Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Loial (Galad Damodred, Mat Cauthon)

2 votes for Mat Cauthon (Faile Bashere, Aviendha.)

2 votes for Siuan Sanche (Tuon, Min Farshaw)

1 vote for Lan Mandragoran (Nynaeve al'Meara)

1 vote for Tuon (Moiraine Damodred)

1 vote for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Perrin Aybara)

1 vote for Egwene al'Vere (Cadsuane Melaidhrin)

6 players have not voted: Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial.

I don't see how you got that at all. You're massively projecting, but whatever *shrug*

I never did understand you, wife.

One can only see what he wants to see. He admitted that he contradicted himself, he never said he got crossposted. This is starting to get pointless.

Faile - has anyone else done anything that doesn't sit right with you? It doesn't have to be a full-blown suspicion, just anything that struck you as worth keeping an eye on?

I could swear I answered this last page. No, I don't see anything suspicious going on atm.

For all someone accused Cadsuane of posting fluff, you're not much better.

That's doing more than at least half the players. It doesn't seem as bad as you make it look.

Pushing the "reasonable nice guy" card pretty hard, aren't you?

Who do you find most suspicious so far, besides the newb you voted for sight-unseen on page 1?

ETA: unvote I'm cool with Manbearpig for the time being.

I was tempted to respond to this post in a way that was the very opposite of reasonable and nice. But I'm not. Just to spite you. Hey, let's agree to disagree. :) :) :) There's no reason we can't resolve our differences through some friendly conversation. :grouphug: :wub: :love: Let's sing Kumbaya together, while we're at it!

I'm still rereading, because some of the posters are blending in together. Actually, despite my questions to Cadsuane, my vote would probably be on Egwene were it not on Loial. I want to hear Cadsuane's answer before I say why. But I don't really have any other strong leads--just some people who are making better points and whose attempts to get the game moving look more sincere than others. I don't see a reason to force reads this early.

One can only see what he wants to see. He admitted that he contradicted himself, he never said he got crossposted. This is starting to get pointless.

Where did he contradict himself?

I could swear I answered this last page. No, I don't see anything suspicious going on atm.

I didn't ask you if you found anyone suspicious right now. I asked if anyone had said anything at all that made you think you need to keep an eye one them and reserve judgement for later.

You have been very single minded - your posts have been about Mat or fluff. I'd feel better about you if broadened your outlook.

Could you go into more detail on what struck you as townish about her post (particularly since I remember it essentially being, "I'm new and don't know what's going on," when you said Noob =/= town)?

What do you want more detail about? I felt based on my gut that post was townish? You want more detail about my gut? It is the alimentary canal or a portion thereof, especially the intestine or stomach, the embryonic digestive tube, consisting of the foregut, the midgut, and the hindgut.

Whatever, I'll buy "gut." I thought you meant something more concrete.

Well I'm back, after making myself look like a fool I've decided to sit back and try to learn a bit more.

No, on the contrary, talk more. Could you answer some of the questions we've asked you?

Why did you unvote me, and what does it have to do with you realizing it wasn't scummy to vote early (since you voted me for voting you, not for pushing a wagon early)? From which game did you get the idea that FM are more likely to push a wagon?

The spanish inquisition if I remember correctly, I believe one of the FM said its good to lynch early and that person turned out to be FM. I unvoted you because I thought your vote was a joke vote, or is it not? I guess its not scummy to vote early if everyone's doing it since it seems to be the norm.

So, as you may have noticed SQL errors are happening more frequently and in high traffic times ISO's and maybe even PM's. Sometimes it's impossible to send PM's.

We will accept any actions via the mafia perindination board if you can't send them here - it'd be a good idea to send it to both myself (Faraday) and Lany on that board just in case.

The spanish inquisition if I remember correctly, I believe one of the FM said its good to lynch early and that person turned out to be FM. I unvoted you because I thought your vote was a joke vote, or is it not? I guess its not scummy to vote early if everyone's doing it since it seems to be the norm.

It was actually part being contrary to spite you, part seeing how you'd react, and part me genuinely not liking your first post (although I wasn't sure if you were serious).

How much of the Spanish Inquisition did you read? Didn't people RP-vote each other on the first page in that game?

Also, why didn't you find Mat's and Cadsuane's votes suspicious, just mine?

Where did he contradict himself?

He was accusing Loial of changing his mind quickly about the voting when he was doing the same. When I questioned him about it he admited he was being a hypocrite.

I didn't ask you if you found anyone suspicious right now. I asked if anyone had said anything at all that made you think you need to keep an eye one them and reserve judgement for later.

What's the point of that question? If I was keeping an eye on anyone, it would be because they were suspicious to me and I just told you, I didn't find anyone suspicious. But even if I did have my eye on someone and wanted to reserve their judgment for later, wouldn't answering your question defeat that purpose?

You have been very single minded - your posts have been about Mat or fluff. I'd feel better about you if broadened your outlook.

Oh spare me! You're the one that keeps pushing me and my posts on Mat and now you're accusing me of being single-minded.

Faile - I did see where Mat said he was a hypocrite. I don't find that remotely a contradiction.

So everyone is doing just fine and you will vote when you see a good case made. Noted - sheep in wolf's clothing.

I am pursuing you right now, yes. I'm not liking what i am seeing so far and am trying to understand where you are coming from. Or should I just shrug my shoulders and say 'I guess that's a good enough explanation for now.'

Do you still suspect Mat?

I read the entire Spanish Inquisition, I guess I misunderstood what was going on in that game.

The Spanish Inquisition was probably a bad game to get your feet wet in as it's more a game that shows how not to play the game.

You are right that in that game an FM was pushing for the lynch, though she wasn't the only one. Just because she was FM doesn't mean that she was doing something evil though. She was trying to coordinate the lynch before the last moment, and is something she would have done, and should have done, regardless of alignment.

The content of Egwene's post-and-run didn't influence you? Is there a reason you chose Egwene?

For once, it seemed to have slipped through everyone else. I also did not like Egwene's choice of words for that post, but I rather not comment any more for now.

:dunno: Sometimes you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelet. It seems like you're gonna rip my throat for luring reactions, which in every intention is pro-town :shrug:

So, you agree that conversation is good then. I understand luring reactions can be pro-town, your intent is what I'm trying to determine.

Faile - I did see where Mat said he was a hypocrite. I don't find that remotely a contradiction.

Seriously, wtf? I'm going to stop answering your blind accusations, just re-read the thread.

So everyone is doing just fine and you will vote when you see a good case made. Noted - sheep in wolf's clothing.

I am pursuing you right now, yes. I'm not liking what i am seeing so far and am trying to understand where you are coming from. Or should I just shrug my shoulders and say 'I guess that's a good enough explanation for now.'

I've never said anything remotely close to that. It's pointless for me to explain myself when you only interpret what you want to. And frankly, I don't think I should even be explaining anything more than I have. So, again, re-read. That should answer your questions.

Do you still suspect Mat?

I suspect Mat as I suspect anyone else.

I was bothered by it as well, so I looked it up. It's from a Russian poem.

Don't think it means anything other than face-value funsies.

Why do you feel the need to answer for him?

Clearly the most awkward post in the entire thread so far. Siuan

Is there an echo in here?

Archived