Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Loial (Galad Damodred, Mat Cauthon)

2 votes for Siuan Sanche (Tuon, Min Farshaw)

1 vote for Mat Cauthon (Faile Bashere)

1 vote for Lan Mandragoran (Nynaeve al'Meara)

1 vote for Tuon (Moiraine Damodred)

1 vote for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Perrin Aybara)

1 vote for Egwene al'Vere (Cadsuane Melaidhrin)

7 players have not voted: Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial, Aviendha..

Aviendha - why unvote?

Looking back on my original decision, I'm not completely sold I made the best choice, Mat jumping around from vote to vote so early in the game doesn't seem that incriminating. If it was later in the game, it would be a different story.

Edit: spelling

Why do you feel the need to answer for him?

Why are you making a big show of asking a question you could answer for yourself with a Google search? What's so damn complicated about that?

Is there an echo in here?

I don't know. Maybe you can point it out for me, because ISO searching isn't working - as the mod clearly stated a few posts back. Did you vote for her because you find her awkward? Did it have to do with the fact that she supposedly decided to vote Nynaeve on page one, then took an hour and a half to post it for no apparent reason?

Not sure what you're going for here, because it really just comes off as OMGUS attitude over me refusing to buy Galad's wishy-washy PI of you and Logain.

So that means you don't suspect him any more than Lan or Tuon, right? Why are you still voting for him?

Yes, I guess you can say that. Why would I change my vote? Or better, to whom would I change my vote? I'm keeping my vote on him until I find a good reason to vote for someone else.

Back and about to reread from the top, feel good about Cadsuane for wanting to call me on a post and run. The circumstances made it necessary, but I expected to be feeling more heat on my return. I feel lurking and supposedly fly by posts are very typical fm behavior, so drawing attention to it is not really in the best interest of a killer so early in the game.

That being said, I am curious to know what about my choice of words you've taken issue with.

I read the entire Spanish Inquisition, I guess I misunderstood what was going on in that game.

Loial, sorry to keep pushing this (it's tempting to shrug my shoulders and say I buy your explanation, to paraphrase Perrin), but did you see people voting on the first page of the Spanish Inquisition game? Also, why did you vote me instead of Mat or Cadsuane again? Had I voted for someone who wasn't you, would you have voted me? I'll leave you alone soon, I promise.

Min, to return the favour, who do you suspect right now other than Siuan for making a joke vote instead of voting Verin? (I'd be curious to hear why Siuan wanted to vote Verin, since it affects my read on her, but I doubt it's the most suspicious thing that's happened so far.) Even your point on me was a copy of Lan's (edit: okay, the thing about Logain vs. Tuon was new).

Lan, did you come to a conclusion as to what Tuon's overreaction says about her alignment, yet?

Back and about to reread from the top, feel good about Cadsuane for wanting to call me on a post and run. The circumstances made it necessary, but I expected to be feeling more heat on my return. I feel lurking and supposedly fly by posts are very typical fm behavior, so drawing attention to it is not really in the best interest of a killer so early in the game.

That being said, I am curious to know what about my choice of words you've taken issue with.

Well, I won't tell you. I rather wait for Verin to come back first.

Just a reminder to Faile and Perrin, this is not a one-on-one conference ;)

Also, from my POV, Perrin looks like he's throwing garbage towards Faile's way.

Perrin- So what's bugging you so much about Faile? Do you wanna move on... or are you going to keep tunneling?

ETA: Perrin, if you feel you still feel iffy about Faile, keep pushing. But don't only tunnel.

I'm taking a break from this game for a few hours.

My last post was written before I saw Min's most recent post, for the record. I need to stop taking forever to write a post and hitting submit.

Egwene, do you have any suspects as opposed to thoughts on poetry? Also, why were you looking for codes--and furthermore, telling us that you were looking for codes?

(For the record, I think all the wink-wink, nudge-nudge about the poetry has been flying over my head. The reason I've been debating a switch to you is because I think this post is horribly wishy-washy and stance-free:

This got serious business in a hurry. Which is good, my RP would be along the lines of "hey you, you may or may not be suspicious because of that thing you probably did in the book."

Tuon, while I am not a fan Verin's cryptic poetic check in, I don't think you're asking the right question. I feel the need to check in during the joke stage if that's when I have a minute. Don't reckon it indicates anything at all, and wonder that you're prodding at that. Posting poetic verse for no apparent reason on the other hand makes me twitch a little though, I'm curious to know what that is from, Verin, and why you chose to post it in an otherwise content free check in.

Min, to return the favour, who do you suspect right now other than Siuan for making a joke vote instead of voting Verin? (I'd be curious to hear why Siuan wanted to vote Verin, since it affects my read on her, but I doubt it's the most suspicious thing that's happened so far.) Even your point on me was a copy of Lan's (edit: okay, the thing about Logain vs. Tuon was new).

Fair enough. All of the check-and-dash posters are worth watching. I think of the more active folks Logain and Tuon are catching my attention the most. Tuon for the over-the-top reactions, and Logain mostly because of the pair of posts where he PIs Aviendha and then chips in a one-liner about role distribution immediately afterward. Something about it just doesn't feel right to me.

I'll have more after a full re-read.

Fair enough. All of the check-and-dash posters are worth watching. I think of the more active folks Logain and Tuon are catching my attention the most. Tuon for the over-the-top reactions, and Logain mostly because of the pair of posts where he PIs Aviendha and then chips in a one-liner about role distribution immediately afterward. Something about it just doesn't feel right to me.

I'll have more after a full re-read.

:shocked: PI Aviendha?!? I didn’t even come close. All I said was that based on my gut, I felt that she was being genuine in ONE post. What’s next, I CI her?

Archived