Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

Tuon, if you are still interested: I've checked in just because a thought about lurking hadn't came into my mind at that moment.

Also, I was in artistic mood, so I have translated that lyrics into English. I was rather proud of that, so I also posted it in my blog.

About the rest of stuff, Elayne's post looks trmendously bad. It was exactly the sort of post for which we lynch players who turn up being killers afterwards.

*Kissing the Adder*

Well that reread didn't really tell me a whole lot. Except that people love to comment on useless events.(Like someone reciting poetry)

I only took note of a few things, most of these names blend together and only a few specific people stood out. Don't expect anything solid from me until there are >13 people.

Loial

-New

-Extremely concerned with fitting in

-Disappears early d1 and spotlight goes off of him.

-Comes back to tell everyone he's going to lurk.

-Hasn't commented on the game at all, instead opting to discuss theory.

Verin Mathwin

-Admits he is trying to skip out of the RVS stage.

Gawyn Trakand

-Being useless past the useless stage. (http://asoiaf.wester...49#entry3034249)

Faile Bashere

-Tried pushing an awful case on Mat early.

Mat Cauthon

-Is accused of being unreasonable for doing a reasonable action.

Random summary post bad. But even more bad is that it doesn't fit with your knowledgeable tone in follow up posts.

You'd rather vote someone who you're not sure of then someone who you think is scum?

It's evident you think he's town then, explain how Loial would be playing differently as scum. In addition, provide some examples that lead you to believe he is town. I will not accept "Because he is new."

You're new too correct? Why is it you are not just posting a bunch of theory and are participating in the scumhunting?

Gawyn, the case on Matt was that he didn't vote someone who he was going to vote because someone else voted them first. The person who he was going to vote then proceeded to do something scummy("Voting d1 is bad. Vote: John.") and he switched to him accordingly.

I don't see why this makes him scum in the least.

Galad has been consistent if passive agressive and Elayne is aggressive, a good sign imo.

Passive aggressive is good? How?

And explain how Elayne was aggressive before you made your post.

Elayne

:lol:

Moraine looks innocent.

Since you voted for Loial, I'm guessing you concsider this theory stronger than the others you posted. I don't see how this makes him appear guilty, I think it just shows he is new and is trying to figure out how the game works. It seems like your grasping at straws to try to get a quick easy lynch, and I don't know how I feel about that. So for now

Elayne

If you can prove that isn't the case, or if you can increase the arguments for your theory, I will possibly reconsider my vote.

I like the vote, but I don't like how you gave yourself an easy way to back out.

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

3 votes for Elayne Trakand (Moiraine Damodred, Aviendha., Verin Mathwin)

2 votes for Siuan Sanche (Tuon, Min Farshaw)

2 votes for Egwene al'Vere (Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Galad Damodred)

2 votes for Loial (Mat Cauthon, Elayne Trakand)

2 votes for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche, Faile Bashere)

1 vote for Lan Mandragoran (Nynaeve al'Meara)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Egwene al'Vere)

1 vote for Logain Ablar (Perrin Aybara)

3 players have not voted: Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Loial.

Yes it does. Any easy target indicates town. Why would it matter if I was voting an easy target who was scum?

Perrin let's say Player X claims scum. I don't know why, but let's just say he comes and says "I am scum, please lynch me." According to your logic, we shouldn't lynch him because he's an easy target.

Your logic is bogus.

Nuh-uh.

(I've been trying to put into words why I find your logic to be wrong, but I am failing. I am literally speechless right now.)

Perrin let's say Player X claims scum. I don't know why, but let's just say he comes and says "I am scum, please lynch me." According to your logic, we shouldn't lynch him because he's an easy target.

Your logic is bogus.

Totally disagree.

Loial has showed some pretty suspicious play, which makes him an easy target. People have already made the case, and it is easy for you to parrot. People will agree because, well, it's true. Just because it's true doesn't make your attack more valid though, not when the case has already been hashed over so much. And easy targets are good for FM, because they know no one else is actually guilty, it's harder to make cases. And a ready made case is a nice respite. Your example is a very different thing. I don't like the look of you after this exchange, Elayne.

*posts*

You can't ever get rid of me!

(Not to ruin your towntell, but I was just going to play a video game, take a break from Mafia, and let the thread breathe a bit, so it's not like I had an important errand or anything.)

Lan, are you asking about who I think is innocent now or who exactly I had in my mind when I wrote that post? I already said some of the people I thought were innocent since that post (Faile, Tuon, Logain--you, Avaidhara, and Moiraine are sort of floating at the edge of my innocent tier). At the time, I think you and Perrin you were people I mostly agreed with (I think I'm forgetting someone else--Mat?), Tuon and Logain and to a lesser extent Mat looked genuine, Cadsuane, Faile, and Gawyn were more of a null cluster of "people who've said a lot but that don't strike me as 'Omigod, so town!'" (Now I feel better about Faile and worse about Cadsuane and Gawyn.) I liked Perrin at first, but as I started feeling better about Faile, I became increasingly uneasy with a few of the points she's been arguing.

*Kissing the Adder*

Random summary post bad. But even more bad is that it doesn't fit with your knowledgeable tone in follow up posts.

Passive aggressive is good? How?

And explain how Elayne was aggressive before you made your post.

I was talking about Elayne. Elayne is aggressive in that she posted only barbed or accusatory reads. I think Elayne's recent posts are at odds with her first, however.

Elayne, do you know something? Your reasoning is hard to follow.

Thank you Egwene. I was still trying to put this into words.

Elayne - yes, Loail needs to be looked at, but right now there just isn't much. I'd feel better about you if you had decided to pursue someone else and just listed Loial as a suspect. If Loial is FM, I want to give him rope to hang himself.

Skimmed through. I've been trying to catch on as quick as I can. But I had to read about 8 pages or so. So I probably missed a whole bunch. I stick to my initial point thought, these names are incredibly hard to remember, and to write.

I see many people wanted to hop on a wagon based on an accusation based on a joke vote. Really? I know we are trying to scum hunt, but wagons based on joke votes usually don't fall under the informed decisions category.

That being said I believe I'm going to vote for Moiraind, she/he (it?) seems to want just any lynch for no apparent reason. Not really informative and slightly scummy.

I'll have to try and read again when I find the time, so I can make more informed decisions. Although with so many people I don't think I'll be able to get much. I can't keep track of all this as much as I would like. Guess I'll have to get used to all of you.

*The Viper Flicks Its Tongue*

I was talking about Elayne. Elayne is aggressive in that she posted only barbed or accusatory reads. I think Elayne's recent posts are at odds with her first, however.

Nice vote, enjoy the ride on the bandwagon.

God damn you are so suspicious. How does nobody else see this?

...you're the one who just said that her aggression looked good. How the fuck are her recent posts non-aggressive? On the contrary, her most recent posts have actually been somewhat less terrible than her initial wishy-washy catch-up post. What in particular did she say that changed your mind? I want an actual post.

*Eel Among the Lily Pads*

I liked Perrin at first, but as I started feeling better about Faile, I became increasingly uneasy with a few of the points she's been arguing.

Your gender slips are bothering me. I tried to ignore them. But the characters all have obvious genders and now you've messed up both Faile (earlier) and Perrin in this last post. I'm not going to make a case based on it, but if either of them is ever lynched and comes up evil, I want people to look back and remember this.

Archived