Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

.Loial

-New

-Extremely concerned with fitting in

-Disappears early d1 and spotlight goes off of him.

-Comes back to tell everyone he's going to lurk.

-Hasn't commented on the game at all, instead opting to discuss theory.

Since you voted for Loial, I'm guessing you concsider this theory stronger than the others you posted. I don't see how this makes him appear guilty, I think it just shows he is new and is trying to figure out how the game works. It seems like your grasping at straws to try to get a quick easy lynch, and I don't know how I feel about that. So for now

Elayne

If you can prove that isn't the case, or if you can increase the arguments for your theory, I will possibly reconsider my vote.

Well that reread didn't really tell me a whole lot. Except that people love to comment on useless events.(Like someone reciting poetry)

I only took note of a few things, most of these names blend together and only a few specific people stood out. Don't expect anything solid from me until there are >13 people.

Loial

-New

-Extremely concerned with fitting in

-Disappears early d1 and spotlight goes off of him.

-Comes back to tell everyone he's going to lurk.

-Hasn't commented on the game at all, instead opting to discuss theory.

Verin Mathwin

-Admits he is trying to skip out of the RVS stage.

Gawyn Trakand

-Being useless past the useless stage. (http://asoiaf.wester...49#entry3034249)

Faile Bashere

-Tried pushing an awful case on Mat early.

Mat Cauthon

-Is accused of being unreasonable for doing a reasonable action.

You seem awfully defensive of Mat.

EDIT: The board is eating my posts, going to put in my reads so far.

Moiraine is being odd but she also seems to be genuinely indifferent to gaining the approval of others, may or may not be a bad thing.

Egwane seems genuine, her excuses are valid and she's trying to be helpful.

Loghain is backpedalling furiously and I really don't like the newbie pass he seems to have given to Avi, though she herself is null for me, and instead goes after the difficult (i.e. aggresive) targets, which is in his favour somewhat. Overall I dislike him.

Kailhe and Perrin both seem neutral to me, Galad has been consistent if passive agressive and Elayne is aggressive, a good sign imo.

(OOC: Sorry the SQL errors are hitting me badly my posts will likely be erratic.)

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Siuan Sanche (Tuon, Min Farshaw)

2 votes for Egwene al'Vere (Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Galad Damodred)

2 votes for Loial (Mat Cauthon, Elayne Trakand)

2 votes for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche, Faile Bashere)

2 votes for Elayne Trakand (Moiraine Damodred, Aviendha.)

1 vote for Lan Mandragoran (Nynaeve al'Meara)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Egwene al'Vere)

1 vote for Logain Ablar (Perrin Aybara)

4 players have not voted: Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial.

Because I am trying to figure out Logain at the moment. He defends the defenseless and trys to undermine people asking questions. It's the undermining of anyone who seems to be aggressive that bothers me the most.

You'd rather vote someone who you're not sure of then someone who you think is scum?

Elayne - it's bad because it seems like an obligatory catch up post with a vote for an extremely easy target.

It's evident you think he's town then, explain how Loial would be playing differently as scum. In addition, provide some examples that lead you to believe he is town. I will not accept "Because he is new."

Since you voted for Loial, I'm guessing you concsider this theory stronger than the others you posted. I don't see how this makes him appear guilty, I think it just shows he is new and is trying to figure out how the game works. It seems like your grasping at straws to try to get a quick easy lynch, and I don't know how I feel about that. So for now

Elayne

If you can prove that isn't the case, or if you can increase the arguments for your theory, I will possibly reconsider my vote.

You're new too correct? Why is it you are not just posting a bunch of theory and are participating in the scumhunting?

I never addressed your first question. And I obviously did answer your second, for the reasons stated.

Okay. And the other half dozen people that have since stated that they, too, believe it was just a poem and nothing untoward? I find your stance a little hypocritical for someone that just went off the handle about someone criticizing their play style.

I do suspect you, I've already made that clear. I might vote for you, I might not. Does that worry you?

I'm not at all insulted by being questioned. Others have questioned me, not just you - that's obviously the game.

Apparently you are not understanding me. I'm wondering why you are addressing the intentions of another player when they posted something. I don't recall half a dozen other people answering for him the way you did, but if it is so why did you feel the need to repeat what half a dozen other people had already done?

