The Dragon Has Three heads.....(ADWD spoiler)

Haha, yes. It sounds ludicrous when said like that, but why the hell would the legend be told "And Azor Ahai plunged his cock between Nissa Nissa's thighs and after another year of the horrible Winter, a great hero was born." It certainly fits with why it took so long to end the Long Night.

And then they had to wait for Azor Ahai to grow up. Nah, I don't buy it.

And then they had to wait for Azor Ahai to grow up. Nah, I don't buy it.

"They" implies everyone gathered around him like baby Jesus. The world was dying and desperate. I doubt they were looking for their future hero. He likely just became that hero.

Well, the Long Night is supposed to have lasted for more than a generation and children were born who grew old and died without ever seeing the sun per Old Nan's story so it could be.

The comet is said to herald his return. That he is re-born admist smoke and salt.

I don't think we have time to wait for child to grow up so the current AA should already be an adult or nearly adult but maybe needs to have the same bloodline as the original AA.

"They" implies everyone gathered around him like baby Jesus. The world was dying and desperate. I doubt they were looking for their future hero. He likely just became that hero.

How about all those times Azor Ahai "forged" his penis, I mean sword? And I misspoke early....I meant wait for baby Lightbringer to grow up.

How about all those times Azor Ahai "forged" his penis, I mean sword? And I misspoke early....I meant wait for baby Lightbringer to grow up.

Ok, disagreeing with my theory is one thing. Being condescending is another. I didn't insult you in any way so there is no reason to insult me. Not to mention you're butchering it within your insult.

Ok, disagreeing with my theory is one thing. Being condescending is another. I didn't insult you in any way so there is no reason to insult me. Not to mention you're butchering it within your insult.

I was being sarcastic, but I didn't mean to insult you. Actually, I was more teasing than anything. I'm sorry to have offended you.

I would actually, really hate it if your theory were true. I would groan so loud that you'd hear it....wherever you are.

I was being sarcastic, but I didn't mean to insult you. Actually, I was more teasing than anything. I'm sorry to have offended you.

I would actually, really hate it if your theory were true. I would groan so loud that you'd hear it....wherever you are.

Ah, sorry for jumping the gun. Tricky thing about the internet unfortunately is that sarcasm is so hard to detect. :cheers:

I guess we really are oversharing, but I was speaking "in general". The period without ovulation is not a true period. Yeay! I'm sure the guys on the forum appreciate all the "flower" talk!

My thoughts are that GRRM was writing something deliberate here by mentioning the bleeding at the end of aDwD.

On this forum we prefer the term "Moon's blood"... LOL j/k :cool4:

Interesting thought on the AA reborn/baby lightbringer. Maybe Elaria (Or whatever is Rhaegars wifes name) represents the water as Dornish people are Rhoynish/river worshipers originally? IDK who would be his lion? But Lyanna would be Nissa Nissa... is the tower of joy amidst salt and smoke? Arthur Dayne a bleeding star? Just throwing all that out there.

On this forum we prefer the term "Moon's blood"... LOL j/k :cool4:

Interesting thought on the AA reborn/baby lightbringer. Maybe Elaria (Or whatever is Rhaegars wifes name) represents the water as Dornish people are Rhoynish/river worshipers originally? IDK who would be his lion? But Lyanna would be Nissa Nissa... is the tower of joy amidst salt and smoke? Arthur Dayne a bleeding star? Just throwing all that out there.

HER NAME WAS ELIA OF DORNE! :smoking:

But yes, very good point about her having blood of the Rhoynar, a river-peoples from the Rhoyne River in Essos. Also, I like the idea of Arthur Dayne being the bleeding star. Very creative thinking. Where have you been all these times I have been laughed at? Haha. The Tower of Joy, as far as I know, had no salt and smoke. But the PWWP prophecy speaks of waking stone (which I see as meaning dormant) dragons. Jon is a dragon (R+L=J) and has recently experienced some events amidst salt and smoke that hint at a revival/awakening.

Perhaps the lion was Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife and cousin (full Lannister blood). There are theories that Aerys raped her, but perhaps there was Rhaegar who slept with her (could be an affair rather than rape). I would have to look out for that on my next reread.

