Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 207 Discussion

All snarkiness aside, yes -- you were talking about what another poster said, but you responding directly to my post challenging whether or not it reached the severity of being qualified as "e-bullying" (a position others challenged as well). You even re-quoted my little joke about the PC Thought Police, so how you could be surprised by my responding as to the origin of the whole convoluted, ignorant discussion escapes me. I'm done now, both because it's off-topic and no longer amusing. None of us know each other. It's an internet board. Again, you're taking yourself far too seriously and degenerating into calling me vulgar names. Let's just let it die, shall we? Sheesh.

You made it about you. It wasn't. Other people agreed with me. We're even.

I used your tactic on you, and you have a problem? Sheesh. Who is taking things too seriously?

Don't ever call me pooh bear. It's offensive. It makes you a condescending ahole. Instead of never taking responsibility for something you actually did, you could man up and apologize.

Exactly. I often feel their respect for one another grew from there with the 'respect for each other as warriors' as a core basis which they established during that fight. It all boils down to 1. People coming to the internet and expecting a good time, then being unable to relieve the tension they wanted to relieve because everything is not completely as they want it to be 2. People taking themselves too seriously 3. People everywhere being too touchy in general. 4. It being more difficult to carry over intonation and irony over the internet. EvaMitchelle got more offended by me than she was supposed to be too most likely because of point 4. 5. No one being as awesomely cool-headed as I am (see what I did there? ^^) Btw, I'm watching Season 1 with commentaries now, and hope they do a commentary on this episode as well, preferably a writer who explains why all the changes were necessary... You do make a lot more sense of it when a guy explains it like that, weird as that may sound.

The commentaries on the season 1 dvds are so fun!!!

Don't ever call me pooh bear. It's offensive. It makes you a condescending ahole.

Do you see what's wrong with this quote?

And yeah, they are, I laughed my ass off at the episode 3 commentary I think it was. Where the kids are singing the intro to the show along especially. I also like the little side-stories like how the elevator jammed and the technical information about how the scenes were shot and came to be and stuff, makes you appreciate the creators more.

Edited by StannisandDaeny

Do you see what's wrong with this quote? And yeah, they are, I laughed my ass off at the episode 3 commentary I think it was. Where the kids are singing the intro to the show along especially.

Yeah, you're right. My bad. Let me rephrase: Calling a perfect stranger "pooh bear" is condescending, sexist, and offensive.

The kids singing the intro was one of the best moments ever. Almost as awesome as Nikolaj mentioning the "10 minutes of Slapping Joffrey" video.

Calling a perfect stranger "pooh bear" is condescending, sexist, and offensive.

Calling you "pooh bear" isn't sexist. I've said it to other men, more times than I can count. It's a Disney character. It was a reference to my argument that you're being overly-sensitive, which you confirm, by the way, by calling it not just sexist (which is absurd), but also offensive and condescending, all in the same sentence. Other than a very few extremely egregious examples (such as racial slurs), words are words: they only have the power to offend you if you willfully give them that power over you. I do not, so feel free to call me a "condescending ahole" all you wish. I give words zero power over my emotions.

But, with that said, I apologize for offending you.

Can we be done now? Please and thank you?

Edited by J.S. Crews

You have to watch the show first or else you will be terrible, terrible disappointed no matter what happens. If you read the book, you will be angry at what was left out or changed in the show.

I read all the books multiple times. Then watched the show (season 1 on blu-ray, season 2 live), and love it, as I am capable of treating them as two similar-but-separate forms of entertainment. I did not know I was performing the impossible.

[mod] First off, do not assume that your words are not offensive to people. And everyone, please be polite and do not call people names, even ones that seem obviously benign to you. Secondly, this thread is way over post count limit and it's time to put it to bed. [/mod]

Edited by Zbój Xray