Besides, I never said that there was anything inherently untoward about the post. It peaked my interest as I've already said, so I asked about it. I comment on things that interest me; if it doesn't I leave it alone. I wanted to have a conversation. Again, conversation is good; it helps to evaluate people. I'm a little confused as to why people want to stop conversation.

So what...go ahead and criticize my play style. That wasn't what I *went over the top* about if you would have paid attention. As I said, I felt insulted by the tone of his posts, not the fact that he asked me a question or thought my question looked forced or whatever he thought. (I'm still determining what I think about his posts and the timing.)

As far as your suspicion of me? I welcome it.

Gawyn, the case on Matt was that he didn't vote someone who he was going to vote because someone else voted them first. The person who he was going to vote then proceeded to do something scummy("Voting d1 is bad. Vote: John.") and he switched to him accordingly.

I don't see why this makes him scum in the least.

I'd be tempted to vote for Egwene right now too, to be honest. So very, very reasonable and soothing.

Soothing? Me? Why thank you.

Clearly you are not sufficiently soothed though, because you want to kill me... I must be doing something wrong.

*Shake Dew from the Branch*

I was tempted to respond to this post in a way that was the very opposite of reasonable and nice. But I'm not. Just to spite you. Hey, let's agree to disagree. :) :) :) There's no reason we can't resolve our differences through some friendly conversation. :grouphug: :wub: :love: Let's sing Kumbaya together, while we're at it!

puke

I don't really have any other strong leads--just some people who are making better points and whose attempts to get the game moving look more sincere than others.

Who?

Lan, did you come to a conclusion as to what Tuon's overreaction says about her alignment, yet?

Not sure how to phrase this. In most cases, it'd be suspicious. In this case, I think it's a null tell.

My last post was written before I saw Min's most recent post, for the record. I need to stop taking forever to write a post and hitting submit.

You're playing a very careful game. Don't like it.

I'm taking a break from this game for a few hours.

That said, I did like how you said you were taking a break, but then couldn't resist coming back to make another post 11 minutes later.

*The Rose Unfolds*

You have been very single minded - your posts have been about Mat or fluff. I'd feel better about you if broadened your outlook.

Ironic. You've been really single-minded too. Who are your suspects right now?

So being a top poster and not changing my vote is bad? Because I don't want to be seen not voting? Give me a break. You would still distrust me if I had unvoted, you're tunneling on me. About me being uninvolved, that's true, I've just been reacting to your posts for the past hours, much like you have only reacted to mine. I feel no need to approach different subjects at the same time when I don't have time for that.

I'm going to be absent for some time, I'll be hunting the Horn of Valere. I'll change my vote to Nynaeve al'Meara for the weak reason of gut feeling. This should keep Perrin entertained for a couple of hours.

Going to echo whoever said that they liked your answers, even if they disagreed with you. That's how I was feeling too. Then you went and cast a random vote. Feel like you gave in to Perrin. What happened to this -

Yes, I guess you can say that. Why would I change my vote? Or better, to whom would I change my vote? I'm keeping my vote on him until I find a good reason to vote for someone else.

You wanted a good reason, but then you gave into a weak reason. Explain.

You'd rather vote someone who you're not sure of then someone who you think is scum?

I think Logain has as good a chance at being scum as you or Egwene. His scumhunting so far basically consists of undermining aggressive players and defending the weak.

It's evident you think he's town then, explain how Loial would be playing differently as scum. In addition, provide some examples that lead you to believe he is town. I will not accept "Because he is new."

I never said I thought he was town. I don't have a read on him right now. It does not change the fact that he's an easy target.

Ironic. You've been really single-minded too. Who are your suspects right now?

Logain, Elayne, Egwene (mostly gut)

Also not fond of Siuan's post and run. Gawyn is kind of gut right now.

Probably forgetting people. I'm not sure about Tuon yet.

I never said I thought he was town. I don't have a read on him right now. It does not change the fact that he's an easy target.

Yes it does. Any easy target indicates town. Why would it matter if I was voting an easy target who was scum?

Perrin let's say Player X claims scum. I don't know why, but let's just say he comes and says "I am scum, please lynch me." According to your logic, we shouldn't lynch him because he's an easy target.

Your logic is bogus.

Archived