Martell and Stark - Crackpot

Arianne and Jon make things nicely symmetrical. Not necessarily from a personality standpoint (though that too is interesting), but from a historical perspective.

The actions of Lyanna (and Rhaegar) resulted in Elia's humiliation and later, her death. Elia should have been queen of Westeros but was murdered.

Three hundred years ago, the Targaryens married themselves to Dorne to unite Westeros. Now, with Dorne (and this time, the North), constantly teetering on the verge of secession, marriage between these two has the best chance of uniting the continent once again.

Very good point, beacuse all are thinking fire and ice are stark+targ but this new combo may also be possible stark+dorne

Agreed. The Targaryens are the obvious choice when it comes to the word fire, but the Martells are also a very good candidates. The word Dorne and its derivatives are constantly linked to adjectives such as hot, fiery, and burning. Their colors are red, orange, and gold (the colors of a flame), they live and thrive in the hottest environment in Westeros (and possibly the world), and they are known to be hot blooded and passionate. Whereas the Targaryens' connection to fire is really only through their dragons (and not their culture/personality).

I don't think GRRM could make the North and Dorne any more dissimilar even if he tried.

Jon seems to be positioned as the next leader of the Wildlings, and gradually departing the Game of Thrones. Pulling him back into the Game would require 1. declaration of his parentage thus reconnecting him to the Game players, AND 2. substantial changes in the North that would free him of the obligations towards the NW. While the first is fairly feasible to happen through certain intimacy with the people in the know, I don't really see how Jon would shake off his responsibilities at the Wall, especially considering that he is not dead.

That said, any connection with Jon would bring not only the North South-of-the-Wall, but also the True North to the game, so if we are to see Arianne+Jon alliance, it's also Dorne+North+Wildlings alliance...

Jee, cannot wait for this to happen!

It is definitely not impossible but the only marriage that would settle this alliance would be Sansa Stark and Quentyn Martell since I do not see Arianne marrying Bran or Rickon. If this alliance ever occurs I would think it's going to be much further down the road since Sansa is basically incapable and maybe unwilling to leave the safety of the Vale.

And because Quentyn Martel is dead...

Everything depends on what will happen once the North and the Starks reclaim Winterfell(which they will).

I mean we are talking about Rickon being Prince of Winterfell, Sansa being Lady of the Vale, Arya being Lady of the Riverlands(or Catelyn Stark) and Jon Snow as King in the North or Night King. Once the three Kingdoms unite more or less then they will become political, but I do not believe that will be until ADOS.

Then when the enter the Game of Thrones, if they so desire, they will need help from at least one family in the South and the only family that hasn't pissed them off or died out are the Martells.

Jon seems to be positioned as the next leader of the Wildlings, and gradually departing the Game of Thrones. Pulling him back into the Game would require 1. declaration of his parentage thus reconnecting him to the Game players, AND 2. substantial changes in the North that would free him of the obligations towards the NW. While the first is fairly feasible to happen through certain intimacy with the people in the know, I don't really see how Jon would shake off his responsibilities at the Wall, especially considering that he is not dead.

That said, any connection with Jon would bring not only the North South-of-the-Wall, but also the True North to the game, so if we are to see Arianne+Jon alliance, it's also Dorne+North+Wildlings alliance...

I think his watch has pretty mutch ended after he was stabbed by his brothers.

It's kind of weird that you dismiss the obvious answer to you're own question. Until death relieve me... Those are the words. A king can relieve Jon of his duty at the wall as both Robb and Stannis tried to do, but for it to actually work in Jon's head, and for the conversation he had with maester Aemon Targarean about how he was offered the crown to have much of a purpose, death is really the only how should I put it moral route, in Jon's eyes that is. That also conveniently leaves the position of Lord Commander open for Jora Mormont.

I'm not sure how an alliance would be made between the Martells and Starks in the form of Jon and Arianne. Sure the Martells want to reform their alliance with the Targaryens, and Jon may very well be one, but that is assuming he is Lyanna Stark's son. I highly doubt Dorne would consider him a legitimate candidate for the throne after the humiliation Elia went through because of what happened between Rhaegar and Lyanna.

I have an opposite point of view. I think that Dorne will ally with a Targ...but not the right one. They will ally with Aegon. He is already in Westeros. He is systematically wiping out the Dornish' enemies, he has a large army, and has captured Storm's End. (Well, Jon Connington probably did all of these things, but in Aegon's name). A wedding pact between Arianne and Aegon seems to be in the works. The added forces of Dorn to Aegon's cause seem very welcome. Also, Dorne's hopes of siding with Dany went up in smoke, quite literally. The wildcard would be Dany and Aegon's desire to be with her. Perhaps he pushes that aside thinking that she may never make it to Westeros and that he has the better claim to the Throne anyhow.

