy target wasn't worst thing you did. Worst was mentioning a few players without giving opnions about any of them except Loial.

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

4 votes for Elayne Trakand (Moiraine Damodred, Aviendha., Verin Mathwin, Gawyn Trakand)

2 votes for Siuan Sanche (Tuon, Min Farshaw)

2 votes for Egwene al'Vere (Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Galad Damodred)

2 votes for Loial (Mat Cauthon, Elayne Trakand)

2 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Egwene al'Vere, Siuan Sanche)

1 votes for Nynaeve al'Meara ( Faile Bashere)

1 vote for Lan Mandragoran (Nynaeve al'Meara)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Logain Ablar (Perrin Aybara)

2 players have not voted: Thom Merrilin, Loial.

"Anyone who finds what I say suspicious is laughably foolish! Ha ha ha. Don't be ridiculous."

<_<

The thought definitely occurred to me that Loail looks suspicious because he is FM. Also occurred to me that he is new and could have very easily made a newbie mistake. Not a free pass all game, but honestly enough for me to put it aside for day one. But I am willing to entertain multiple theories here, so let's posit that Loial is in fact inno, and you are an opportunistic FM jumping at an easy case. One of the many possible scenarios occurring to me, and happening to be the one I'm looking at right now.

Your vote on me is based on me voting for Loail and him being an "easy target". You don't have a townread on him. Easy target means he's town. Do you seriously not see the issue with your logic here?

You know what you're doing, he doesn't. Not saying you're not an easier target, just saying he is probably the easiest target out of everyone

"He's new, leave him alone meanie pants!"

Now you look like definitely being able to defend yourself, so not easier.

However, going for an easy target wasn't worst thing you did. Worst was mentioning a few players without giving opnions about any of them except Loial.

I'm scum because I can defend myself? Am I reading that correctly?

Verin what is your read on everyone in the game?

I'm scum because I can defend myself? Am I reading that correctly?

No.

In case you don't understand, "town-scum" and "easy-non easy" are two ortogonal axis. One doesn't correlate with another.

Verin what is your read on everyone in the game?

I can't have a read on 18 players, it's way too many.

For now, I like Perrin, Tuon, Miraine and Logain. No another top suspect except you.

No.

In case you don't understand, "town-scum" and "easy-non easy" are two ortogonal axis. One doesn't correlate with another.

I can't have a read on 18 players, it's way too many.

For now, I like Perrin, Tuon, Miraine and Logain. No another top suspect except you.

If there is a wagon on easy scum, no one should care. People should only care if it's on easy town. Which doesn't make sense with the resistance to his wagon.

Also, if you didn't notice, he doesn't seem like an easy target because it's apparent that so many people think he is town and are willing to jump at those who vote him.

Oh really? So it's almost like you only have mentionable reads on a few players? And that it's pretty pointless to mention reads on anyone else? And yet, you're calling me scum for not having many reads?

It should be pretty easy to infer my opinions on those I commented on.

Archived