Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

Faile, what I think we're talking about is this:

Loial votes Galad

Galad Damodred

At the same time, Mat votes Galad

I was just going to do that. Are you reading my mind, Galad?

Mat then has a chance to see Loial's vote and adds this 2 minutes later

Changed your mind pretty quick didn't you? A few minutes ago, you're questioning whether we should vote and now you're voting.

And then throws in a vote because he forgot to.

Meant to throw in a vote in last post. Loial.

If that's not it, then I'm not sure which posts you are talking about.

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Loial (Galad Damodred, Mat Cauthon)

2 votes for Lan Mandragoran (Min Farshaw, Nynaeve al'Meara)

2 votes for Mat Cauthon (Faile Bashere, Aviendha.)

1 vote for Tuon (Moiraine Damodred)

1 vote for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche)

1 vote for Siuan Sanche (Tuon)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Aviendha. (Cadsuane Melaidhrin)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Perrin Aybara)

6 players have not voted: Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial.

Faile, what I think we're talking about is this:

Loial votes Galad

At the same time, Mat votes Galad

Mat then has a chance to see Loial's vote and adds this 2 minutes later

And then throws in a vote because he forgot to.

If that's not it, then I'm not sure which posts you are talking about.

So the cross-post is that second one you quoted in relation to the first one. I wasn't talking about that. I don't consider that a cross-post since I think that Mat wanted to vote Loial because of his first post and not because of Loial's vote on Galad.

Um, I thought it was pretty obvious that Mat wasn't seriously contradicting himself with his switch to Loial. (I'd actually thought he'd crossposted with Loial's switch.)

ETA: the above was ironically crossposted with the huge discussion of Mat cross-posting.

Too apologetic. No like.

I deliberately softened my post because I didn't want to scare a new player away on page one of his first game. If he took joke votes seriously, then maybe he'd overreact to pressure and not give a helpful answer. I wasn't exactly "trying to help a new player" (as someone put it), but sometimes you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I'm still not fond of how he unvoted immediately when under pressure. What does his not knowing that joke votes happen early have to do with his vote on me? Loial, when you get back, which game did you read that involved FM pushing a lynch on Day One? Were these FM the only ones who voted on page one?

I'm still not fond of how he unvoted immediately when under pressure.  What does his not knowing that joke votes happen early have to do with his vote on me?  Loial, when you get back, which game did you read that involved FM pushing a lynch on Day One?  Were these FM the only ones who voted on page one?

Yea, I also thought that stinked. I vote 99% of the time in my first post, regardless of alignment. So it surley can't only be FM who have a sense of humor to joke-vote.

I also don't like how he said why people are voting too early > votes when people say it's for joke > then unvotes when people say why he is contridicting himself.

I'm tentatively leaning toward Tuon vs. Logain being a case of two innocents bashing heads, because Tuon is ridiculously overreacting to Logain's questions (because yes, despite your most noble intentions, a question intended to get the game moving might look forced to an outsider), but in a way I suspect is in keeping with an innocent who takes people who don't see her PoV much too personally.

Egwene, did you just come to check in?

Did Tuon's argument on Verin inspire you?

Posting poetic verse for no apparent reason on the other hand makes me twitch a little though, I'm curious to know what that is from, Verin, and why you chose to post it in an otherwise content free check in.

I was bothered by it as well, so I looked it up. It's from a Russian poem.

Don't think it means anything other than face-value funsies.

Oh well, I'll *try* to react more appropriately according to your standards.  Telling me that my question was stretching and thinking it looked like I was trying to be too helpful is one thing.  However, saying that I attacked someone when all I did was ask a question is another.  It's even another thing to reply sarcastically implying my sanity is in question and that I wouldn't be able to learn anything from the question I did ask.  So, yeah, I'm annoyed.

:dunno: Sometimes you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelet. It seems like you're gonna rip my throat for luring reactions, which in every intention is pro-town :shrug:

So the cross-post is that second one you quoted in relation to the first one. I wasn't talking about that. I don't consider that a cross-post since I think that Mat wanted to vote Loial because of his first post and not because of Loial's vote on Galad.

I don't see how you got that at all. You're massively projecting, but whatever *shrug*

I never did understand you, wife.

*Striking the Spark*

I deliberately softened my post because I didn't want to scare a new player away on page one of his first game. If he took joke votes seriously, then maybe he'd overreact to pressure and not give a helpful answer. I wasn't exactly "trying to help a new player" (as someone put it), but sometimes you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

And sometimes you get people to trust you by looking friendly and reasonable.

Faile - has anyone else done anything that doesn't sit right with you? It doesn't have to be a full-blown suspicion, just anything that struck you as worth keeping an eye on?

For all someone accused Cadsuane of posting fluff, you're not much better.

I'm tentatively leaning toward Tuon vs. Logain being a case of two innocents bashing heads, because Tuon is ridiculously overreacting to Logain's questions (because yes, despite your most noble intentions, a question intended to get the game moving might look forced to an outsider), but in a way I suspect is in keeping with an innocent who takes people who don't see her PoV much too personally.

Pushing the "reasonable nice guy" card pretty hard, aren't you?

Who do you find most suspicious so far, besides the newb you voted for sight-unseen on page 1?

ETA: unvote I'm cool with Manbearpig for the time being.

Nynaeve al'Meara because this name is just too damn hard to remember, write and/or pronounce.

Verin Mathwin, I was really tempted to vote you. But I had already copy/pasted Nynaeve al'Meara's name and I had done it since the first page.

Clearly the most awkward post in the entire thread so far. Siuan

Not really. I just wonder why Egwene (among a few others) vanished after that single post.

The content of Egwene's post-and-run didn't influence you? Is there a reason you chose Egwene?

Noob =/= Town

Just throwing it out there before anyone tries to use it as a valid argument.

I like Aviendha. Her av seems pretty townish.

And this post too.

Could you go into more detail on what struck you as townish about her post (particularly since I remember it essentially being, "I'm new and don't know what's going on," when you said Noob =/= town)?

And sometimes you get people to trust you by looking friendly and reasonable.

Fair enough. There are just times when going into attack-dog mode isn't the best tactic.

Archived