Who is the man in the cell next to Theon under the Dreadfort?

Wasnt he captive at The Twins??

Yes thats what is said. Never know though. Maybe GRRM was just giving us the mood of the Dredfort Dungeon, but as you know several times something just mentioned as an aside does come back to be important.

It is the Great Other

(who happenned to be Bolton's ancestor as well. Remember Roose eyes. And the leeching. lords of Dreadort originate actually by Other-Human abomination. Hense they must be regularly leeched. Otherwise human blood make them weak...)

It wasnt a Maester, because they would just beahead him. It's someone else...someone important that could be used later in the plot.

They wouldn't just behead a maester, their useful since not many people have extensive healing skills, and they made need tem for ravens, or possibly something scholarly.

They'll use him to their advantage until they have no use and THEN behead him.

someone said Benjen.. is there any real chance that it's him?

I'm begging to see uncle Benjen again, there or in a TWOW pov

No... LOL, sry but it would be more than a stretch to say it's Benjen (and was later posted he was kidding) as his party was found dead North of the wall.

As far as I know the Greatjon was at the twins until Jaime the ordered the RW prisoners moved. Even if Roose had somehow gotten a hold of the Greatjon, I doubt he would have kept Robb's most devoted and fearsome supporter alive.

They would still keep him alive or risk losing the rest of house Umber. But as has been alluded to upthread this is a moot point as we have no evidence that The Great Jon has been moved as of yet.

They almost certainly wouldn't move any important prisoners northwards. The risk of an ambush in the Neck (or along the kingsroad) to free them is too great, while the area to the south of the Twins is much more securely controlled by the Iron Throne. Casterly Rock and King's Landing are the obvious strongpoints to take them off to, the Dreadfort is too distant - as is probably Highgarden.

Archived