DC area, 8/7-8/10

I will be in town during this time, plans tentatively are to find some time to hang with you guys, go to one of the Smithsonian art museums, and hit the Bodymore aquarium. I fly out at 7:00pm friday from Reagan, hopefully I can see some of my favorite DC nerds and extend late wedding congratulations to raids and mrs raids ;)

There's a slight chance I need to be in Indiana for a conference (though even if I am, I'm not positive if this is the time in early August that it is); assuming its not though, I could definitely attend any group meet-up.

Kay, keep me posted on your plans for the Bodymore Aquarium. I haven't been there in a while and if we make a BWB group day out of that, even if it's a small group, I think that would be a good time. Although I know it's in the middle of the week so most of the people with real jobs and shit might be ruled out for that one.

Kay, keep me posted on your plans for the Bodymore Aquarium. I haven't been there in a while and if we make a BWB group day out of that, even if it's a small group, I think that would be a good time. Although I know it's in the middle of the week so most of the people with real jobs and shit might be ruled out for that one.

Mack, consult Ini on it, as he is the captain of that ship, if I remember correctly we were thinking Thursday

Guest Raidne

As far as I know, I'll be in town then so I'll keep an eye out for specific developments. And hey, since Kouran is actually on the Board, I think I'll let him have his own name. Mrs. Raids. :lol:

Guest Raidne

Wednesday is fine for me. As far as places, Continental Pool Lounge off the Rosslyn Metro comes to mind - there's a lot of space, good drink specials, edible food and last time I was there I played ping pong at the bar which was fairly awesome. They have (obviously) pool, skee ball, etc. so it's kind of a fun place and never overly packed but I would check with them to be sure they won't be closed for a special event or anything since that's happened to me before.

Guest Raidne

Alternatively, my guess would be that H St NE would be more Kay's thing and H St Country Club's upstairs retro mini golf course is unlikely to be packed on a Wednesday...but it is a pain in the ass to get there, for sure.

Wednesday should be good for me, turns out that conference is the following week AND I don't need to go to it. Ah well, I'm sure Bloomington has its charms though.

If you haven't settled on a place yet, I'd also throw into the ring the whole mess of places just south of Dupont Circle. Mad Hatter (dancing after 9pm), the Big Hunt (dive), Public Bar (roof patio), and the Dirty Martini (48 oz martinis that require 3 people to order) are all off the top of my head; as an added bonus there's a shake shack right there.

Guest Raidne

I would be down with that plan, actually. Lindz and I were thinking about Wonderland, but DuPont sounds great to me. I thought I'd hate Big Hunt but I kinda love it, and I like bar-hopping or the ability to do so, anyway.

Wednesday should be good for me, turns out that conference is the following week AND I don't need to go to it. Ah well, I'm sure Bloomington has its charms though.

If you haven't settled on a place yet, I'd also throw into the ring the whole mess of places just south of Dupont Circle. Mad Hatter (dancing after 9pm), the Big Hunt (dive), Public Bar (roof patio), and the Dirty Martini (48 oz martinis that require 3 people to order) are all off the top of my head; as an added bonus there's a shake shack right there.

Sounds good to me as well, though neither Kay nor I do the dancing thing (at least I'm fairly sure she doesn't).

Lets plan to meet at one of those places and stay there from 6:30 - 7:30 and then we can move on if we'd like once everyone or most are assembled.

Archived