Jon, on the otherhand, has been hinted at quite a lot as the person who will eventually side up with Dany. Dany sees what is clearly a reference to Jon at the Wall (blue rose growing from a large wall of ice) in her visions at the temple of the undying. The R+L=J theories are backed by plenty of book references, and it has been customary for Targs to wed within family. We also have the noted absence of Howland Reed, who knows the truth of the Tower of Joy.

I do like the Darkstar finding something out about Jon though. I see it playing out similar to this: Dorne allies with Aegon. Dany lands in the north and meets up with Jon. Aegon is revealed to maybe not be what he claims to be while the Darkstar returns with prudent info about Jon being much more than anyone thought he was. Dorne sided with the wrong dragon...oops? But maybe they don't care so long as they can get their revenge on the Baratheons and mostly the Lannisters. However, there does seem to be a major problem when you have a pretender Aegon and a legit Dany (and maybe Jon?) vying for the Throne. 2nd Dance with Dragons?

It's kind of weird that you dismiss the obvious answer to you're own question. Until death relieve me... Those are the words. A king can relieve Jon of his duty at the wall as both Robb and Stannis tried to do, but for it to actually work in Jon's head, and for the conversation he had with maester Aemon Targarean about how he was offered the crown to have much of a purpose, death is really the only how should I put it moral route, in Jon's eyes that is. That also conveniently leaves the position of Lord Commander open for Jora Mormont.

And dying words of old bear were tell me son i would like him to take the black.

I have an opposite point of view. I think that Dorne will ally with a Targ...but not the right one. They will ally with Aegon. He is already in Westeros. He is systematically wiping out the Dornish' enemies, he has a large army, and has captured Storm's End. (Well, Jon Connington probably did all of these things, but in Aegon's name). A wedding pact between Arianne and Aegon seems to be in the works. The added forces of Dorn to Aegon's cause seem very welcome. Also, Dorne's hopes of siding with Dany went up in smoke, quite literally. The wildcard would be Dany and Aegon's desire to be with her. Perhaps he pushes that aside thinking that she may never make it to Westeros and that he has the better claim to the Throne anyhow.

Jon, on the otherhand, has been hinted at quite a lot as the person who will eventually side up with Dany. Dany sees what is clearly a reference to Jon at the Wall (blue rose growing from a large wall of ice) in her visions at the temple of the undying. The R+L=J theories are backed by plenty of book references, and it has been customary for Targs to wed within family. We also have the noted absence of Howland Reed, who knows the truth of the Tower of Joy.

I do like the Darkstar finding something out about Jon though. I see it playing out similar to this: Dorne allies with Aegon. Dany lands in the north and meets up with Jon. Aegon is revealed to maybe not be what he claims to be while the Darkstar returns with prudent info about Jon being much more than anyone thought he was. Dorne sided with the wrong dragon...oops? But maybe they don't care so long as they can get their revenge on the Baratheons and mostly the Lannisters. However, there does seem to be a major problem when you have a pretender Aegon and a legit Dany (and maybe Jon?) vying for the Throne. 2nd Dance with Dragons?

Actually dorne will be sworn to Aegon as he is elia's son, so why do we need another marriage pact?

Well my opinion is that there will be 3 major players in the game of thrones and Jon is not among them.

Aegon+a part from Stormlands+ a part from The reach+Dorne

Stannis+The North+The Vale+Riverlands...

Dany+Iron Islands+whatever army she has now...

Jon will probably the last hero that will fight against the others but with no role in the game of thrones. I can't see any connection between him and Arianne in the future. My assumption is that Arianne will rather marry Jon Con.

PS I don't see the Tyrell & Lannister alliance working much longer.

Well my opinion is that there will be 3 major players in the game of thrones and Jon is not among them.

Aegon+a part from Stormlands+ a part from The reach+Dorne

Stannis+The North+The Vale+Riverlands...

Dany+Iron Islands+whatever army she has now...

Jon will probably the last hero that will fight against the others but with no role in the game of thrones. I can't see any connection between him and Arianne in the future. My assumption is that Arianne will rather marry Jon Con.

PS I don't see the Tyrell & Lannister alliance working much longer.

The last i read jon con was dying from grey scale, also vale will not come with someone and definitely not with stannis beacuse if LF is still there he does not trust stannis, if sansa rules vale then i think they will mayb come behind stannis but only if rickon is given WF otherwise that possibility is bleak, also i don't think danny will side with iron islands mayb victarian is just there to give her ships after which he will hopefully perish.

And the last I heard Jon Con was discussing with his half maester a possible alliance through marriage for him. So before he will die, he might get married with Arianne in order to strengthen their position and of course make a new alliance. Keep in mind that they are keeping Aegon for Dany or at least that's what they are planning.

It's either Stannis or anyone for The Vale at this point. LF won't be in charge for much longer there. Without the Vale Stannis won't stand a chance and I do believe that besides a "dance" between Dany and Aegon, there will be a second one between Dany and Stannis.

Archived