HER NAME WAS ELIA OF DORNE! :smoking:

But yes, very good point about her having blood of the Rhoynar, a river-peoples from the Rhoyne River in Essos. Also, I like the idea of Arthur Dayne being the bleeding star. Very creative thinking. Where have you been all these times I have been laughed at? Haha. The Tower of Joy, as far as I know, had no salt and smoke. But the PWWP prophecy speaks of waking stone (which I see as meaning dormant) dragons. Jon is a dragon (R+L=J) and has recently experienced some events amidst salt and smoke that hint at a revival/awakening.

Perhaps the lion was Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife and cousin (full Lannister blood). There are theories that Aerys raped her, but perhaps there was Rhaegar who slept with her (could be an affair rather than rape). I would have to look out for that on my next reread.

LOL so it was Elia, I'm glad The Red Viper wasn't around... :cool4:

Ahh, yes good point, he would be "reborn" amidst salt and smoke so not a necessity at his birth. Here's a link to a thread that may help you flesh out a Rhaegar/Ashara scenario, tho I believe they felt that since Selmy doesn't allude to Rhaegar and seems to respect him that he prob didn't do the "dishonoring", but who knows.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/74411-spoilers-adwd-the-nasty-tourn-ey-of-events-at-harrenhal/

LOL so it was Elia, I'm glad The Red Viper wasn't around... :cool4:

Ahh, yes good point, he would be "reborn" amidst salt and smoke so not a necessity at his birth. Here's a link to a thread that may help you flesh out a Rhaegar/Ashara scenario, tho I believe they felt that since Selmy doesn't allude to Rhaegar and seems to respect him that he prob didn't do the "dishonoring", but who knows.

http://asoiaf.wester...s-at-harrenhal/

I've been a part of that as well :)

I was just wondering - how is Viserion supposed to "find" Jon or Jon come to him? I like the OP's idea, the connection Dany, Tyrion and Jon share through their mothers dying in childbirth, and the idea that the colour and position of the eggs in the pyre suggests who the riders will be, but this nags at me - what do you think, how will Jon and Viserion come together?

I was just wondering - how is Viserion supposed to "find" Jon or Jon come to him? I like the OP's idea, the connection Dany, Tyrion and Jon share through their mothers dying in childbirth, and the idea that the colour and position of the eggs in the pyre suggests who the riders will be, but this nags at me - what do you think, how will Jon and Viserion come together?

Well, Dany's gotta go to Westeros some point, right? :dunno: :bang:

Also, the dragon horn that Victarion has and the Horn of Joramun that Sam possibly has throw in some crazy variables.

Well, Dany's gotta go to Westeros some point, right? :dunno: :bang:

We can but hope :ohwell:

But when she arrives, it's quite possible that the war with the others has already broken out, so maybe she'll come to the frontlines more or less immediately to put her dragons to good use. :fencing:

Chances are that she'll meet Jon there. Though it's by no means the only plausible scenario, it seems the most straightforward way to have the two meet up.

Yes, but who will ride Viserion to Westeros? Ben Plum? :)

In battle you will want to have a rider for each dragon to avoid friendly fire and use your airforce efficiently. But if it's just a "let's go on a trip", maybe the dragon siblings can be relied on to keep more or less together even though only the biggest one is actually ridden?

If not, I'm all for having someone like Victarion or Daario or Brown Ben Plum ride a dragon for the crossing and then go and get themselves killed off to make way for the true dragonriders.

I was thinking maybe when the horn dragonbinder is blown that the dragons will go to their destined masters. So viserion may fly to jon. But that's too easy and in the song things are never easy.

That's what I was thinking too...

And if someone from Essos rides Viserion to Westeros and then dies, can the dragon take a second rider? Do they bond with one person like the direwolves? If that is the case, then if Jon isn't the first who rides him.... :dunno:

I think Jon should be the first one to ride him to make him his own, and I can't see how they'll come physically into contact... but I guess that's where GRRM's magic comes in.

A riderless dragon tagging along with the two with riders seems simple and plausible enough though, maybe that's the answer.

That's what I was thinking too...

And if someone from Essos rides Viserion to Westeros and then dies, can the dragon take a second rider? Do they bond with one person like the direwolves? If that is the case, then if Jon isn't the first who rides him.... :dunno:

I think Jon should be the first one to ride him to make him his own, and I can't see how they'll come physically into contact... but I guess that's where GRRM's magic comes in.

A riderless dragon tagging along with the two with riders seems simple and plausible enough though, maybe that's the answer.

dragons can have multiple riders. Riders can only ride one dragon though. Cause dragons live much longer than humans.

Archived